tony pauline's top 50 prospects heading into the combine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

tony pauline's top 50 prospects heading into the combine

Looks like he's not jumping on the Cam Newton bandwagon that many analysts have the last several days. Can't say I agree with Kaepernick being in the top 50 but omitting Ponder. :ponder:

Ponder is smart and athletic, but I think his arm strength is piss poor. I know people have screamed the Chad Pennington comparisons . . . but seriously it fits, except he is a litle more athletic and a whole lot less accurate. Pennington is the most accurate QB in NFL history and in the end was an average QB/game manager. Imagine getting a guy with a similar skill set except less accurate and more injury prone in college than Pennington and had the same shoulder surgery Pennington had when he lost all of his arm strength as a rookie.

I think he is smart enough to be a great backup, but at this point I think Henne at worst could be a great backup . . . we don't need any more developmental backups we need guys who long term could become something greater than that.

Smith over Miller :ponder:

If Newton has a solid Combine and Pro Day, he goes #1 overall . . . no way Carolina passes him up. This draft is so deep on the DLine they can grab a great player in round 2 (crap New England has their pick don't they?)

Back
Top Bottom