Trade for Larry Fitz, resign reggie/hartline, sign fasano/bennett, draft s.bailey WVA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Larry Fitz, resign reggie/hartline, sign fasano/bennett, draft s.bailey WVA

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
There its not hard. I just did Ireland's job for him. You want a contender? u want a playoff team next year? then make moves ireland and add playmakers its not hard. Larry Fitzgerald is to be had and has been for 3 years now. The cardinals were close to trading him to the eagles in the kolb deal, the article is below. The cardinals cleaned house and have a whole new front office and staff and would love to entertain draft picks for their 29 year old veteran wide receiver. They dont even have a QB, they might want to start from scratch on offense their OL is awful and RB's are suspect, they have holes. He would probably cost what marshall costed us the first time. Maybe two 2nd round picks? Would you do that for a top 3 WR and a true alpha WR? He is a team leader and stand up citizen and would immediately upgrade the offense and locker-room. Also he has less question marks about him than bowe, wallace, or jennings. Bowe bad hands? character? jennings old? injury prone? wallace character issues? can only run 9 routes? Now dont get me wrong I would take any one of those guys jennings, wallace, or bowe. But I would MUCH rather have a 29 year old Larry Fitzgerald who brings no baggage and his good football left in him. Why not place this call Ireland? I guarantee this move could be pulled off.

The I'm resigning Bush and Hartline to modest contracts nothing crazy. Sign Martellus Bennett and resign fasano. Draft stedman bailey from west virginia. Go into next season with this as your offense and tell me this is not a much improved offense and ready to compete:

QB-Ryan Tannehill

RB-Reggie Bush/Lamar Miller

WR-Larry Fitzgerald
WR-Brian Hartline
WR-Devon Bess
WR-Stedman Bailey
WR-Armon Binns/Rishard Matthews

TE-Martellus Bennett/Anthony Fasano

LT- Jonathan Martin
LG- Richie Incognito
C-Mike Pouncey
RG-Brandon Moore-FA
RT-Will Yeatman/Draft Pick

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000064...-cardinals-i-was-almost-a-philadelphia-eagle/

Last edited by a moderator:
There its not hard.

Nope you can do all this in about an hour, then take a dump, warm up some pizza, grab an energy drink and settle in for a long night of Madden.

I've always been a big fan of trading for the top four picks in the draft every year, too. Maybe you should throw that in there.

Nope you can do all this in about an hour, then take a dump, warm up some pizza, grab an energy drink and settle in for a long night of Madden.

I've always been a big fan of trading for the top four picks in the draft every year, too. Maybe you should throw that in there.

Madden had an awesome glitch where the CPU teams valued a winning team's picks more than their own in the regular season. You could turn the trade deadline off and swap out your 1st rounder for the team with the worst record's 1st, 2nd and 3rd after week 16. I used to ball out on franchise mode. Surely Ireland can work something similar here to land Fitz.

Madden had an awesome glitch where the CPU teams valued a winning team's picks more than their own in the regular season. You could turn the trade deadline off and swap out your 1st rounder for the team with the worst record's 1st, 2nd and 3rd after week 16. I used to ball out on franchise mode. Surely Ireland can work something similar here to land Fitz.

Abused that glitch many times myself. Pretty sure Jimmy Johnson used it in the Herschel Walker trade, too.

I really don't think this is far fetched. At least not enough to justify all the madden comments. Why wouldn't a team going nowhere with no QB try to get something for a guy who won't be around next time they can win.

What do you think he's worth? 29 years old, had a couple disappointing seasons in a row (at least by his standards). Could a 2nd do it?

Abused that glitch many times myself. Pretty sure Jimmy Johnson used it in the Herschel Walker trade, too.

Also used to save right before the draft, then do the draft and look at all the draftee's ratings. Then Id re-load to before the draft and know who to pick.

You cant accuse Ireland of using that cheat.

Have you seen Fitzgeralds contract?

What do you think he's worth? 29 years old, had a couple disappointing seasons in a row (at least by his standards). Could a 2nd do it?

Yeah probably, but Id offer a 4th first just to make sure we don't overpay.

This is the NFL, not Madden.....

First of all. I want you to name ONE THING, one thing that I posted that is unrealistic or "madden". The cardinals tried trading larry fitz 3 years ago at the age of 26 at the peak of his career. Now his 29 with a whole new front office and coaching staff and now all of a sudden this is an unrealistic trade? Finding a #1 WR does not mean it has to come through FA. Ireland even said today in alabama we will explore trades, free agency, and the draft, so did philbin a few weeks ago. Andre Johnson and Larry Fitz are just dangling there ready to be traded but no thanks on Andre. If you think for one second that front offices and GM's across the league aren't looking at arizona and Larry fitzgeralds situation then your out of your mind. So that's strike one kid. Strike 2, like resigning bush, hartline, and fasano unrealistic? there is a good chance all 3 are resigned. Martellus Bennett is an UFA and we need a seem threat and he has already been linked to us by rotoworld, mando. And last I checked we had a lot of draft picks, drafting stedman bailey in the 2nd or 3rd round is not out of the realm of possibility. So where u got this madden thing is beyond me. U both just got played. What are we just going to sit on our hands with $46 million in cap space and all those draft picks? Seriously guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom