Trent Dilfer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trent Dilfer

BigFin

Rookie
Reaction score
Did anybody catch Trent Dilfer rip "Sparano's Offense" and play calling skills in the post games coverage on ESPN. It was classic. I still can't beleive he was our coach.

what I always found funny is when Tony was hired by New York everybody (well not Miami people) said it was a great hire because Tony was a great OC. He was never officially ever an offensive coordinator. The only year he ever called plays was in 2006, Bill Parcells last year, and he had heavy input from Todd Haley who was the passing game coordinator.

I think people also thought he was a genius because they still remembered the 2008 smoke and mirrors offense that won 11 games.

Now before this year, I would've said Tony did a good job scripting the beginning of the game, even at our worst our offenses looked ok during the first 20 plays (which are scripted) but he can't adjust during a game to save his life. His idea of adjusting here was to go back to the Wildcat.

I remember telling Junc in August that Sanchez would regress under Sparano and that Tebow would start over a healthy Sanchez at some point this year. I still might make it 2 for 2...

The definition of Sparano is when Sanchez completed 2 very nice passes in row last night, yes believe it orbit it did happen, he turned to Tebow and the Wildcat on the next play. Sound familiar?

The definition of Sparano is when Sanchez completed 2 very nice passes in row last night, yes believe it orbit it did happen, he turned to Tebow and the Wildcat on the next play. Sound familiar?
I think Mike Tirico made mention of that when he said something like "you have a hot QB in Sanchez....and in comes Tebow" to which Gruden replied "I just don't know what the Jets are trying to do on offense". It was comical when you're looking at this from the outside...it was infuriating when he was here and we had to put up with it.

Sparano did not even know what the Wildcat was until it was explained to him, yet he is supposed to be the "master" of it now.

I've never seen Tebow used so poorly, their formations with him look like bad Pee Wee football.

Even Sparano has to know that there is tape of Tebow playing with Denver and with the Gators. Running real formations that have a good chance to make yards. Instead, they bulked Tebow from 235 to 250 and they have him playing...uh....running back?

I consider this a "lost" year for Tebow. And I'm 100% sure that Sparano will be blamed for this season much like Shotty was for last season.

ANYONE but Ryan is going to take the blame for this mess of a season (which I'm loving btway)

Tebow isnt a pro bowl QB but in the right circumstances he can be effective, much more so than Sanchez this season. Baffling that they went out of their way to sign him and wont even give him snaps under these circumstances Shocking coaching from meatball.

MEatball is the classic case of a guy promoted beyond his level of competency

We didnt need Dilfer to tell us how Sparano is a below average OC...

I hate to revel in another team's misery but since it's the Jets. I'm reveling! :) Sparano and the Jets in general were soundly ripped by Young, Dilfer, and Gruden. ESPN ripped them again this morning. Most suggest starting over from scratch; QB, GM, and head coach.

I have always thought Sparano was over-his-head trying to coach in the NFL. I think he would be better off coaching a college team, maybe one that runs a Wildcat Offense, or some option offense.

I have always thought Sparano was over-his-head trying to coach in the NFL. I think he would be better off coaching a college team, maybe one that runs a Wildcat Offense, or some option offense.
I'm thinking high school offensive line coach.

Back
Top Bottom