Trade up for Dee Milliner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade up for Dee Milliner?

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
His 40 time pretty much sealed it for me.....

1) Would anyone be upset if we traded up for this kid?

2) Assuming he gets past Top 5. How much would it cost Miami to move to #6,7,8?

You would have to get above detroit. Frankly we ned as many draft picks as we can get.

Your talking about giving away our 2nd pick in round 2 or early pick in round 3. I'll pass on giving that away in a deep draft.

This is not a top heavy draft but it is deep..props to Ireland for setting the team up with lots of first two day picks.

just for reference, don't put too much stock in the 40. Dee is a great player, and the 40 was much faster than expected, but watch how he does in drills (aside from catching the ball he's been very good).

But no, you don't trade up.

Although Milliner is the number 1 CB in this draft, he is not appreciably better than Rhodes. If that is our direction, stand pat at 12 and take Rhodes.

Lot of options for Miami. Ansah, Jordan, Banks, Rhodes, Trufant -- all should be in the conversation. Maybe you can add Eifert, Cooper and Jarvis Jones if he drops.

You would have to get above detroit. Frankly we ned as many draft picks as we can get.

May have to move higher than that because all of the teams drafting in the top 5 have a desperate need for a CB. With the underwelming performances of the alleged top defensive lineman Milliner may move up a couple slots.

Lot of options for Miami. Ansah, Jordan, Banks, Rhodes, Trufant -- all should be in the conversation. Maybe you can add Eifert, Cooper and Jarvis Jones if he drops.

Sounds excellent...I'm assuming ideally for this to happen. We need a couple of Qbs taken and a few O-lineman drafted early!

I'd love to have Milliner. But I want all of our draft picks more. The more guys we select, the greater the odds on hitting on a star or two and maybe even a mid to late round surprise. Frankly, it would cost us too much in terms of pick value to move up enough to get him. I don't want it to happen and I seriously doubt it will happen.

No way in hell do you trade up for anyone in this draft. I don't remember the last draft where there were so many question marks on each of the "top 10" talents

Draft Desmond Truphant and sign Marcus Truphant to be our 4th CB and veteran mentor.

would have to give away to much to get up to the 4th overall pick above detriot. Not worth it

Back
Top Bottom