Top 5 college QB's ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 college QB's ?

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Top 10 college QB's ?

Who's are the top 10 College QB this year?

1 Matt Leinart Sr USC 6'5 220 5.10
Leinart has paid his dues and in returning for his 5th year, he is solidifying his spot as the nation's elite QB. His challenge is to prove he makes his supporting cast better and not the other way around.

2 Omar Jacobs Jr Bowling Green 6'4 220 4.72
Jacobs has more upside than Leinart and in his first year as a starter, he proved he had the polish. His mechanics are unorthodox, but even that might not be enough to keep him from the top by next April.

3 Charlie Whitehurst Sr Clemson 6'4 227 4.68

4 Reggie McNeal Sr Texas A&M 6'2 206 4.45

5 Bruce Gradkowski Sr Toledo 6'2 210 4.70

6 Vince Young Jr Texas 6'5 240 4.41

He's the scariest athlete in college football, he's bigger than your linebackers and faster than your DBs. If he can become more of a polished passer and improve his mechanics, he'll move from great prospect to elite.
7 Chris Leak Jr Florida 6'0 205 4.72

8 Paul Pinegar Sr Fresno State 6'4 220 4.95

9 Darrell Hackney Sr UAB 6'2 235 4.80

10 Brodie Croyle Sr Alabama 6'3 205 5.00

I'll would like to keep a thread to track their stats!

mia4ever said:
Who's are the top 10 College QB this year?

1 Matt Leinart Sr USC 6'5 220 5.10
Leinart has paid his dues and in returning for his 5th year, he is solidifying his spot as the nation's elite QB. His challenge is to prove he makes his supporting cast better and not the other way around.

2 Omar Jacobs Jr Bowling Green 6'4 220 4.72
Jacobs has more upside than Leinart and in his first year as a starter, he proved he had the polish. His mechanics are unorthodox, but even that might not be enough to keep him from the top by next April.

3 Charlie Whitehurst Sr Clemson 6'4 227 4.68

4 Reggie McNeal Sr Texas A&M 6'2 206 4.45

5 Bruce Gradkowski Sr Toledo 6'2 210 4.70

6 Vince Young Jr Texas 6'5 240 4.41

He's the scariest athlete in college football, he's bigger than your linebackers and faster than your DBs. If he can become more of a polished passer and improve his mechanics, he'll move from great prospect to elite.
7 Chris Leak Jr Florida 6'0 205 4.72

8 Paul Pinegar Sr Fresno State 6'4 220 4.95

9 Darrell Hackney Sr UAB 6'2 235 4.80

10 Brodie Croyle Sr Alabama 6'3 205 5.00

I'll would like to keep a thread to track their stats!

Leinart worries me. He didn't need to come back to finish school (as most players who come back,do). He likes the pressure free college life. While that is all well and good for most people, I think it shows something about his character.
To be a star player in the NFL (especially a QB) you need to have a burning desire to be the best and want to challenge yourself against the best competition. He doesn't have that hungry look in his eyes when I see his interviews (eye of the tiger). Seems a bit to aloof for my taste and I think he's going to bust big time in the NFL, especially if he gets knocked around a lot his first season and doesn't see some early success.

jlfin said:
Leinart worries me. He didn't need to come back to finish school (as most players who come back,do). He likes the pressure free college life. While that is all well and good for most people, I think it shows something about his character.
To be a star player in the NFL (especially a QB) you need to have a burning desire to be the best and want to challenge yourself against the best competition. He doesn't have that hungry look in his eyes when I see his interviews (eye of the tiger). Seems a bit to aloof for my taste and I think he's going to bust big time in the NFL, especially if he gets knocked around a lot his first season and doesn't see some early success.

I agree completely. My concern with Leinart would definately be maturity. He doesn't have many classes this year, and the fact that he chose "dancing classes" instead of the NFL worries me. Jacobs seems awesome though.

ercin13 said:
-i like jacobs but i doubt he will be available to us, at least i hope not.

no jacobs will be availble unless denver does worse then us but leinart won't be avaible unless we have the first pick or the 9ers have the first pick and we have the second then we can draft leinart but if you have the first pick do you really want matt leinart?

My current top 5

Leinart
Jacobs
Leak
Gradkowski
McNeal

My top 5 at the end of the season

Leinart
Jacobs
Young
McNeal
Whitehurt

Young gets a lot of points as he's a nasty runner. I have a strong feeling he's going to rip it up passing this season though as he's worked on it all season. Watch out!

We'll get jacobs.I believe we will have a top 5 draft pick this year.I hope we get jacobs.Leinhart sucks.Vince young cant pass.

jlfin said:

although you may be right about Leinart, i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe that he wanted to leave USC with a 3rd championship and be remembered as one of the greatest college qb's of all time...
he isn't going to be a bust in the NFL either, so don't worry about that

Back
Top Bottom