Trading down possibilities… | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading down possibilities…

finner

Starter
Reaction score
IMO here’s a very legitimate scenario

Miami trades 1st to Houston for their 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round picks (which comes out to an exact 1000 point swap on the NFL draft chart).

We take Gabe Watson with 2nd rounder (effectively a late 1st round) and pick up 2 more draft picks (both at the top of their respective rounds).

DT solved with lots of room for other possibilities.

We could also do something similar with New Orleans, and maybe even Tennessee, however Houston would be “perfect.â€Â

I would LOVE to see us do something like this…

phinfan999 said:
Id Prefer a late 1st and a 2nd

Yea, and I'd like a 3rd and a 4th to boot. What I'm presenting is entirely realistic contingent (obviously) on interest from [trade partner].

Show me a realistic example for what you're proposing?

the problem with this is houston has no reason to do this. since they're going to take a player from a position they don't need at #1, they'll need to addressthe needs with the other picks. there won't be a good o-lineman waiting at 16 (unless winston justice falls, and if that happens, it's possible they do it), but there's several good value ones possibly at 33. eric winston, marcus mcneill...

Of course any trade down is based on the other teams willingness etc.

However, there are a number of players from #16 - 32 that will be OFF the board, and if (???) Houston places a high value on one of them, they MIGHT be interested in the trade.

So let me ask you, if Houston did go for it, would you pull the trigger and make the trade as I outlined it?

IMO based on the depth of this draft, there will be a number of players available at 33 that were projected for 1st round --- including DB's, LB's, DL and OL.

cromartie, youbouty 2 cbs thatd be there. sinorice moss could fall. demeco ryans might be there. and johnathon scott, mcneil, and winston.

I would probably do it. But I feel the only way Houston does this is if they do the speculated deal with the Jets for the #1. Then they could still add depth with the jets picks. That would give them 4, 16, 29, 35, 66 on day one. They could fill some serious needs with those picks.
For us its pretty far to fall but I'm pretty sure someone good will still be there. Could be Mangold, Moss, Watson, a number of DBs but hopefully a solid LB like Carpenter or Lawson but I'm not so sure.

it sounds alrite, but i really dont wanna give up our 1ST PICK. we can trade Ricky Williams for a 2nd to Denver, we can even trade Donnie Spragan for a 6th.

also, i dont agree with drafting Gabe Watson....we have Manny Wright and Kevin Vickerson grooming, no need to draft a DT. we need to go primarily OL I BELIEVE. with our first pick, draft Winston Justice or Nick Mangold...2nd round, pick Max Jean Gilles.

Did you mean Houstons 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th cause by the chart I see on Huddle report that works out to exactly 1000, and you are about 112 short.

2nd-580, 3rd-265 4th-112, 5th-43 = 1,000

That might make a big difference in some peoples minds getting that extra pick, which happens to be the first pick of day 2. When Saban can go home review the whole first day and look at who happened to slip out.

Back
Top Bottom