Trade down #19 options | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down #19 options

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals are strong candidates to take a QB at #20. The main reason is that Carson Palmer is inked in to receive $12m 2015 with only a $2m cap hit.

Bruce Arians runs a passing game based on the deep ball. 2 QB's with 1st round grade Bortles & Carr fit this mould. Bortles will be off the board. The Browns & Jaguars are both rumoured to be wanting to trade back into 1st round, with Cleveland supposedly enamoured with Derek Carr.

If the Browns wanted to trade up your looking at value wise #26 & #83.

If Zach Martin/CJ Mosley/Jace Amaro are still on the board would you still trade down or hold out for more? And if so would you be happy if we could snag Xavier Su'a-Filo at #26 and pick up and extra 3rd?

I would love to have Sua-Filo at 26 and pick up #83. We could then pick up Borland, Bryant, or Benjamin with a trade up in round 2 (#50+#83) and get another solid lineman with our third or just pick up the four BPA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'd be open minded about trading back. If you were just one or two players away from dominating and the guy you wanted was there, no. Miami needs talent and depth and adding picks would be great regardless who it's with.

I'd trade down if Martin and the big three tackles (as expected) are off the board.

Cleveland's an option, as you mentioned. Maybe also the Panthers or Eagles if they want to hop up for a WR. Apparently the 9ers are also looking to trade up (and they have a lot of picks to do it).

Depends on the compensation. As always, I'm not buying the happy adjustments, in this case the idea that this is an unusually deep draft. That type of thing tends to shake itself out toward normalcy. I can almost guarantee that next year we'll be claiming the draft is equal or superior to 2014. Everyone wants to hype the here and now.

You need to stay within the top 40, and as high as possible. That's where the breakdown generally begins, after 40. No reason to expect this year will be any different.

If all we receive is a pick in the 70s or 80s I'd be hesitant to drop more than a few spots. Of course, the ultimate would be the Reverse Spielman, to find a sucker willing to surrender a 4th for essentially nothing. There's the Biellmann Spin in figure skating. Rick Spielman's contribution should be equally famous, or infamous.

SF seems like a strong trade down partner, they really want to move up and select a WR. That could be a reason why we are showing interest in some of the top WR's. They also have Lamichael James up for trade and I wouldn't mind their 1st, James, and a 3rd. to move down 11 spots.

SF seems like a strong trade down partner, they really want to move up and select a WR. That could be a reason why we are showing interest in some of the top WR's. They also have Lamichael James up for trade and I wouldn't mind their 1st, James, and a 3rd. to move down 11 spots.

No thanks to that trade.

I think we're in a prime position for a trade down, the key will be some of those QB's need to start coming off the board for that to happen

Back
Top Bottom