Tough schedule?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by multistage, May 11, 2017.

1. multistage

multistage Well-Known Member

Tough schedule.

Maybe 8 wins, 9 if we have our **** together.

Hope we do well. May not.

Am I the only one who WANTS a "tough schedule"?

So you get 10+ wins, but you had a soft schedule. Playoff time. You get smoked. Badly. But hey! We had 10+ wins!

I dunno, maybe I'm ****ed in the head. But once upon a time there was this badass football team from Miami. And these guys were incredible. They lost some, but usually won. Just about juiced in for the post season. And nobody cared about a tough schedule.

Miami WAS the tough schedule.

So yeah, I want the rough teams. I want New England. Pittsburgh. Baltimore. Oakland. KC.

If this team truly is on the rise (as I feel it is) then you gotta play these teams. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Playing the Jets 16 times gains you nothing. Taking New England, well....you did something.

I would rather play the best the NFL has to offer (and play them well) than to have a sweet record but be crushed in the playoffs.

Oh yeah: these are the teams we would butt heads with in the playoffs. So if we are for real, I expect we'd best get used to a "tough schedule."

2. fish920

fish920 lurker Donator

Im with it.

3. EmperorPhin

EmperorPhin Scout Team

It's tough every year just win

foozool13 likes this.
  4. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

We beat one team with a winning record and they smoked us in the playoffs last year.
    I know who we are.. Tough schedule or not.
    We are not an Elite team but we have a very solid young core and a head coach who the guys want to make plays for.
    This year will be on the QB to win a few games since we will be trotting out the same basic Defense with a less rangy FS

foozool13 likes this.
  5. mwestberry

mwestberry Well-Known Member

We all have seen "elite" teams get beat...even in "the toughest venue to play in"...tough schedule is over rated...

We have a (on paper) bad *** offense that will produce mismatches galore for the opponent...we will score more points this year and be super deadly in the red zone....our defense is faster and better than last year

We should sweep the Jets...and the Bills....we will play the Pats tough and may split with them...so IF we go 4-2 in the division all we need is 6-4 the rest of the way and at 10-6 we will be in the playoff hunt again

I believe this team has turned the corner on mediocrity.....10-6 is the new normal and we are getting better....next curve PROTECT THE HOME TURF.....PROTECT THE ROCK!!! Hard Rock will be the next venue for others to fear.

6. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

I like his Gase's one game at a time philosophy. I think that is what helped us overachieve last year because our guys stayed focused.

josephreese likes this.
  7. Dolfandenny

Dolfandenny Starter

Theres no such team as an easy win. Any given Sunday right? To be the best you have to play the best. The undefeated team as I remember didn't win with huge numbers every week, they won consistently. This is how you gain the respect that some people complain we don't have now.

8. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

I think we need to just play and win. I see a positive change and we need to not lose the easy games and win the majority of the east and get the wild card or trump the Pats and win div. This of course is a gargantuan task but someone will do it eventually, might as well be us.We are improving, hard to deny even from the old folks that have suffered since childhood.

9. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

This post reminds me of my mother. She always used to say, "it's okay if you talk to yourself, as long as no one hears you answer back."

10. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

You never know just exactly how tough a schedule is gonna be. Maybe the Ravens will be really good this year. Maybe the Broncos fall off the map. Maybe Alex Smith tears his acl. With four games again the Jets and Jill's however? I expect a winning record.

11. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Year 2 in Gase's offense. Year 2 in the defense with added talent. This team could surprise.

I fully expect to average over 25 points a game as a team this year. To much talent at the skill positions to not score points. If healthy there's mismatches at all levels of the offense.

12. NJPHINFAN79

NJPHINFAN79 A True Fan

I thought last years looked worse on paper and turned out not so bad. If you're a good team you will find a way. We have loads of talent and a coach we can all agree is finally competent in using said talent.

10-6 again and a little noise in the playoffs is what I foresee. But along for the ride no matter what!!

13. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Actually all that tells me is that last year we were not an elite team.

-We started slow last year, learning a new offense with useless baggage from the year before, once we got rid of the baggage, and felt comfortable in the offense, we did a whole lot better.

-We lost one of our best defensive players, and top leaders of our defense in Jones...got little to nothing from a premium DE free agent we expected much more from...had a revolving door of starters as far as the Corners position...had only one starting LB (Who later broke his hand)...our supposedly most dynamic receiver started season hurt, and ended nursing that injury most of the season...Our starting TE lasted only a few games, and then he was out for the season...O-line again had injuries sprinkled with a little inconsistency early...lost our starting QB (That was coming on in a big way), for the last quarter of the season and playoff.

-We had a new HC that though proved to be the up and coming HC we have been waiting for, slowly did feel his way through the 1st quarter of the season to get accustomed to his new position.

We really don't yet know what type of team Miami will be until the season start, but what we do know is, the Tannehill, Jones, Parker, Alonzo, Maxwell, Howard and Pouncey should be back healthy again, if they can all stay relatively healthy, this is a better team then the one that had a winning streak last year.

The LB squad is already better with the additions and Kiko in his 2nd year, The secondary is already better with the addition of Jones, Howard, and Maxwell, the O-Line is already better with the addition of Asiata, and the return of a Pouncey (probably the most shaky of our returning healthy players).

This team will be better, whether it's elite or not we can't say one way or the other, just wait and see.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  14. OneYardShort

OneYardShort Be Offensive Donator

Who was the rangy FS we had last year?

15. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

16. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Now is the time to get after it and become the One Team! By that I mean they play for one another and there game rises to the competition. Use this time to figure how will we attack this schedule rather than saying wooh is me.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  17. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Other than the Pats all the rest of the teams are beatable and we really will not know till after preason with injuries etc.

JakeemThe Dream and Goin` Deep like this.
  18. mwestberry

mwestberry Well-Known Member

Pats are very "beatable"....must execute the game plan....we have the offense to hang with all teams...I know and believe DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS....but we will contend

19. Marino1313

Marino1313 Scout Team

Any given Sunday man

20. FinJay614

FinJay614 Well-Known Member

I look forward to playing a tough schedule. If we go 10-6 with the Deflatriots, NFC South and AFC West on our schedule, that means we did it by being good, not lucky. Beating the Browns 16 weeks in a row wouldn't make us a good team, even with an undefeated record. Forget the schedule and how tough it is. We need to lace them up and beat one team at a time. And then the next one. If we can't beat the the good teams when we play them, why should it matter if we get to the playoffs? We'd only get smoked again.

21. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Some of the teams on that schedule aren't as tough as the media make them out to be.

San Diego, Tampa and Carolina are all winnable games.

Denver, Chiefs and New Orleans are tough but also beatable.

Oakland and the Pats are the toughest teams on that schedule.

So I see some light at the end of that schedule. It's not going to be a cake walk but if Miami's play improves from last season on Defense I can see a winning season.

Avigatorx likes this.
  22. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

Schedule schmedule...Good luck trying to contain this offense. It's going to be fun to watch.

Our defense is a work in progress, but it's designed to protect a lead.

We should click day one. Enjoy a meteoric rise until injuries pile up, then things get interesting as most of our backups are intriguing prospects.

23. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

If Gase is everything we hope and believe he can be, the schedule will not matter, Miami will be a team that can adjust and compete with anyone. We should know by mid season if its really a new era in Miami, or just another sense of false hope.

24. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

This year is the most talented team the Dolphins have had since the early 2000s.

I see big things coming. What teams should be saying is "damn the fins will be tough to beat"

The broncos can easily be beat. We almost did when Peyton was there.

I don't think any team besides the Pats are leaps and bounds better than us.

We have blue chip talent on both sides of the ball.

If we don't get injured like last year, expect big things.

Tannehill has a future stud LT for years to come.

We have amazing skilled position players all being very young.

Our D is extremely talented with a vital mixture of young talent and veteran presence.

I know Timmons is old but his last 2 games he played for Pitt he had 14 tackles and then 14 tackles and 2 sacks vs us.

Howard is one guy I see taking the #1 corner spot right off rip. He was super impressive last year without Reshad covering his *** on the back end.

Guys like Hayes, Timmons, and Fasano are going to add a different element to our Run game on both sides of the ball.

We should be the team people are looking out for..We did finish as a top 12 team last year lol

Pandarilla likes this.
  25. JakeemThe Dream

Well said!!!

26. JakeemThe Dream

This is easily the most talented team we have had since the early 2000's

We have a legit run game with a Franchise LT for RT's safety lol

Our Defense has a nice mixture of young talented players and veteran presence.

Our Offense has an array of talented skilled players that are all good at different things.

Grabbing guys like Fasano and Hayes is a bigger deal than the media realizes.

We had a helluva draft and offseason in general.

We finally have depth!!!

The real question teams should be asking is "Damn, we have to play the Fins this week?"

The schedule is what it is. Most of those teams are going to be totally different than last year. That type of thing happens every year.

Most importantly, we have a group of "football players" who love the game and a Coach who has already brought us a playoff berth and just exudes confidence.

The Miami Dolphins are changing every day that our Godsend of a coach is teaching our players what it takes to win a SB on and off the field.

He holds every player accountable no matter where they were drafted our what their contract says.

We realistically could start out the season 4-0.

27. JakeemThe Dream

I apologize that guys. I thought I accidentally deleted my last message and forgot exactly what I wrote lol

That's why my points look a little different. MY BAD lol

28. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

Jameis Winston, Jared Goff, Josh McCown, Drew Brees, Marcus Mariota, Matt Ryan, Josh McCown, Joe Flacco, Derek Carr, Cam Newton, BYE WEEK, Tom Brady, Paxton Lynch, Tom Brady, Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, Tyrod Taylor.

We play only 2 divisional games over the first 10 weeks and they are both against the Jets. The last 6 games feature 4 division match-ups.

29. JakeemThe Dream

That's awesome!! I'm glad you did that. Thanks brother!!

Eesti likes this.
  30. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

I am going just wait and see. How this yr plays out.. I do not think we are that much better than bills. one thing I know we will be in playoff hunt at end of yr. no slow start this yr...

31. Digital

Digital Starter

I'm a bit bummed because yeah, our schedule isn't the greatest. Our home field advantage of heat and humidity early in the season is stolen by playing exactly 1 game in Miami the first month of the season .... against friggin' Tampa Bay. Then our next "home" game is in London. We go cross-continent to play the Chargers then cross-continent to play the Jets, then trans-continental to play in London then trans-continental back ... yay, just imagine the jetlag errr I mean frequent flyer miles we'll accumulate in the first half of the season! At least that is mitigated by only playing 3 cold weather teams late in the season ... at Buffalo, at New England and at Pittsburgh ... yay schedule!

At least we get a late bye .. that actually does help.

But if we're improved, we need to be the team that wins those tough games. That's it in a nutshell.