Tomorrow (3/4/2013) Will Be The Last Day Teams Can Tag Their Players? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tomorrow (3/4/2013) Will Be The Last Day Teams Can Tag Their Players?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Also, I googled this without any luck: does FA end March 18th? - - >:confused:

FA doesn't really end at all and keeps going through the season I think and yes tomorrow is the last day to tag a player.

Okay. Thanks.

Whom do you think we will tag, not counting Starks, tomorrow? I bet no one else will be tagged except Starks because, from what I recall, Ross or Ireland, had said we will only tag one player. Not sure though.

Nubler7, I added a question to my post (#3)...can you tell me your answer.

Okay. Thanks.

Whom do you think we will tag, not counting Starks, tomorrow? I bet no one else will be tagged except Starks because, from what I recall, Ross or Ireland, had said we will only tag one player. Not sure though.

You can only use the franchise tag once, Starks is the most likely candidate. There is a chance that the Dolphins don't tag anyone.

Oh right. Now I am clear. Thanks again.

Also the tag is based on the highest salary at the given position.

For example to franchise Jake Long (OT) , his base salary for this yr would be the average of the top OL (around 12 mill)
To tag Sean Smith would make his base salary about 10 mill a yr
And to tag Starks it will be around 8 mill a yr.

When you think of value on team vs price tag, you can see why Starks is the best option for the tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarcastically, the only person worth tagging after Starks is Carpenter.

Question: Has there ever been a player who has been tagged and then released before the season? If a player is tagged are they gauranteed monies if they don't make the club? My example would be if Long is tagged but remains or gets injured in pre-season. Can he then be released without eating his cap number or salary?

Sarcastically, the only person worth tagging after Starks is Carpenter.

Question: Has there ever been a player who has been tagged and then released before the season? If a player is tagged are they gauranteed monies if they don't make the club? My example would be if Long is tagged but remains or gets injured in pre-season. Can he then be released without eating his cap number or salary?

Best of my knowledge the one year contract is fully guarantee regardless if the player is released or get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom