Transition Tag Guarantees 2nd Round pick, doesn't it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Transition Tag Guarantees 2nd Round pick, doesn't it?

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Armando says Dolphins get nothing in return if Jarvis is transition tagged. "Zilch" is what he says they'll receive. Is this true? I thought transition tag nets a 2nd round pick.

No compensation for the transition tag. Only right to match the deal. It's basically useless or a detriment in that you lose out on comp picks.

I think youre thinking of a tender. I'm pretty sure those can only be used on restricted free agents. Landry is unrestricted.

He's gone guys so might as well face it. Move on

Ozzy rules!!

Ozzy rules!!
Everyone understands that he's gone. The most important thing to do now is see if we can get something for him, so it was a good question, the answer just happens to be no. Our only compensation option would be a comp pick or a sign and trade.

Would you guys Transition him over a Franchise tag? It seems like it’s for players who overvalue themselves. When they realize the rest of the league doesn’t wanna pay huge money, the player will take the highest valued contract and hope their old team isn’t mad and matches it still.

From the Teams Perspective: This kid thinks he’s worth all this crazy money. It’s easier to let him see reality for himself than to convince him he’s not worth it. Also the player may come back humbled and motivated.

Neither tag helps us with this situation.

It is what it is, if he wants to hit the open market, he will.

Like Danny said, move on. If he re-signs, for a team friendly deal, great.

I think some people are having a tough time understanding how there can be such a big bridge between his stats and actual production.

Ozzy rules!!
I agree, he doesn't seem worried, why should we? I don't even know if he wants to come back...........time to move.

Neither tag helps us with this situation.

It is what it is, if he wants to hit the open market, he will.

Like Danny said, move on. If he re-signs, for a team friendly deal, great.

I think some people are having a tough time understanding how there can be such a big bridge between his stats and actual production.

Franchise tag gives the team options . . . Transistion tag is basically a setup. With the Fins cap situation any team with cap space can front load the deal making year 1 massive and making it impossible for Miami to match.

The real issue is people want a bargain for everything when todays teams are built to handle these contracts. Especially for players that the team drafted and have been productive. This shouldn't even be an issue . . . Jarvis should be resigned, given a good deal and move on.

I still think a deal happens and all this back and forth is just offseason pondering from columists and a fanbase that is used to having nothing better to do in January.

Franchise tag gives the team options . . . Transistion tag is basically a setup. With the Fins cap situation any team with cap space can front load the deal making year 1 massive and making it impossible for Miami to match.

The real issue is people want a bargain for everything when todays teams are built to handle these contracts. Especially for players that the team drafted and have been productive. This shouldn't even be an issue . . . Jarvis should be resigned, given a good deal and move on.

I still think a deal happens and all this back and forth is just offseason pondering from columists and a fanbase that is used to having nothing better to do in January.

Agreed! I found it interesting that I say a tweet today that said some NFL personnel guys were saying Jarvis wants 14M but will not get it. Maybe the FO is gauging the market and guessing correctly?

Don't listen to the media. Landry knows it's not the time players get offered contracts til after the Super Bowl. No one signed a contract extension. Please stop falling for the media BS.

Agreed! I found it interesting that I say a tweet today that said some NFL personnel guys were saying Jarvis wants 14M but will not get it. Maybe the FO is gauging the market and guessing correctly?

Maybe . . . But its hard to trust anything you hear right now. Everybody blowing smoke and tossing out misinformation. Part of the process.

With all the cap space out there I would find it hard to believe Jarvis doesn't at least get 5/65. I think that is the floor. Ceiling takes him over 15 million. All about guaranteed money anyway so any league source talking about players and AAV . . . That is not even a term they go by . . . They go by guaranteed funds as the lead indicator.

They can place a 2nd or 3rd round tender. Transition means nothing basically.

Back
Top Bottom