Tony Romo retired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Romo retired

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Tony Romo is leaving football and going into broadcasting, even with Dallas planning to release him today, sources tell @toddarcher and me.

Didnt see that one coming....but with his back? Probably a smart move.

He's made plenty of money and could probably make a solid 7 figure a year deal in TV broadcasting.

Obviously difficult to measure competitive desire, but this seems like a no brainer for him.

Good for us. Puts the Texans into the buy now Qb market

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Good for us. Puts the Texans into the buy now Qb market

They're idiots if they don't sign Kaepernick.

And should still draft a QB in the first, whether or not they could have landed Romo or should sign Kaep.

They're idiots if they don't sign Kaepernick.

And should still draft a QB in the first, whether or not they could have landed Romo or should sign Kaep.

You'd think a relatively young QB who managed to not be a complete disaster on the field last year even if he didn't set the world on fire would be sounding pretty damn good to the Texans considering they just made the playoffs starting Brock Osweiller. Hard to believe that all the anthem stuff would be the reason, but I can't think of any other reason.

You'd think a relatively young QB who managed to not be a complete disaster on the field last year even if he didn't set the world on fire would be sounding pretty damn good to the Texans considering they just made the playoffs starting Brock Osweiller. Hard to believe that all the anthem stuff would be the reason, but I can't think of any other reason.

Especially since Houston wanted to trade for him last year.

Link: Report: Texans, Browns interested in trading for Colin Kaepernick

Their loss if they continue to overlook him.

I don't have a particularly high opinion of Jay Cutler, but he's better than Kaepernick.

Is he for good? Or was that a move to speed up the process, because the cowboys were planning to hold him just before training camp which would prevent him from really being read for a team for next season. I wonder if him retiring him allows him to think of broadcasting but but released and therefore open to un-retire and join another team. Despite his retirement, I can see the texans or broncos contacting him to see if he'd want to play for them or come out of it. We've seen players retire before only to join a team after retiring ( Brett Favre).

I don't have a particularly high opinion of Jay Cutler, but he's better than Kaepernick.

Cutler would be a decent stop gap option as well. He is basically Dan Marino compared to what they've had the last few years and I can see that team winning the AFC South pretty easily with Cutler or Kaep. Anyone in the same area code as competent, really.

I'm sure that's the reason. It's Texas and they don't want to deal with the potential of the distraction that a not very good qb could bring.

Colin Kaepernick simply isn't good enough to justify the baggage he'd bring to a team.

I mentioned Cutler and I actually feel like this is the same reason he's currently unemployed. Cutler would be a huge upgrade over what several teams have on the roster right now, but he's got a reputation as a bad locker room guy and also his wife is currently posting nude pics of him on instagram or whatever and he's in the news for that. Teams absolutely give a crap about that stuff.

I bet they'll both find work after the draft.

Back
Top Bottom