Trade for Vontae Davis Looking Like a Bust More and More for the Colts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Vontae Davis Looking Like a Bust More and More for the Colts

Now we just have to hope that Ireland or whoever replaces him makes good use of that pick, and that second 3rd rounder they got for Marshall. The first one was already a waste. I already forgot that garbage tight end that Sherman wanted to cut on Hard Knocks' name.

He is PFF's lowest rated CB in the NFL (out of 156)!!!! Also, he is the worst CB in the league as far as opposing QB rating when thrown to!!

He is PFF's lowest rated CB in the NFL (out of 156)!!!! Also, he is the worst CB in the league as far as opposing QB rating when thrown to!!

Id love it if someone found this clip...............

I noticed no one even talked about it on here. But, after Vontae got beat in the first week by Alshon Jeffery for that TD(that was mentioned) he had ran all the way back to the wall. As he turned around and tried to start walking back, he trips and falls flat on his face. Hillarious. I think he may have tripped on the netting for the FGs or something, Im not sure because I only saw it a couple of times. Would like to see it again.

It pretty much sums up Vontae.

I liked the trade then, and I like it now. This team didn't need unprepared, unmotivated and immature players,
and his and Smiths contracts are coming up. It's doubtful we could've kept both, so at least we got something for him.

You can go back to the Vontae Davis threads.....there were very few people who stood up for the trade. Sorry, it doesnt look like you were one of them.

At the time, I thought this was a horrible trade. I will admit, I was wrong.

I'm always in the wait and see camp. And I'm not through waiting on this one, not by a longshot. But I'll always give our players and decision-makers the benefit of the doubt.

Was supportive of the trade. Culture is a huge thing in the NFL. People always overlook it, but we had a few players who weren't getting on board. Vontae seems like a good guy, but he's always had concentration issues. If he played up to his physical tools in college, he'd have been a top-10 pick; if he did so in the NFL, he'd be an All Pro. You don't want two of your best players to be underachievers. It was a big deal to move Marshall and Davis - that we got 2 3rd's and a 2nd out of them, well, that's gravy.

Looks great now, but you have to question, how would he have played here? Maybe Coyle would have gotten more out of him

Looks like everyone on this board including myself was wrong, and Ireland was right. Getting a 2nd round pick and conditional 6th rounder was a steal for Vontae Davis.
Not everyone, I and quite a few others thought it was a good trade from the get go

Well, everyone is different. He might be taking his brother getting killed a little harder than his brother. You could see from his "call my grandma" statement that he is a little dependent. Not saying it's an excuse for his play but some people deal with things differently. Maybe, maybe not, but maybe one day it will click for him. Or not.

Vontae has all the talent in the world, just a poor work ethic. During their 2nd year, Vontae was clearly better than Smith. Their rookie year was similar they just struggled at different aspects of the game.

I think something people don't give Smith enough credit for is during their 2nd year, he really struggled in camp and preseason and worked his ass off to get better. Smith has also gone from a horrible tackler to solid. Vontae just seemed content with where he was at.

You didn't hear me cry when his dumbass was shipped out. Admit the mistake and cut your loses, Jeff did exactly that.

The tide has turned on Vontae. He prefers to continue to play on his talent alone and not work at his craft. Whereas Sean Smith has seemingly turned his NFL career around by working hard to improve his craft. I was a big fan of Vontae, and actually had bought his jersey, but, was not bothered by the trade that sent him out of Miami. Players come and go in this business and Vontae made his choice as to where he was taking his career. I've never really been a Sean Smith fan up until this season. Smith has earned my respect and Davis lost me has a fan. It's tragic in how a player like Davis never saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm just glad Ireland had the guts to make the call and trade him. At this point it really doesn't matter were that #2 pick from Indy falls as long as Davis isn't here to screw things up, especially when the team seems to be gelling like they are.

Looks like everyone on this board including myself was wrong, and Ireland was right. Getting a 2nd round pick and conditional 6th rounder was a steal for Vontae Davis.

Not everyone hated the trade. Did I think Davis would be the #2 worst CB in the league with regards to QB rating allowed? (He's at 155.x, by the way) after playing 3 games? No. Do I think it hurts that he's in a brand new system? Hell yes.

Do I think he's better than Sean Smith? Nope. He's way too inconsistent. We brought in a guy just like him in Richard Marshall. Flashes great plays. Allows big ones at times. Physical, press cover corner. AND we got a 2nd round pick for the investment. Davis just simply did not develop. The fact that Coyle signed off on this tells you all you need to know. The guy is a secondary guru who turns coal into diamonds everywhere he goes.

Back
Top Bottom