Top 50 Great College Football Players That Didn't Pan Out (in the NFL) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 50 Great College Football Players That Didn't Pan Out (in the NFL)

I actually went to school with Hart Lee Dykes when I lived in Bay City, Texas... played baseball and football with him. The guy was a prick then... he never liked me for beating him out for 1st base. There's never been a guy get more schools in trouble at one time than Hart Lee did.... I think he had 4 schools being investigated for recruiting him.

Joe Deloach also went to school with us and ran track (he beat Carl Lewis for a gold medal in the '88 Olympics).

Simon Fletcher also went to school there with us in Bay City (Former pro-bowl linebacker for the Denver Broncos).

I remember when Denver picked up Ron Dayne. Everyone called him Ron Donuts.

Looking ahead . . . if Tebow doesn't pan out, where would his place be on this list? Will Pat White get a spot? Also no Canes on the list . . . that kind of surprises me with guys like Toretta and Dorsey out there (If they can put Jason White on the list, they probably can put those 2).

I expected to see Ryan Leaf on there somewhere... although the fact that he came out early and therefore didn't accumulate a 4 year college career leaves him off here.

Toretta could probably be on there, he won a Heisman Trophy...

Courtney Brown's teammate, Lavar Arrington, could be on this list...

Tim Tebow is the best college football player of his generation. He would likely end up in the top 5 of this list if/when his NFL career fizzles out. I believe Pat White was the NCAA's career leader in yards from scrimmage when he left WV, and was 4-0 in bowl games... you would think he could end up on this list eventually.

Back
Top Bottom