Top 5 RB's in the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB's in the NFL

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With all the Mcgahee discussion about being a top 5 back, and the crazy trade Idea post Lets see who everybody really rates as top 5

Mine would be..........

1. Priest Holmes
2. Ladanian Tomlinson
3. Edge
4. Shaun Alexander
5. Curtis Martin(Yea, yea, he's old, & he's a jet but he's been running his butt off for a long time now)

Just for the heck of it 6-10 would be "In No Order"
Portis, Kevin Jones, Corey Dillon, Ahman Green, Tiki Barber..........Fred Taylor Also would be in here, but he just CANNOT stay Healthy

Dolfan4life! said:
Ladanian has to be #1

I would be hard to argue with L.T. being #1, but I give Holmes the slight edge because when healthy he is damn nearly unstoppable, and a TD MACHINE!!!!

outlawd2u said:
With all the Mcgahee discussion about being a top 5 back, and the crazy trade Idea post Lets see who everybody really rates as top 5

Mine would be..........

1. Priest Holmes
2. Ladanian Tomlinson
3. Edge
4. Shaun Alexander
5. Curtis Martin(Yea, yea, he's old, & he's a jet but he's been running his butt off for a long time now)

Just for the heck of it 6-10 would be "In No Order"
Portis, Kevin Jones, Corey Dillon, Ahman Green, Tiki Barber..........Fred Taylor Also would be in here, but he just CANNOT stay Healthy

I think you could add Ricky Williams to the list, so far he's looking great and has certainly proved himself many times over in the past few years. (with not much help from the O-line) which makes him a definite in the top 10.

Fran2fin said:
I think you could add Ricky Williams to the list, so far he's looking great and has certainly proved himself many times over in the past few years. (with not much help from the O-line) which makes him a definite in the top 10.

I wouldn't.

1. Ladanian Tomlinson
2. Priest Holmes
3. Shuan Alexander
4. Edge James
5. Clinton Portis

then....

6. Jamal Lewis
7. Corey Dillion
8. Tiki Barber
9. Deuce McAllister
10. Willis McGahee

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe you guys are forgetting Jamal Lewis

1. LT
2. Alexander
3. Lewis
4. Holmes
5. Portis

McGahee has done nothing, get him off the list. Ricky should be there due to his past accomplishments before McGahee. Deuce should swap with Portis as well. Jamal Lewis somewhere in the top 5 too.

1)Ladanian
2)Shawn Alexander
3)Holmes if healthy
4)Lewis
5)Edge

TGall13 said:
Yes, he's a top 10 back. He goes in fron of Corey Dillon and Tiki...easily.

Not in my eyes! I would take Dillon and wouldn't miss a beat in taking Tiki over Ricky!

1. tomlinson
2. alexander
3. barber
4. james
5. dillon

priest holmes is the most overrated player in the nfl. larry johnson, tony richardson and derrick blalock all had the same or better ypc than holmes did last season behind the kc line.

Back
Top Bottom