trent green product of a system, culpepper is a system

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by thefranchisedef, May 28, 2007.

1. thefranchisedef

thefranchisedef A True Fan

now tell me who would you rather have dan marino, or montana?

2. PhinFan0202

PhinFan0202 Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!

The "product of the system" QB won like 4 Super Bowls and the player that was the "system" won none. Not like it was Marino's fault but when you have a system everyone is involved. When one guy is the system it's mostly about that player.

3. MetalKev

MetalKev Dan THE MAN Marino

:bighug:

4. WoodStrock81

WoodStrock81 Rolf Benirschke Sucks!

Trent Green isn't the product of a system, if anything i would say Culpepper is. He was comfortable enough in Brian Billick's and Scott Linehan's systems that he had great years in Minnesota. Without them he struggled. Plus the great system QB's, who execute plays and run offenses to perfection WIN SUPER BOWLS like 0202 said. Considering neither of these guys have won a super bowl as a starter i cant say either is a great system player.

5. MexDolfan

MexDolfan Seasoned Veteran

Recently somebody (please help me with some linkage) said that Dan Marino was easy to read when he was using running game, because of the way he moved his feet on those plays. So because of that, he laked of a god runner among him and that might avoid us to win on big games. His passing skills were so supreme that even knowing he was going to throw the football the defense have hard times to stop him.
    I'll put my vote on Montana for allowing his comrades to complete the show.

6. DestinyFin

DestinyFin New Member

why compare ??

i think the perfect fit for OUR wr´s is green and no cpep

7. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I hope you are not comparing Culpepper to Marino. :confused:

8. WoodStrock81

WoodStrock81 Rolf Benirschke Sucks!

His great release and pure arm strength had a lot to with his ability to be read by defenders when passing. Dont forget he had time in the pocket because of his strong o-lines, and he was hard to sack because of his pocket mobility. Great accuracy as well. All around an incredible QB, so much better than Elway or Young or Aikman it's not even funny.

9. thefranchisedef

thefranchisedef A True Fan

culpepper when he was healthy was great.. trent green has never come close to great.. culpepper.. i would never compare to marino.. the only person i compare to marino is manning because manning is our generations marino..
    okay how about this... who would you rather have... donovan mcnabb or jeff garcia on the eagles last year.. i would still want mcnabb but thats my oppinion

10. SCall13

SCall13 Finheaven QB

That is one of the most ridiculous comparisons I have ever read.

11. Silverphin

Silverphin Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

I may be a Culpepper fan, Culpepper's not Marino. And Trent Green's no Montana either.

12. DaFish

DaFish A True Fan

This thread is absolutely nuts. No thought or research went into this whatsoever. Please tell me you are not comparing DC to Montana or Marino!!!!!

13. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Perennial All-Pro

Culpepper WAS a system. So much so that his fantastic physical skills quite arguably hurt his development as a player. Culpepper doesnt make reads and get rid of the balls like most players. He's used to being able to take a ton of time in the pocket, making a couple reads, and running or heaving it deep to Moss or others if nothing is there. That's not Cam Cameron's offense, and I dont think he is going to want to tailor it around a 30 year old QB with a bunch of wear and tear on his body.

14. FINMAN13

FINMAN13 Starter

When Dan would hand off the ball everyone knew it...His arm would be extended all the way and then some.

Dan may never have won a ring but he has won the RESPECT of every football fan. Even those that hated on him only hated on him because he could do the impossible 9 out of 10 times. Everyone did know that he was gonna pass the ball 35+ times a game. He still broke the records with a SKI BOOT on.:sidelol: Dan pretty much was more mobile inside the pocket with just a few slight last second steps than most RUNNING QB's are outside the pocket.

DAN IS STILL THE MAN!!!:bighug:

15. copper190

copper190 New Member

Culpepper is not a system. When he didn't have Moss he didn't do squat.

16. DUB

DUB Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

:sidelol: Trent Green is a "product" of the system we run and if by C Pep being a system you mean the system that accounts for 2 turnovers a game, I"ll pass.

17. clbrazee

clbrazee Seasoned Veteran

To say a QB is a system means they can play in any offense, Marino fit that bill. He could make any offense go. DC needs Linehan's system, so that makes him a system QB. Green has played in the same offense all the time, However, he has better overall skill as a QB in ALL facets of the game. Meaning he can scramble when he has to, read defenses, uses all is weapons. On the otherhand DC has to scramble to buy time (can't ready defeneses), therefore doesn't use all his weapons as well.

Just my opinion, nothing personal.

18. jlfin

jlfin old pro

DC was never great. He had ONE career year and perhaps 1-2 good years. It has been well chronicled that he stuggles to read defenses.
    He's at his best when he leaves the pocket and plays sandlot football. He lost that ability after his injury. He cannot succeed in a structured offense.

19. zachblitz54

zachblitz54 Juck the Fets

:confused: :confused: :confused:

20. PhinCanuck

PhinCanuck Dolfan in Canada

agreed.

21. Tbone13tx

Tbone13tx Well-Known Member

Lets see Dan Marino or Joe Montana???...It is a hard decision because I haven't seen either one of them play lately!!!:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:
    :bighug:

22. 23EmilioVasquez

23EmilioVasquez Seasoned Veteran

I like culpepper over green every day

23. peppershaker

peppershaker Active Member

Using common sense if Daunte broke Marino's combined passing /rushing record of 5,100+ yards record then it makes sense to compare.

24. eomdtbtr

eomdtbtr Starter

I hope your Kidding, boy. Like he said Marino was a system. Teams win superbowls not players. Give Marino Rice and see what would have happened.

25. fish fan 4 life

fish fan 4 life Pro Bowler

26. fish fan 4 life

fish fan 4 life Pro Bowler

Rice is the greatest wr ever IMO.I watched him his hole career and he could have made my mother look like an all-pro qb.Montana also had Roger Craig the first rb ever to have 1,000 rushing and rec yards in a season.Man i could go on and on about the players Montana had around him but it might make me sick.If Marino would have been a 49er they would have won a few more superbowls.

27. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

:bs: That was hearsay. Someone said it on here and claimed that Bruce Smith said it. Bruce Smith may have said that but, if he did he was talking out his arse. Maybe because he never could sack Dan. Maybe because Richmond Webbs foot was still up his arse he had to say something out of that end. If it were true one would think he knew it was going to be a pass as well since he knew it was or wasnt a run. So dont ya think he couldve gotten a better rush going. After all he knows when its a run and hence knows when its a pass.

Oh he won big games baby. And Im tired of hearing this he needed a running back BS. What he needed was a defense. As long as he played we had all the offense we needed. Sure running helps to mix it up and to give the D some rest, but we didnt need to mix it up. All we had to do was walk over to the defenses huddle, tell them were passing, and procede to score. Every year we had a D ranked in or near the top 10 we went deep into the playoffs. Dan needed Defense. Not a running back.

Also consider those 49er teams had defenses ranked #1 several times and basically in the top 3 at least in every year they won the bowl. Come to think of it look at all the dynasties.

Cowboys teams in the 90s D was #1 ranked at least twice

Phins team of the 70s. Need I say it. They had a nickname.

Steelers of the 70s again....steel curtain

Patsies - D has been their ticket. Belichick is a defensive guy.

28. RenoFinFan

RenoFinFan Pro Bowler

:lol: How is Culpepper a system? After his first year, Robert Smith retires and two OL leave and he falls apart for the next two years. After 2004, Randy Moss goes to Oakland, Birk gets hurt, and Linehan comes to Miami and once again Culpepper is a train wreck. And then there was last year...

Looking back at Culpepper's career, there is no QB in the history of the NFL that more aptly fits as a "product of a system" as Culpepper does. This thread gets my vote for most clueless thread of the year.

29. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Dan Marino is the best football player of all time.

He is better at his position to a greater difference than any player at any position in any team sport. He has no peers. Hes better at QB than the next best guy more so than Babe Ruth was a baseball player, more so than Jordan was a Guard, anybody....any position.....any sport. Not once for about a stretch of 12 seasons or so did he make a mistake on the field. Anytime something bad happened it was someone else doing something wrong that cause it. Any INT was poor blocking or a receiver running a bad route. Something. Not until his last 2 seasons or so did he make a mistake in a game. Thats how good he was.

30. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

It's funny reading this... as both Cpep and Green are coming off very poor seasons.

I hope whomever plays for the phins regains their previous lustre. Cpep has a hill to climb.. i was watching a segment on soccer star Ronaldo, it took him 5 surgeries and 4 years to come back from his devastating knee injury before he won his 3 rd world footballer of the year award.

Yes it is possible....Daunte is a big big man.. his massive weight on his knee will test it. I do like the way they are easing him back.

Comparisons between the 2 QBs and the great QBs of history are rediculous... they were great for what they did and what they had. Is Montana great?.. yes he is.. Is Marino.. absolutely. comparisons are just fodder.. allow them to be great and let it lie.

31. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

I know right..... Didnt that 2000 team he had(the only team he had more wins than losses with. They went 11-5. In 04 he started 14 games and won 7) have a ton of great players and recently had gone 15-1. The other 4 seasons he has played have been a complete debacle. Well three of them were. Words cant really describe how poorly he played last year.

32. ottie35

ottie35 Straight Outta Delaware

somebody delete this joke.

33. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Thread=WTF

34. NathanHunt

NathanHunt Fluff Girls are underpaid.

No player is a system. No system is a player.

There is a system for every player and a player for every system.

The real debate is which 2, at any point in time, yielded the most production and results when paired together.

35. Lester

Lester Can't help it. Born this way!

Ok, I cant believe I doing this, but if we are playing this game.

Mike Vick "a system"

Tom Brady "product of a system"

Who would you rather have.

Name a big time physical specimen QB who the team has to create a sytem around who has won a super bowl recently? Don't say Peyton, he is the definition of a system QB (he could just excel in any system because he is so smart and well rounded)

36. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

Another Culpepper Marino comparison.

It's getting beyond silly in these parts.

37. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

neither QB is very good at this point BUT Green has had uccess w/ multiple teams while daunte had success only early in Minny and 95% of the time it was b/c of Moss. Daute asn't proven he can play well w/o Moss(and 3 weeks in 2004 against bad D's doesn't count).