Todd McShay has us taking N. Dame OG Quenton Nelson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd McShay has us taking N. Dame OG Quenton Nelson

ColoradoFin

Active Roster
Reaction score
48984B21-BC20-4C79-A334-8A61EAD93625.png

I would be ok with this in Round One. We need a road grader to open up holes for Drake and give Tannehill more protection in 2018

Last edited:
Nelson in the first and WIll Hernandez in the second and be done with guards for the next decade. Any center with those two rookies and guard and Tunsil and James at tackle should be enough. Add Davis, Asiata, Larsen, Brendel and either young or a depth tackle and the line will be ok.

If he drops to us, it's a high floor draft pick at a position we need to solidify. That said, Larsen and Davis have been good the last couple of weeks. I personally would prefer to pickup an o-lineman on the 2nd day of the draft that can play center or guard. I think I'd prefer to add a DE in round 1 unless a surprise player falls to us. And alot will be predicated on whether we move on from any of James, Pouncey, Timmons, and to a lesser extent Thomas and possibly Wake, though I very much doubt the last.

Lazy mock drafting. If he knew anything about Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase, he'd not mock Quenton Nelson to Miami.

That's fine though. Miami can use this narrative to keep people confused as to their true intentions. Unfortunately, that sort of obfuscation tends to backfire with a fixated fan base.

Me personally, hoping for a stud lb or de and get a guard/center on 3rd day, we don’t need all pro line just one that is smart and good

Miami most definitely won't go OL in the first. Gase would never take a guard in the first either.

Last edited:
I think my sights would primarily be set on TE Mark Andrews, DE Clelin Ferrell, DE Marcus Davenport, LB Roquon Smith, S Derwin James, CB Josh Jackson, or CB Tarvarus McFadden.

I am assuming Miami will not get a shot at DE Bradley Chubb, RB Saquon Barkley, or CB Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I also believe WR Christian Kirk would be worth the pick, but admittedly it is difficult to see how that would fit into Miami's current portfolio of assets.

If they are making the decision to get rid of Ja'Wuan James, then you probably have to add OT Orlando Brown to the discussion.

I think my sights would primarily be set on TE Mark Andrews, DE Clelin Ferrell, DE Marcus Davenport, LB Roquon Smith, S Derwin James, CB Josh Jackson, or CB Tarvarus McFadden.

I am assuming Miami will not get a shot at DE Bradley Chubb, RB Saquon Barkley, or CB Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I also believe WR Christian Kirk would be worth the pick, but admittedly it is difficult to see how that would fit into Miami's current portfolio of assets.

If they are making the decision to get rid of Ja'Wuan James, then you probably have to add OT Orlando Brown to the discussion.
CK, do you think Miami would consider Christian Wilkins in round #1? He seems like a player too good to pass up at #14 - #16. He’s also versatile, playing both DT and DE.

CK, do you think Miami would consider Christian Wilkins in round #1? He seems like a player too good to pass up at #14 - #16. He’s also versatile, playing both DT and DE.

It's early but that's not a bad start. I'm also feeling some Mark Andrews.

I have evidently been remiss about Leighton Vander Esch, if we are talking about a guy who could be worth a mid-1st round pick. I've never even looked at the dude...I don't think...although I might recall typing his name two years ago while watching Tyler Gray.

Back
Top Bottom