Trade for Larry Fitz, resign reggie/hartline, sign fasano/bennett, draft s.bailey WVA

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phinatic1399, Jan 22, 2013.

1. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

There its not hard. I just did Ireland's job for him. You want a contender? u want a playoff team next year? then make moves ireland and add playmakers its not hard. Larry Fitzgerald is to be had and has been for 3 years now. The cardinals were close to trading him to the eagles in the kolb deal, the article is below. The cardinals cleaned house and have a whole new front office and staff and would love to entertain draft picks for their 29 year old veteran wide receiver. They dont even have a QB, they might want to start from scratch on offense their OL is awful and RB's are suspect, they have holes. He would probably cost what marshall costed us the first time. Maybe two 2nd round picks? Would you do that for a top 3 WR and a true alpha WR? He is a team leader and stand up citizen and would immediately upgrade the offense and locker-room. Also he has less question marks about him than bowe, wallace, or jennings. Bowe bad hands? character? jennings old? injury prone? wallace character issues? can only run 9 routes? Now dont get me wrong I would take any one of those guys jennings, wallace, or bowe. But I would MUCH rather have a 29 year old Larry Fitzgerald who brings no baggage and his good football left in him. Why not place this call Ireland? I guarantee this move could be pulled off.

The I'm resigning Bush and Hartline to modest contracts nothing crazy. Sign Martellus Bennett and resign fasano. Draft stedman bailey from west virginia. Go into next season with this as your offense and tell me this is not a much improved offense and ready to compete:

QB-Ryan Tannehill

RB-Reggie Bush/Lamar Miller

WR-Larry Fitzgerald
    WR-Brian Hartline
    WR-Devon Bess
    WR-Stedman Bailey
    WR-Armon Binns/Rishard Matthews

TE-Martellus Bennett/Anthony Fasano

LT- Jonathan Martin
    LG- Richie Incognito
    C-Mike Pouncey
    RG-Brandon Moore-FA
    RT-Will Yeatman/Draft Pick

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000064...-cardinals-i-was-almost-a-philadelphia-eagle/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  2. dbeals05

dbeals05 Tom Brady is the Devil

This is the NFL, not Madden.....

3. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

Nope you can do all this in about an hour, then take a dump, warm up some pizza, grab an energy drink and settle in for a long night of Madden.

I've always been a big fan of trading for the top four picks in the draft every year, too. Maybe you should throw that in there.

4. psfign

psfign A True Fan

:rolleyes2:

5. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP

Madden had an awesome glitch where the CPU teams valued a winning team's picks more than their own in the regular season. You could turn the trade deadline off and swap out your 1st rounder for the team with the worst record's 1st, 2nd and 3rd after week 16. I used to ball out on franchise mode. Surely Ireland can work something similar here to land Fitz.

6. So Be

So Be A True Fan

Can we pass the pipe? :)

7. TheWalrus

Abused that glitch many times myself. Pretty sure Jimmy Johnson used it in the Herschel Walker trade, too.

8. rmc2123

rmc2123 Member

I really don't think this is far fetched. At least not enough to justify all the madden comments. Why wouldn't a team going nowhere with no QB try to get something for a guy who won't be around next time they can win.

9. rmc2123

rmc2123 Member

What do you think he's worth? 29 years old, had a couple disappointing seasons in a row (at least by his standards). Could a 2nd do it?

10. tylerdolphin

Also used to save right before the draft, then do the draft and look at all the draftee's ratings. Then Id re-load to before the draft and know who to pick.

You cant accuse Ireland of using that cheat.

11. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Have you seen Fitzgeralds contract?

12. tylerdolphin

Yeah probably, but Id offer a 4th first just to make sure we don't overpay.

13. phinatic1399

First of all. I want you to name ONE THING, one thing that I posted that is unrealistic or "madden". The cardinals tried trading larry fitz 3 years ago at the age of 26 at the peak of his career. Now his 29 with a whole new front office and coaching staff and now all of a sudden this is an unrealistic trade? Finding a #1 WR does not mean it has to come through FA. Ireland even said today in alabama we will explore trades, free agency, and the draft, so did philbin a few weeks ago. Andre Johnson and Larry Fitz are just dangling there ready to be traded but no thanks on Andre. If you think for one second that front offices and GM's across the league aren't looking at arizona and Larry fitzgeralds situation then your out of your mind. So that's strike one kid. Strike 2, like resigning bush, hartline, and fasano unrealistic? there is a good chance all 3 are resigned. Martellus Bennett is an UFA and we need a seem threat and he has already been linked to us by rotoworld, mando. And last I checked we had a lot of draft picks, drafting stedman bailey in the 2nd or 3rd round is not out of the realm of possibility. So where u got this madden thing is beyond me. U both just got played. What are we just going to sit on our hands with $46 million in cap space and all those draft picks? Seriously guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  14. phinatic1399

15. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

16. TheWalrus

That's a lot of work when you can just trade for them after the draft. :lol:

17. tylerdolphin

But then Id have to give up good players and wouldnt be able to build super teams.

18. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Well, I agree with resigning Bush, Fasano, and Hartline. Its not unheard of. We certainly have the rescources to make it happen. Its just unlikely still because think of the fans of Arizona? Is this good for them? Trade what for him? What are we giving up?

Remember, Philbin doesnt think of WR's as alpha recievers. I dont think he feels the need to get a playmaker at that kind of dime and draft pick when he is confident he can just build his own stars. Jennings is still more reality to me. Just fits. Not star quality enough for you?

so many people want the big name guy to thump their fantasy chests over.

Once again, it could happen, but not seeing it based on the reality of this coaching staff, management.

19. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

The best glitch is the one where you simulate the current pick and then hit the button to fire up a trade straight after it. It opens up a trade about to go down between two teams. You can then edit both sides of the trade and get any player or draft pick in the game for your worst player or seventh round pick.

I wonder if Ireland could pull that one off.

It worked for the Bills one year when they ended up the Pats first rounder and Tom Brady in exchange for Tyler Thigpen. :lol:

20. TheWalrus

Wait, are you saying that or are we talking about Jeff Ireland again?

21. Smith21

Smith21 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I use to trade my 1st pick for a 1st and a 2nd, from any team that would accept.. take that first and trade it for another teams 1st and 2nd (repeat as many times as possible)tha. get about 5 second round picks and trade 2 2nd's for 1'st... now once i had about 10 first round picks i drafted all my 99 overall players from my ncaa team i exported. Ireland its simple.. do that!

22. Never say die

Never say die A Porpoise Driven Life....

This: Wallace, B. Grimes, and S. Vollmer in Free Agency. Ansah No. 1, Cordarrell Patterson at 2a, Eifert at 2b, a Middle LB at 3a, T. Mathieu at 3b, Resign Hartline, Fasano and Bush if he's a bargain. Let Long and Smith walk. Done.

23. Dthrill_08

Dthrill_08 A True Fan

I would consider this for two 1st, and a 2nd/ 3rd or two 2nd and a 1st.

24. LandShark13

LandShark13 A True Fan

Although he does get blamed all the time for not using this cheat as evidenced by all the "how did we pass up on so and so threads" lol.

25. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

imo we dont need another slot WR in bailey ,and another thing he is to short. #3 WR
    Junior
    West Virginia Mountaineers

26. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

27. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

Oh man, good plan. And then we can send a 6th rounder to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers, and have TWO QBs on the field at once. And I bet if we promised Mike Wallace a sweet *** razor scooter, we could get him for the vet minimum. Then we'd have Tannehill AND Rodgers throwing to Fitz and Wallace AND Bailey. No one would be able to stop us. Take that Ireland. I just did 6 months worth of work for you in a single post...

28. AquaInferno

AquaInferno Pro Bowler Donator

Since this is a Madden related thread I though I'd share. In Madden 11 online franchise you could offer cpu ANYTHING and they would take it. You could literally pick a 52 overall and trade him for Tom Brady or anyone you want. Madden is a hilaious game, in Madden 05 I had progressed AJ Feeley to a 95 overall. Whoopin that CPU All Pro difficulty ***!

29. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

I get bored with franchise mode once all the current nfl players retire. I hated playing with default cpu face players.

30. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

no way FITZ leaves Zona unless he goes on vacation.plus he carries a big cap hit plus i would rather have Wallace

31. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

I read your post 10 times just to ensure I haven't suffered brain damage