Top Prospects Miami Dolphins Must Consider Early in 2014 NFL Draft -Bleacher Report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pelorus Jack, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Pelorus Jack

Pelorus Jack Well-Known Member

2. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

As someone who used to write for Bleacher Report...I do not read any of their content.

All of the viral content they ever have is stolen from other places. It's a joke.

3. Pelorus Jack

Pelorus Jack Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input, didn't know that was the case..

4. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Well we need a LB for sure, but that article would have you believe Misi is the weak link. Really its Wheeler who needs to be booted.

5. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

and then include some of the worst opnions I have ever heard
    Just losted to this laughable garbage.."Koa Misi's job is in jeopardy after a mediocre, injury-filled 2013 campaign. Miami needs to find some homegrown talent at linebacker, as they dished out way too much money for Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler."

my god BR is such crap. Its worse than ESPN. A feat I never thought was possible..

6. dolphinheel

dolphinheel A True Fan

Eric Ebron

7. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

Much better than BR's choice

8. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

Man, bleacher report and that staff really blows lamas....

Its a great subject to discuss but br is hot garbage.

9. JayCee

JayCee Starter

Definitely would take him with our first pick. Dude is a BEAST!

10. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

That article wasn't complete garbage, like some are making it to be. Yes, some things I disagree w. in there. But there are players in that list that would make a lot of sense and make this team immediately better.

And how much worse is that article than 90 percent of draft projections/articles?

People need to give as much credit to others as they give to themselves, sometimes.

LD

11. PhinMagic

PhinMagic Banned Hammered

Wow, linebacker? Defensive tackle? How about RB? Wr? TE? O line? Corner?

12. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Amazing how they forget Misi was resigned for 4 years. He isn't going anywhere. If stand up LBs are drafted they will be guys with talent that can develop behind those three (Jenkins) or get cut with little money and time wasted. Here is my projection:

1. Fat boy
    2. Fat boy
    3. Fat boy
    4. Fat boy
    5. Fat boy
    6. Obligatory WR
    7. Fat boy

Doesn't matter which side of the line. We need fat boys on the OL bad, we will need to replace at least one fat boy we lose on the DL.

13. hoops

hoops exited stage left

this is very poorly done

14. PhinSoldia

PhinSoldia Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

basically!!!

15. Digital

Digital Starter

James Hurst is someone to keep an eye on. He could be a LT and may be available in the 2nd round if he has a less than stellar combine. If he blows up the combine, he might even be a choice in the first round.

There are about 4 or 5 legitimate OT candidates that will be taken in rounds 1 or 2, and he is one of them. We will draft too low to get Matthews, and probably Lewan but there is a chance he falls to us. Otherwise there is a group of 4 or 5 guys that will be round 1 or 2 selections if they come out. Hurst fits Philbin's system well. All bets are off if we change coaches though.

16. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

Didn't read the article, but from a need standpoint I'd go RT, LOLB, LG, CB, RB, DT, WR. That's assuming we re-sign either Soliai or Starks, Grimes, Jerry and Mckinnie...

17. dabeastdabone

dabeastdabone Seasoned Veteran

Can't really agree or disagree. Kinda sucks that the 8th pic of 7 of 8 is Brady though, must be a Pats fan that wrote it.

18. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

damn skippy!! and Evans from A&M

19. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

I would love to see both Shazier AND Carlos Hyde drafted by the Dolphins. Shazier is very fast, and deceptively strong. He tackles with the best of them. Carlos Hyde is just a beast, the guy keeps his legs moving like not many I have seen in college. Carlos Hyde will be a great RB in this league. Miller and Hyde with a good o-line would be really tough to stop. Bu then again I am an OSU homer lol!

20. NRA

NRA Roll Gypsy Roll

THE MISI THING is what lowered the grade on this piece.

misi is actually having a nice season and FINALLY looks like he may have something.

he has played consistant, no up and down as they said. when he has been on the field this year he has made plays.

21. steveo style

steveo style Scout Team Donator

No way we draft a corner unless he really is BPA. We just drafted two last year and they are still unproven

22. mbhcu98

mbhcu98 Well-Known Member

I want ebron but don't think we afford NOT to take a LT. Even if we resign McKinnie, we still need a LT. He may play the right side for a minute but, a LT none the less. I think it irresponsible not to protect Ryan Tannehill.................... Again!!!!

That being saying- LT, G, LB, RB, TE. Multiple picks along the line. Ebron is perfect though and may warrant the 1st round pick. Especially if we get a OL in free agency.

23. hoops

hoops exited stage left

it was more than the misi take which lowered this piece...but yeah misi just signed an extension to stay here and play solb they are not replacing him...and i really doubt they would covet a 340 lb guard for this system...guy who put this together doesn't understand the bliocking scheme and ideal fits for it

24. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

Antonio Richardson LT, La'el Collins OG/OT, JaWuan James RT, Eric Ebron TE, Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE, Melvin Gordon RB, Jeremy Hill RB, Allen Robinson(Marshall clone) WR, Denzel Perryman OLB, Kevin Pierre-Louis OLB, Kyle Fuller CB, Darqueze Dennard CB. No quality safeties in this draft imo.

25. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

IMO, there's no way you DON'T take an offensive lineman in the first round. We need to rebuild the line, then worry about a RB.

26. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

BR for the most part is crap. Though, I had not really considered the OG from Baylor.

Is fat boy a nice way of saying cornfed??

Lets ensure that Hartline is the only poison nut on the Phins roster. Go Sparty!

27. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Hard to get into the draft stuff every year, when we received minimal contributions from this years picks:

Dion Jordan/DE/Oregon (first round/3rd overall) - Playmaker but apparently the coaches don't trust him enough on run downs.
    Jamar Taylor/CB/Boise State (second round/54th overall) - Groin, hamstring, hip, toe, appendix, not sure if this guy will ever be "ready". Seems to have the skills though.
    Dallas Thomas/OT/Tennessee (third round/77th overall) - I have no clue what this guys future is. All I've been hearing from this board is Bust City.
    Will Davis/CB/Utah State (third round/93rd overall) - Run liability at his current weight, hopefully we can put some meat on him in the offseason.
    Jelani Jenkins/LB/Florida (fourth round/104th overall) - Our scouts think all Florida players can ball for some reason. Didn't like this pick.
    Dion Sims/TE/Michigan State (fourth round/106th overall) - Scored a game winning touchdown, blocks well, banished from the game plan for some reason.
    Mike Gillislee/RB/Florida (fifth round/164th overall) - Average as hell back.
    Caleb Sturgis/K/Florida (fifth round/166th overall) - Up and down kicker, surely not clutch. But hey, we saved money right! [sarcasm]
    Don Jones/DB/Arkansas State (seventh round/250th overall) - Could be stud special teamer?

Why should we expect next years picks to get on the field?

28. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Because OL often play in a box and can cover up mistakes and also fix them in time for next game.

I actually like some of the picks in this mock. But to me, its early. OT and G are somewhat deep IMO. I would take a T first round you know will start and be stud. Then thinking TE and there are some good ones besides ones who will get all the mention. Take two G's, one in third and one late. Another Tackle late. KR type in round 4 or 5. We should find another undrafted gem for OL too and stack em up.

1. LT
    2. TE/G
    3. G/TE
    4. KR or RB
    5. RB or KR
    6. G/T
    7. T/G

yes, all offense.