Top 20 Free Agents/Top 10 Waived Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 20 Free Agents/Top 10 Waived Players

MiZFiT

Club Member
Reaction score
Malcolm Floyd, WR (21)

Speculation: With receivers flying off the board on day one, the market for Malcolm Floyd has heated up quite nicely. The Vikings are looking at him to replace Sidney Rice, the Bears are looking at every receiver going and the 49ers are pretty desperate with news Michael Crabtree may not be ready to go for the start of the season.

What Should Happen: The Vikings can’t leave their receiving group untouched, and Floyd’s vertical ability is about as good as you’ll get when trying to replace Sidney Rice. Either that or the Redskins fancy one more receiver.

Braylon Edwards, WR (24)

Speculation: Edwards tweeted that he feels the Jets don’t want him back, and while he removed that tweet, there other dealings may limit their ability to lock a talented receiver like Edwards down. Real good down the field threat, the Vikings have been interested, and don’t discount the Redskins.

What Should Happen: I really don’t know. My gut tells me Floyd to the Vikings, which leaves Edwards where? San Francisco is a pretty nice place to live, but will they shell out top receiver money? Edwards is likely to cost more than Floyd.

Manny Lawson, OLB (25)

Speculation: Before free agency started there was a lot of talk of teams that would be interested in Lawson. Well those teams are either not interested or playing it awfully coy. Some rumors suggest teams are waiting to check out Lawson’s knee on the back of an old ACL tear. That makes sem

What Should Happen: The more I think about it, the more KC seems like a good fit for him. Presuming they don’t go with Matt Roth. I have Roth ranked higher, so Lawson should be selling himself before teams can pull the trigger on a superior player in Roth.

Zach Miller, TE (27)

Speculation: Another player we’ve heard next to nothing about. Teams just don’t appear to value tight ends in free agency as much as they do other positions. Either that or they feel it’s a given he returns to the Raiders.

What Should Happen: He’s a better player than Greg Olsen, but that trade and subsequent contract he agreed should encourage people to show their interest. He’s an every down tight end who just needs to get a little bit more consistent game to game.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/07/30/free-agency-2011-top-51-20-remain/

WR Michael Jenkins

In 12 games in 2010, Jenkins had a +5.2 rating in receiving which was good for 22nd best in the league. A drop and fumble in the playoffs doesn’t leave a good taste in the mouth, and the Falcons upgraded with Julio Jones, making Jenkins expendable. A number of free agent receivers returned to their 2010 teams, so a few teams are still looking to upgrade. Jenkins offers an experienced option.

TE Todd Heap

The Ravens needed to cut a few players, and they spent two picks on tight ends last year which lessened the need to keep Heap around. While you wouldn’t want him to block for you, in 2010 he was still one of the best receiving tight ends in the league. His 15 yards per catch tied him for fifth in the league. He also caught 70% of passes thrown his way – about average for the position. Of course, his age is an issue, but he can be a quick fix somewhere.

G Jacob Bell

The Rams upgraded the guard position with Harvey Dahl from the Falcons. They asked Bell to take a pay cut and he wouldn’t, so despite being the best starting linemen on the Rams in 2010, he has been released. He gives more value to a team that likes to pass, as his +7.1 pass block rating was third best for left guards in 2010. However, his -3.8 run block rating was a problem as you typically need reliability in that department from your guards.

G Rich Seubert / C Shaun O’Hara

The Giants decided they wanted to get younger on the offensive line and save some money, so Seubert and O’Hara were both cut. While Seubert is close to average in run and pass blocking, it’s worth noting his +4.5 screen blocking grade was the second highest in the league, indicating an ability to move and zero-in on targets in space. O’Hara was a solid run blocker with a +1.4 rating, although he allowed nine combined pressures which was a little high for 218 pass snaps. With so many teams needing help on the offensive line, each of these players could be an upgrade somewhere.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/07/30/free-agency-2011-ten-cuts-to-watch/

I'm down with any of the quoted options, save for Floyd and Jenkins (especially Floyd, as I feel he's solely a product of the San Diego system). Good options out there to be had if Miami is interested.

Scratch Michael Jenkins.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
A new target for Donovan McNabb: Vikings reached agreement with former Falcons WR Michael Jenkins on a three-year contract.
1 minute ago

Back
Top Bottom