Trade for Albert vs. Trade up in draft for LT vs. Draft as is (Poll) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Albert vs. Trade up in draft for LT vs. Draft as is (Poll)

Trade for Albert, trade up in draft or neither?

• Trade #54 for Brandon Albert

Votes: 140 45.9%
  • Trade up from #12 to #6 for one of the big 3 LT's

Votes: 42 13.8%
  • Stay put and draft as is

Votes: 123 40.3%

• Total voters

nando03

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So there is a lot of talk on the main forum regarding what we are going to do at LT. Do we trade for Brandon Albert? Do we trade up and draft one of the big 3 LT's? Do we do neither or those and keep our picks and build that way? Maybe picking up a RT and moving Martin to LT.

So I'd like to get your opinion on what you would like the Fins to do. Pick one of the 3 and state why you picked that option.

We will assume that the trade for Albert will cost us pick #54.

We will assume that we could trade up to the #6 spot with Cleveland. This costs 400 points based on the draft value chart. Trading up would cost us the #12 and #54. Should be spot on and maybe another late round pick.

Or just stand pat and do our thing.

I see what you're asking here, but I'd like to have a trade down option. If we could trade down a few and pick up a 2nd. I would'nt be opposed to it. Whats the big deal with an LT anyway? If Ryan can get that ball out in time, as with Philbin's quick dump system, Martin shouldbe just fine. Enough linemen.

But as far as my preference, I'd like to develop Martin at LT where he showed improvement as time went on and then grab Winston to play RT. Keep our picks.

id personally would trade down, keep picks, and gather more picks. maybe we could trade down a cpouple times to get picks for next yr to!

I see a lot of guys quote PFF's evaluation/ranking of Albert. Read the article they posted explaining his ranking. I found it to be a little enlightening and that sometimes we shouldn't take raw numbers to be the end all/be all for a player.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/04/19/neils-nfl-daily-april-19-2013/

Sorry if this was already posted.

Not sure what your point was, that article reiterates that HE IS NOT an elite left tackle, and is disapointing in the running game.

I checked stay put however I could just as easily picked trade #54 for Albert as well, predicated on several things:

1) I would wait and see how Round 1 plays out. A Tackle could fall to them, or the Fins could trade back and pick up another 2nd round pick and then trade for Albert.

2) Albert's contract needs to be manageable.

Albert is a good but not great LT. IMHO, a top 10 LT in the league. When all is said and done, if the Fins essentially trade Vontae Davis for Albert and pay Albert like he is top 10 and not top 5 LT then I could be ok with that.

I won't vote because I'm undecided over trading up or standing pat. I do know that getting Albert is not worth the money he wants and a draft pick. Miami needs to build through the draft (and add a few Free Agents here and there), but since they ideally should be replacing most of this "losing" roster it will take more than one off-season to do so. They have to consider every single need and decide which positions must be addressed this year, and which can wait until next year. Unfortunately, the O-line is STILL an issue with this team! I think that they should draft 2 O-linemen; I don't believe that Martin is going to be the starting LT. (If he is, then we may be looking for another QB next year.) For this year, at the minimum they need to improve the damn O-line, get at least one starting CB, a good pass rusher, and probably a TE. The problem I see is that Miami has not been very good at drafting O-line in the recent past, so can we trust them to do better now? I wouldn't be upset if they drafted one CB, one pass rusher, and spent the rest of the picks on the O-line!

Trading up to get an LT needs to involve spending Ablert's money on Abraham or some other free agent DE. That way you factor the money into the poll.

Not sure what your point was, that article reiterates that HE IS NOT an elite left tackle, and is disapointing in the running game.

I, nor have I seen anybody else claim him to be an elite LT... My point is that he is better than any LT we'd get in the 2nd round or with the 12th pick for that matter. My point is that a 2nd round pick and a 7 mil/yr contract would be fair value. That's my point. And in the FOLLOWING post, you will see my preference...

But as far as my preference, I'd like to develop Martin at LT where he showed improvement as time went on and then grab Winston to play RT. Keep our picks.

Ok...didn't see this, I agree on all accounts...I really don't want to give up any of those top picks in such a deep draft.

I say stay put and draft an O-lineman in round two or three.

Back
Top Bottom