Todd McShay of ESPN, puts out his latest mock... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd McShay of ESPN, puts out his latest mock...

WISfinfan13

Enter at your own risk...
Reaction score
Im sure if you are in insider on espn.com you can take a look at the entire thing, but on Sports Center they only showed the top ten...I dont remember the entire thing, but it had us taking Alan Branch (whom I would be extremely disapointed with along with any other defensive player not named Landry), but the interesting thing to me was the top 5...

Oak-Jamarcus Russell
Det-Brady Quinn
Cle-Adrian Peterson
Tam-Calvin Johnson
Ari-Joe Thomas

Yesterday, I was watching some Sports Center and Micheal Smith came on (started a thread about it earlier and this is kind of similar) and said the while the Browns are still high on Adrian Peterson the signing of Jamal Lewis takes some pressure off the Browns landing Adrain, and with all the holes Cleveland needs to fill they are strongly considering moving down...I was thinking if we would trade some picks or players (Chambers, Booker, Culpepper, ect) we would then be in position to choose between the best two prospects to come out of college in years (meaning Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas)...These two guys are as close to sure things to come out of college in many years...

Now, my entire life i have always been against moving up to draft players and considered any team that did so suckers. (im still pissed about loosing that third to the Vikings to move up one spot when we took Vernon Carey)...But man the thought of having to choose between Calvin or Joe Thomas seems like a very good problem to have...Although I am still in favor of keeping our picks and standing pat at number 9 the thought is very tempting...

yea i dont get these people who want Alan Branch....Manny Wright, Rod Wright, Fred Evans, now Kevin Vickerson...is that not enough???? we have MUCH MORE higher things to worry about.

ps...we should make a "put a picture of ur girlfriend on ur avatar" bandwagon :lol:

You guiys would not be happy if we took Branch? You've gotta be kidding me...Yhis guy is a monster in the middle...Rod Wright will probably play more End than DT...Manny Wright and Fred Evans are more likely to play DT too....The only real NT we have is Traylor and he's old.....Don't get me wrong cos I like the 3 young guys we have but to play a 3-4 you need a big guy in the middle and in today's NFL 300 is not that bnig anymore when you have 320lbs guards coming at you....with Branch our front 7 would probably be the best out there or close to it.

Roth,Branch,Holliday,JT,Crowder,Zach and Porter!!

Ozzy rules!!

You guiys would not be happy if we took Branch? You've gotta be kidding me...Yhis guy is a monster in the middle...Rod Wright will probably play more End than DT...Manny Wright and Fred Evans are more likely to play DT too....The only real NT we have is Traylor and he's old.....Don't get me wrong cos I like the 3 young guys we have but to play a 3-4 you need a big guy in the middle and in today's NFL 300 is not that bnig anymore when you have 320lbs guards coming at you....with Branch our front 7 would probably be the best out there or close to it.

Ozzy rules!!

DT is a tough position to analyze in the draft. Many good DT's are taken in the later rounds and many 1st rd picks are underachievers (Dan Wilkinson for example). If Quinn is gone before the 9th pick, the only other guy I would pick would be Landry. If not, I would rather see us trade down.
I don't think Stanton will last into the 2nd rd.

i wouldnt be UPSET if we took Branch...i just think we have more needs than that. Evans is a big guy...Wright played in his 1st year and was impressive...Evans is 6'4, and weighs about 310 i think...hes pretty big id say. Manny Wright is also a monster, weighing at 329 and is 6'6. Rod Wright is also about 6'5, 305 pounds. but i think when Manny comes back, cuz im sure he will...he will make a great nose tackle

Ozzy rules!!

My GF is going into modeling and is starting her own website...If that ever gets kicking ill put that in my sig...

But to get back on topic...Yes, I understand a good NT is pivotal when running a 3-4, and i think Alan Branch can be a very good fit for years to come...The problem is we have much bigger needs...Our offensive line has been ripped apart this offseason, and anyone who watched the Dolphins last year knows that the problem wasnt the defense...We just signed Traylor back, who when healthy fills the NT position perfectly. Listening to Dom Capers PC a couple days ago he said that he expects big things from Fred Evans and made it clear he is going to get some playing time at NT in the 3-4 this upcoming season...Manny Wright also can play both NT and DT...So it to me it seems like we have some young guys developing in that position and if we indeed arent happy with these guys I would like to see us take a NT in the later rounds to develope...Also when you look at guys who have been great NT over the years they havent been the early round picks...Guys like Gilbert Brown, Tony Serigusa, Grady Jackson, Keith Traylor all these guys where found later in the draft and became successful...In the first couple rounds i think we need to go offense...I really wouldnt mind or be suprised if we took Oline with our first three picks, Cam said it himself "it all starts up front"...And seeing the price it takes to sign big name free agent offensive line man, its clear we have to improve the oline through the draft...

So, maybe I over exagerated when I said i would be "disapointed" with Alan Branch...I would be ok if FO thinks he is best player available, but I still think the offensive side of the ball needs too much work to be spending such a high draft pick on a NT, whose talent will probally be equalled or surpassed by someone we could take in rounds 3-7....

yea i dont get these people who want Alan Branch....Manny Wright, Rod Wright, Fred Evans, now Kevin Vickerson...is that not enough???? we have MUCH MORE higher things to worry about.

ps...we should make a "put a picture of ur girlfriend on ur avatar" bandwagon :lol:

yea and traylor is back for a year or 2. why get another NT? dude evne if they become SUBPAR we can get another one the following year instead we can survive with ok NT's this year.

if u ask me...Traylor could last awhile. he still mauls people...hes still healthy. hes only 36 i believe...heh, im sure he could go another 4-5 years.:lol:

Branch is a serious long term solution at NT for any team except the rare few that already have one. By picking up Vickerson today, I think we all but guaranteed that we won't draft Branch. I liked seeing Joe Thomas fall to Arizona because that leaves Levi Brown to fall closer to us. WE NEED A LEFT TACKLE!! Joe Staley will be gone by our pick in round #2.

Sorry buddy but Vickerson does not play NT. He is also TC fodder with a slight chance at making the last DL spot.

As much as i would love to draft Quinn i think we have more pressing needs...trading back would be 1 idea, perhaps maybe get a 2nd or 3rd pick to go along with it...but the guy i really love at 9 is lavon landry...call me crazy but this guy is a player and is the best impact defensive player out there...if u have him and bell as safeties and both will and jason allen playing cb and daniels playing in dim/nickel situations and our front 7 looks to becoming along nicely i think we be set and we could concreate the rest of the draft on the OL and maybe a qb or wr

Back
Top Bottom