Tom Brady Goes to Sleep at 8:30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady Goes to Sleep at 8:30

rob19

Soul Rebel
Reaction score
"Strength training and conditioning and how I really treat my body is important to me, because there's really nothing else that I enjoy like playing football," he said. "I want to do it as long as I can."

Here's his entire answer when asked about his sleep habits (full audio here):

I do go to bed very early because I'm up very early. I think that the decisions that I make always center around performance enhancement, if that makes sense. So whether that's what I eat or what decisions I make or whether I drink or don't drink, it's always football-centric. I want to be the best I can be every day. I want to be the best I can be every week. I want to be the best I can be for my teammates. I love the game and I want to do it for a long time. But I also know that if I want to do it for a long time, I have to do things differently than the way guys have always done it.

I have to take a different approach. Strength training and conditioning and how I really treat my body is important to me, because there's really nothing else that I enjoy like playing football. I want to do it as long as I can.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-sleep-2014-11

One night earlier this year, I ran into friends in New York who happened to be with Julian Edelman. After a breakout season, Edelman had been debating whether to re-sign or leave for a bigger offer … which meant he’d be leaving Tom Brady. And his friends were busting his balls about it. Go ahead, leave Brady — see what happens. It was actually pretty funny.10

Edelman knew what I did for a living. He had a couple of drinks in him. He was feeling emotional about Brady — again, it was unclear whether they were done as teammates — and launched into an endearingly genuine monologue about Brady’s brilliance. What an unbelievable teammate Brady was. What an unbelievable quarterback he was. How he worked harder, day in and day out, than any teammate Edelman had ever had. How he owed everything to the guy. We joked that Edelman almost sounded like a religious fanatic discussing the Cult of Brady or something. But that’s how he felt.

I asked him how long Brady could keep playing, and without hesitation, Edelman said, “As long as he wants.”

“Like, 43?”

Edelman nodded. He described Brady as a “football machine,” adding, “He’s in bed by eight thirty every night!” He had never seen anything like Tom Brady. He couldn’t imagine Brady NOT playing football. Six more years, at least. That’s what he believed.

(And yes, Edelman re-signed with the Patriots just a few weeks later. Let’s just say I wasn’t surprised.)

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/tom-brady-peyton-manning-cheating/

Always respected Brady. Called him the best Quarterback in the league before the season started, and guaranteed an AFC East Title and AFC Championship game appearance in response to a lot of people saying he was no longer an elite QB after his less-than statistically stellar 2013 campaign. I won't name names, but a few posters here even claimed Ryan Tannehill had eclipsed Tom Brady.

Back
Top Bottom