Tony Pauline's Week 5 Risers and Sliders | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline's Week 5 Risers and Sliders

Gholston has certainly not taken the step up he would've needed to in order to claim top standing.

I've seen enough of David Amerson now in two games to know I don't want him on the Dolphins.

I'm not sure who Tony Pauline is but I just looked at his draft ratings for prospects according to each conference, and I have to say that 75% of his grades/projections are extremely inaccurate. Apparently he's not even aware of who some of the best prospects are from each conference.... they're not even listed.

Sutton was an absolute beast in that game.

I think he's certainly on the right path with Trufant. If you study that track meet that Baylor/Washington had in their bowl game going all the way back to last year, Trufant was the only DB on the field that had an idea as to what he was doing and the only one not getting burned... for either team. Briles game planned away from Trufant with the bubble screens and only let Griffin test him about 3 times unsuccessfully.

Good looking DB everytime I've scouted him despite the rest of his secondary giving up some huge games through the air to legitimate receivers (Keenan Allen, Marquise Lee, Marquess Wilson, Markus Wheaton, Kendall Wright, etc.)

Pauline is a great draft evaluator.

I like the thought of drafting Zach Ertz (TE, Stanford) in the second round to improve our vertical game. Guy can block effectively, too.

I like the thought of drafting Zach Ertz (TE, Stanford) in the second round to improve our vertical game. Guy can block effectively, too.
Tyler Eifert wouldn't be a bad option at TE either and Levine Toilolo from Stanford had a big game last week. Stanford is growing TEs on trees....no pun intended.

Eifert would be nice but isnt his projected value as a first? not so sure we can do a first on a TE at this time, so many defensive upgrades needed at that pick. If it is we have to look at the Stanford TE's or my favorite in Fauria. He has legit receiving skills at 6'8" and is agile unlike most tall football players. The Auburn guy looks like one to keep an eye on too, Lutzen-whatever.

Slim, I agree with Trufant, that boy can play. I'd love for us to get him, probably a 2nd rounder, yeah? nice size at 5-11 about 185 or so? a guy like him could put Marshall back to FS.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Trufant has excellent pedigree for tha position as well. Nice to lean on an all pro for guidance as big bro!

Eifert would be nice but isnt his projected value as a first? not so sure we can do a first on a TE at this time, so many defensive upgrades needed at that pick. If it is we have to look at the Stanford TE's or my favorite in Fauria. He has legit receiving skills at 6'8" and is agile unlike most tall football players. The Auburn guy looks like one to keep an eye on too, Lutzen-whatever.

Slim, I agree with Trufant, that boy can play. I'd love for us to get him, probably a 2nd rounder, yeah? nice size at 5-11 about 185 or so? a guy like him could put Marshall back to FS.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Trufant has excellent pedigree for tha position as well. Nice to lean on an all pro for guidance as big bro!
I would have to think that Miami gets secondary help pretty early in this draft, quite possibly with one of their 2nd rounders. Could also see the team making a move to deal back into the bottom portion of the 1st round for a receiver (maybe Woods) or a tight end like Eifert. It's nice to have the kind of ammo the Dolphins have in the 2013 draft.

Right now I'm thinking DE 1st round, CB with the first 2nd round pick and WR with the second 2nd round pick...I may flop the WR/CB though. I just haven't been wowed by too many of the CBs in this class.

Back
Top Bottom