Top 5 Route Runners in This draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Route Runners in This draft?

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share some insight as to the best route runners in this draft?

I know Chase and Smith are at the top, but who’s considered better from the two and who else in that tier?

I’ve read Waddle is not in this too great from a few sources. Wonder how true that is from the folks that watch tape?

Thanks in advance .

I'd say Smith is the best route runner in this class. He is always open. Some comparisons to Marvin Harrison for Smith.

St. Brown from USC is another one who stands out.

Smith and E. Moore are the best I've seen, but Marshall and Bateman are really good for their size. Waddle is pretty good, especially on deeper routes. Olave is up there. Still need to watch more St. Brown.

I think Chase does his damage at the top of the route, but he has room to grow early in the route. Watch Michael Thomas coming out of OSU and then watch D. Smith. You'll see them hitting their spots with pace and nuance. Unless the route calls for a delay, they're flying off the line. I don't see that with Chase. He's just really skilled and coordinated, and he tops that with strength, burst, and speed. If he starts doing the little things more, he'll be as good as he wants. If he doesn't, he should still be really good.

SMU's Reggie Roberson seems to be open a lot. The kid is tremendous. He's injured but think he'll become a weapon in the pros. He looks to have speed for days and some juke and jive to get himself separation. He's my sleeper pick at the WR postion.

Love his talent. It just really sucks that he keeps getting hurt.

Love his talent. It just really sucks that he keeps getting hurt.
I don't know where he eventually gets selected. But he's the type of WR that can take the top off a defense. Hopefully he can figure out the injury thing and find a way to stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom