Tough schedule? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough schedule?

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
Tough schedule.

Maybe 8 wins, 9 if we have our **** together.

Hope we do well. May not.

Am I the only one who WANTS a "tough schedule"?

So you get 10+ wins, but you had a soft schedule. Playoff time. You get smoked. Badly. But hey! We had 10+ wins!

I dunno, maybe I'm ****ed in the head. But once upon a time there was this badass football team from Miami. And these guys were incredible. They lost some, but usually won. Just about juiced in for the post season. And nobody cared about a tough schedule.

Miami WAS the tough schedule.

So yeah, I want the rough teams. I want New England. Pittsburgh. Baltimore. Oakland. KC.

If this team truly is on the rise (as I feel it is) then you gotta play these teams. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Playing the Jets 16 times gains you nothing. Taking New England, well....you did something.

I would rather play the best the NFL has to offer (and play them well) than to have a sweet record but be crushed in the playoffs.

Oh yeah: these are the teams we would butt heads with in the playoffs. So if we are for real, I expect we'd best get used to a "tough schedule."

We beat one team with a winning record and they smoked us in the playoffs last year.
I know who we are.. Tough schedule or not.
We are not an Elite team but we have a very solid young core and a head coach who the guys want to make plays for.
This year will be on the QB to win a few games since we will be trotting out the same basic Defense with a less rangy FS

We all have seen "elite" teams get beat...even in "the toughest venue to play in"...tough schedule is over rated...

We have a (on paper) bad ass offense that will produce mismatches galore for the opponent...we will score more points this year and be super deadly in the red zone....our defense is faster and better than last year

We should sweep the Jets...and the Bills....we will play the Pats tough and may split with them...so IF we go 4-2 in the division all we need is 6-4 the rest of the way and at 10-6 we will be in the playoff hunt again

I believe this team has turned the corner on mediocrity.....10-6 is the new normal and we are getting better....next curve PROTECT THE HOME TURF.....PROTECT THE ROCK!!! Hard Rock will be the next venue for others to fear.

We should sweep the Jets...and the Bills....we will play the Pats tough and may split with them...

I like his Gase's one game at a time philosophy. I think that is what helped us overachieve last year because our guys stayed focused.

Theres no such team as an easy win. Any given Sunday right? To be the best you have to play the best. The undefeated team as I remember didn't win with huge numbers every week, they won consistently. This is how you gain the respect that some people complain we don't have now.

I think we need to just play and win. I see a positive change and we need to not lose the easy games and win the majority of the east and get the wild card or trump the Pats and win div. This of course is a gargantuan task but someone will do it eventually, might as well be us.We are improving, hard to deny even from the old folks that have suffered since childhood.

Tough schedule.

Maybe 8 wins, 9 if we have our **** together.

Hope we do well. May not.

Am I the only one who WANTS a "tough schedule"?

So you get 10+ wins, but you had a soft schedule. Playoff time. You get smoked. Badly. But hey! We had 10+ wins!

I dunno, maybe I'm ****ed in the head. But once upon a time there was this badass football team from Miami. And these guys were incredible. They lost some, but usually won. Just about juiced in for the post season. And nobody cared about a tough schedule.

Miami WAS the tough schedule.

So yeah, I want the rough teams. I want New England. Pittsburgh. Baltimore. Oakland. KC.

If this team truly is on the rise (as I feel it is) then you gotta play these teams. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Playing the Jets 16 times gains you nothing. Taking New England, well....you did something.

I would rather play the best the NFL has to offer (and play them well) than to have a sweet record but be crushed in the playoffs.

Oh yeah: these are the teams we would butt heads with in the playoffs. So if we are for real, I expect we'd best get used to a "tough schedule."
This post reminds me of my mother. She always used to say, "it's okay if you talk to yourself, as long as no one hears you answer back."

You never know just exactly how tough a schedule is gonna be. Maybe the Ravens will be really good this year. Maybe the Broncos fall off the map. Maybe Alex Smith tears his acl. With four games again the Jets and Jill's however? I expect a winning record.

Year 2 in Gase's offense. Year 2 in the defense with added talent. This team could surprise.

I fully expect to average over 25 points a game as a team this year. To much talent at the skill positions to not score points. If healthy there's mismatches at all levels of the offense.

I thought last years looked worse on paper and turned out not so bad. If you're a good team you will find a way. We have loads of talent and a coach we can all agree is finally competent in using said talent.

10-6 again and a little noise in the playoffs is what I foresee. But along for the ride no matter what!!

We beat one team with a winning record and they smoked us in the playoffs last year.
We are not an Elite team
but we have a very solid young core and a head coach who the guys want to make plays for.
This year will be on the QB to win a few games since we will be trotting out the same basic Defense with a less rangy FS

Actually all that tells me is that last year we were not an elite team.

-We started slow last year, learning a new offense with useless baggage from the year before, once we got rid of the baggage, and felt comfortable in the offense, we did a whole lot better.

-We lost one of our best defensive players, and top leaders of our defense in Jones...got little to nothing from a premium DE free agent we expected much more from...had a revolving door of starters as far as the Corners position...had only one starting LB (Who later broke his hand)...our supposedly most dynamic receiver started season hurt, and ended nursing that injury most of the season...Our starting TE lasted only a few games, and then he was out for the season...O-line again had injuries sprinkled with a little inconsistency early...lost our starting QB (That was coming on in a big way), for the last quarter of the season and playoff.

-We had a new HC that though proved to be the up and coming HC we have been waiting for, slowly did feel his way through the 1st quarter of the season to get accustomed to his new position.

We really don't yet know what type of team Miami will be until the season start, but what we do know is, the Tannehill, Jones, Parker, Alonzo, Maxwell, Howard and Pouncey should be back healthy again, if they can all stay relatively healthy, this is a better team then the one that had a winning streak last year.

The LB squad is already better with the additions and Kiko in his 2nd year, The secondary is already better with the addition of Jones, Howard, and Maxwell, the O-Line is already better with the addition of Asiata, and the return of a Pouncey (probably the most shaky of our returning healthy players).

This team will be better, whether it's elite or not we can't say one way or the other, just wait and see.

We are not an Elite team but we have a very solid young core and a head coach who the guys want to make plays for.

Who was the rangy FS we had last year?

Back
Top Bottom