Tony Sparano Column: "It’s All About Making This Team Better" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Sparano Column: "It’s All About Making This Team Better"

andyahs

Bahamian Redneck
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What? Rip Van Sparano just woke up from a 4month hibernation? Where was he when our offense and offensive play calling was ****ting the bed? Where was he when we got shutout at home on SNF? ... or humiliated by NE on MNF? Where was he when over the last year, we actually won fewer games in Miami than Pittsburgh? What the **** was he thinking 10 days ago when he said he'd like Henning back next year??

I've lost faith in him. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but that's alright so long as he would have been smart enough, like any good manager to have people he could delegate the responsibilities to, and then hold them accountable. He's still enabling Henning by faulting the players instead of the blueprint. It was only a groundswell of disgust in the MNF humiliation that reluctantly prompted him to fire Bonamego. This guy is a slow-thinking reactionary - pro-activity is no where in his DNA.

The other night while driving I was listening to a replay of one of Tony's pressers and then listening to Eric Spoelstra's pre-game interview analyzing and evaluationg Houston who the Heat were going to face that evening. I was struck by the difference in those two: one sounded like a Rhodes scholar and the other like he should have been out grading roads. But then again, one was hand-picked and mentored by Pat Riley and the other by the Tuna.

Sorry Tony, not that I think you have the capability to effect change, but even if wrong, it's just too ****ing little, too late!

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as he is fired along with Henning and Ireland, the team will be better

Can we see the unedited version of that interview?

How many times did Tony say "You know?" before any random word?

well im glad he wants to make the team better. I mean i thought he was supposed to say I want to make the team worse. Good comment by sparano very insightful

Its the same thing every week from him. We need to execute better. We need to improve. blah blah blah but he never mentions specifics. Maybe he is keeping the specifics close to his vest so he wont tip off the next staff on who he would of drafted in 2011 if he was still employed. Thats a great plan you got there Tony. Keep us all in the Dark that should rally up support for your cause.

Back
Top Bottom