Trade Jordan Phillips to Dallas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Jordan Phillips to Dallas

If Phillips was our 5th DT then yes but since he is the 2nd or 3rd option no way. Trading a 2nd round talent for some hopeful 5th round pick is the easy way to go backwards in the draft. Ride Phillips and if when we loose hin in FA we will get at least a 5th for him. Remember it took 3 to 4 years for Paul Salio to figure it out.

Just talked to one of my co-workers who is a Cowboys fan, he says Crawford will be fine, and the Cowboys are not going to trade with anyone, especially the Dolphins (Of course he felt he needed to take that expected swipe at the Dolphins at the end).

Bad idea. Better to play out the season and see what Phillips does on the field. Trade him now for a low round draft pick will just hurt your DL. Why do it?

Miami has little to no depth at DT as is. Even if Godchaux is starting ahead of Phillips this season the team is in no position to trade any talent at that position.

I'd love some of their OL talent -- obviously C/G or T who can play G. One big fattie for another!

we dont have enough depth at dt to have the luxury of trading a 2nd round pick that still has upside for peanuts....

we still need more depth at the position....you don't trade phillips and make it even worse

No one is trading for a guy now that is struggling in camp, as they would just wait to see who is released.

take it easy guys. How quick do we forget? Anyone remembers Paul Soliai? It took him about 4 years but then he became a very good player for us. DT's sometimes take a while in the NFL. I don't know if he'll turn the corner at some point but I'm not giving up on him just yet.

Ozzy rules!!
This.

I haven't heard anyone say Philips is struggling in camp. When did that come out?
Everyone is saying that. Joe rose has said it every day this week. Omar was on the big O show today, and said it as well. He was gift wrapped the starting job, and he held on to it for about 3 days in camp. That isn't the sign of a guy on the rise.

Back
Top Bottom