Tony Pauline Interview with Joe Rose | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline Interview with Joe Rose

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
http://wqam.com/index.php?page=347

Click the link and scroll and find the interview with Tony Pauline....

I found it to be insightful on a few fronts, but you decided....

1. Think Barkley will come out.

2. Barkley is going to better right off the bat, but RGIII has a higher upside and could be special

3. OT draft is very top heavy with not much depth. Does not think you can land a starting caliber OT unless you go for it early.

That dreaded RT position might have to filled in FA.

Anyways, check it out.

http://wqam.com/index.php?page=347

Click the link and scroll and find the interview with Tony Pauline....

I found it to be insightful on a few fronts, but you decided....

1. Think Barkley will come out.

2. Barkley is going to better right off the bat, but RGIII has a higher upside and could be special

3. OT draft is very top heavy with not much depth. Does not think you can land a starting caliber OT unless you go for it early.

That dreaded RT position might have to filled in FA.

Anyways, check it out.

i agree, if all of those underclassmen declare. if not, it's not even top heavy IMO

I still can't help but wonder why it is that this staff is so firm in the belief that Vernon Carey can no longer play RT.

All year long Vernon Carey should have been playing Right Tackle with Richie Incognito at Right Guard and Nate Garner at Left Guard. If the coaching staff had any sense, that's how they would have done it. But they don't, they didn't, the head coach has been fired and the rest of them will be fired shortly.

I still can't help but wonder why it is that this staff is so firm in the belief that Vernon Carey can no longer play RT.

All year long Vernon Carey should have been playing Right Tackle with Richie Incognito at Right Guard and Nate Garner at Left Guard. If the coaching staff had any sense, that's how they would have done it. But they don't, they didn't, the head coach has been fired and the rest of them will be fired shortly.

It's Okay CK,

That Era of silliness is hopefully over. At the very least one can assume he's better than Colombo! No?

It took me all of the first pre-season game watching Colombo to immediately call him the worst offensive lineman I'd ever seen in a Dolphins uniform... and that's going up against some stiff competition.

The offensive tackle class isn't deep by any stretch, nor is it really all that top heavy in my opinion. It's just a very average class as a whole. However, I guarantee I can find a guy in every round that's no worse than Colombo from day 1.

There's a local kid here that plays for UAB by the name of Matt McCants who I don't think would do any worse than Colombo at right tackle even if you plugged him in there today.

this draft as a whole to me doesn't look particularly deep...even if all these underclassmen come out...finding a right tackle even a veteran off another teams cuts if we have to is not that hard...i'm not concerned about it at all...first thing whoever comes here should do though is send colombo packing...guys just dreadful...

b/t you guys see pat mcquistan manning left tackle for seattle the other night??? i almost choked when i saw it...robert quinn spun him like a top off the edge...

If Vern was in better shape, maybe he is an option. That he has never been kicked out there after Columbo's display is maddening.

McQuistan let up some pressure to Robert Quinn but his run blocking was excellent. He was a guy that looked hellishly awful his first couple of games when he had to play for Miami, but actually started to settle out and play decent football.

It certainly didn't take me any more than one preseason game to declare that Colombo is easily the worst OL on the team. Worst in Dolphins history though, that's pretty steep. I mean...Taylor Whitley...god damn he was bad.

Matt Kalil is good, but he's not top 5 pick worthy. Barely top 10 pick worthy.

I should be able to watch 4-5 games in a row and never see you get beat if you're a top 5 pick at left tackle. I see Matt Kalil get beat 3-4 times on a single drive at times.

Chris Samuels is what a top 5 pick looks like at left tackle, although I know a lot of people weren't watching Chris Samuels at Alabama. He started 42 games at left tackle for Bama during his career and never gave up a single sack. Not one.

His Senior season, he didn't even give up a single pressure on his way to winning the Outland Trophy. Along with 91 pancake blocks.

That's what a top 5 pick and franchise left tackle looks like.

evidently kalil is showing as given up no sacks this year...well thats a testament to matt barkley cause i know watching every usc game this season i saw him struggle with speed off the edge more than a few times...

evidently kalil is showing as given up no sacks this year...well thats a testament to matt barkley cause i know watching every usc game this season i saw him struggle with speed off the edge more than a few times...

Yessir... testament to Barkley, 1-step drops, and roll-outs away from Kalil.

There's no way someone could watch any one of Kalil's games and not see him getting beat in the 3 and 5 step passing game. It's not possible. It's there.

Honestly, I liked Tyron Smith more than I do Kalil. I think Smith is going to be a pro-bowler at RT for a long time, and ascend towards the top of the list of NFL tackles. Incredible talent.

i like kalil but i'm with you he's not a top 5 worthy talent imo...he also to me looks like he needs to put on some good weight...looks a little lean to me in some areas...like he's a max 295 lb playing weight guy

i''l take him any day over jonathon martin though...who i've seen an awful lot of quick pressures coming off his side also...

Martin has some upside, he just needs to get stronger. Significantly stronger.

Nick Perry made him look like a turnstile, and that's the type of guy he'd be seeing every week lined up across from him in the NFL. Martin needs to go back for his Senior season.

Martin has some upside, he just needs to get stronger. Significantly stronger.

Nick Perry made him look like a turnstile, and that's the type of guy he'd be seeing every week lined up across from him in the NFL. Martin needs to go back for his Senior season.

my thoughts as well...

Back
Top Bottom