Tony McDaniel seemed REAL UNHAPPY today on the Sid Rosenberg show today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony McDaniel seemed REAL UNHAPPY today on the Sid Rosenberg show today

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't tune into the Sid Rosenberg show often, but I was listening today and they had Tony McDaniel on and Sid asked Tony about being named the starter for the Minnesota game and then right before the game them sending Randy back to DE and putting Soliai at NT and having him rotate like normal. McDaniel stated that they had a "package" for him and that package was not going to start the game.

So Sid, being the funniest unfunny guy you know asked Tony if he is bothered by them bringing in a guy like Odrick, Merling still in the mix, Grant, Douglas, etc and says your a big and impressive enough guy to handle it and McDaniel was like"I agree I don't know why they keep bringing in these guys either". He also says that him and Mike Nolan have not "connected at all" and even him and Tony Sparano "aren't tight like that". He stated with supreme confidence in being able to be a dominant force on this line and feels like coaches don't see it like that.

He goes on to say "Well this is my last year in Miami" and when Sid tells him that they just want "you and Will Allen" off on a plane out of here Tony laughingly (but seriously) agreed. Sid decides to get off the subject saying he doesn't want to get him in trouble with the Dolphins and Tony really didn't seem to care. They went on to talk about the Dolphins and he did acknowledge the great team defense they have played and he was glad the team has gotten off to a good start.

I just found it real weird that a player would go on a radio talk show after a 2-0 start to the season and express his dissappointment so openly and bluntly to a talk show host. I wonder what is going on here? I really like the depth that Tony McDaniel brings to our DLine and I was hoping we resign him but it definitely doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Just like McDaniel claimed he was going to dominate the Jaguars last year and he got his *** handed to him?

who cares, if he was makin hes tackles and not let adrian peterson makin him look dum maybe he be starting.

I listened to that interview and I did not get the same feeling. He seemed frank and patient with Sid's bullets.

I don't tune into the Sid Rosenberg show often, but I was listening today and they had Tony McDaniel on and Sid asked Tony about being named the starter for the Minnesota game and then right before the game them sending Randy back to DE and putting Soliai at NT and having him rotate like normal. McDaniel stated that they had a "package" for him and that package was not going to start the game.

So Sid, being the funniest unfunny guy you know asked Tony if he is bothered by them bringing in a guy like Odrick, Merling still in the mix, Grant, Douglas, etc and says your a big and impressive enough guy to handle it and McDaniel was like"I agree I don't know why they keep bringing in these guys either". He also says that him and Mike Nolan have not "connected at all" and even him and Tony Sparano "aren't tight like that". He stated with supreme confidence in being able to be a dominant force on this line and feels like coaches don't see it like that.

He goes on to say "Well this is my last year in Miami" and when Sid tells him that they just want "you and Will Allen" off on a plane out of here Tony laughingly (but seriously) agreed. Sid decides to get off the subject saying he doesn't want to get him in trouble with the Dolphins and Tony really didn't seem to care. They went on to talk about the Dolphins and he did acknowledge the great team defense they have played and he was glad the team has gotten off to a good start.

I just found it real weird that a player would go on a radio talk show after a 2-0 start to the season and express his dissappointment so openly and bluntly to a talk show host. I wonder what is going on here? I really like the depth that Tony McDaniel brings to our DLine and I was hoping we resign him but it definitely doesn't look like that is going to happen.
i no some people dont like sid and all, but i think sid has a great personality for radio. i know hes not a dolphin fan and all, but hes still a good radio guy. i enjoy his interviews with ricky weekly and all his other guests. he makes it interesting. a lot better than Michael Irving.

yea thats weird man. i watched one of his interviews, and it seemed as if he was pissd off the entire time... he does give us depth though

Just went back against my morals and listened to the interview. Same ole Same ole. Sid was doing everything possible to put him on the spot. He was leading him on. Mcdaniels was foolish enough to play along.

Been saying this for months, STOP LISTENING TO 560 WQAM.

Joe Rose Sucks
BIG O has become the most negative Bish on the radio.
Sid Rosenberg is POS NY who hates Miami

And dont forget this is the station that sent the BIGO crew to cover the 1st week of the NY JETS Training Camp instead of the Dolphins Camp. That right there alone put the icing on the cake for me.
Chubbs

I listened to that interview and I did not get the same feeling. He seemed frank and patient with Sid's bullets.

I completely disagree, it got a bit awkward, I mean Sid doesn't have a problem being awkward on his own but I don't think he was prepared for Tony being so blunt, he was so blunt that you had to believe he felt there was truth coming out of McDaniel's mouth.

I dunno, maybe I overanalyzed it, but Tony McD didn't seem happy at all. When you say on the radio "This is my last year in Miami" and you don't even say the words "hopefully we can get an extension done" or nothing like that, it felt like he is done after this year, atleast that is how I felt when I listened.

I didn't know I could listen online, I would have got the EXACT quotes instead of paraphrasing them (was driving). Sorry for the inaccuracies in the quotes.

The Fins tried signing McDaniel to a long term contract which he declined. He better be careful cause the Fins told Douglas he could be resigned, and the way Miami is cutting players I would be very careful if I am Tony.

I don't think Tony is anything special to be honest. Won't need to re-sign him with Odrick here and Merling back healthy next season anyway. I'm sure he'll have a talk with Coach Sparano about these comments though. We're not the New York Jets, this kind of stuff doesn't fly here. Period.

I completely disagree, it got a bit awkward, I mean Sid doesn't have a problem being awkward on his own.

Sid is a pri*k. McDaniel is not an eloquent radio speaker and that in itself makes for awkward listening. Sid baited him throughout the interview and Mcdaniels took it very calmly and responded frankly.

He was asked about the draft day and Odrick DE in first round. The question was posed in a baited manner like: I was puzzled by Odrick pick, we have you to play, were you also surprised and kind of mad at another DE?
And he answered frankly: yes I was like what the heck.

Any one of us would feel the same. What the heck, am I the worst player so that we need DE in first round? That was very frank.

Will be surprised if the fins allow Mcdaniel to do another radio interview.

Have I already mentioned F*ck 560? just checking.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom