Truth about the O-Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
I believe that with Tannehill being a dual threat QB (run/pass), opposing defenses must have a LB all the time spying the QB.

sorry man no one spies RT because you dont have to because he never scrambles. that has little to nothing to do with the lack of a running game this year.

Tannehill helps for sure...as far as the o-line playing bad with 4 guys coming back, here's what I think. Bushrod is done. He was bad last year and now a year older he's worse. Pouncey is worse this year too and last year he played 4 games only and he doesn't practice much so the o-line plays better without him(falcons game after he went out). LG is a mess after Tunsil was steady there last year and LT is worse as Tunsil is not as good yet as Albert was even thought it wasn't albert's best year so yeah, we have 4 guys back but they're worse and it's not only because of Tannehill not being playing

Ozzy rules!!
RT would have two broken collar bones already behind this line, given his pocket presence.

Gase is coddling this team to a degree. A perfect example is Pouncey who is held of of so many drills that he can't deliver on Sunday. I understand that he wants to get as much out of Pouncey as he can but this isn't working. We have the player out there playing, but at what level. I also wonder if Pouncey still telegraphs plays like he used to. We might be better off moving Pouncey to LG, bring in Brendel to play center and let Davis and Bushrod share snaps at RG. Maybe a shake up on the O-Line is exactly what the Dr. ordered. We have to find a combination that works, maybe we need to start Asiata next week.
He played guard before and sucked at it real bad. His best and only position is Center and he's not getting the job done

Ozzy rules!!

We got destroyed by the Ravens last year as well. They have our number and we always seem to lay an egg against them.

We got destroyed by the Ravens last year as well. They have our number and we always seem to lay an egg against them.
Because they are big strong and play nasty, and more importantly they beat us in the trenches.

Because they are big strong and play nasty, and more importantly they beat us in the trenches.

And we play like a bunch of scared little girls. The Ravens just keep smacking us in the face and we don't fight back. It's pathetic. Do our guys have any pride in themselves as professionals? My God, you get hit, you hit back but when you hit them back you do it harder. You match a teams physicality and then bust your ass to exceed it.

And we play like a bunch of scared little girls. The Ravens just keep smacking us in the face and we don't fight back. It's pathetic. Do our guys have any pride in themselves as professionals? My God, you get hit, you hit back but when you hit them back you do it harder. You match a teams physicality and then bust your *** to exceed it.
Yeah....we always seem overmatched, like we're being bullied or something.

And we play like a bunch of scared little girls. The Ravens just keep smacking us in the face and we don't fight back. It's pathetic. Do our guys have any pride in themselves as professionals? My God, you get hit, you hit back but when you hit them back you do it harder. You match a teams physicality and then bust your *** to exceed it.

Not sure we even have the players in the trenches to hit back
with- Suh yes who else is overly physical accross the front seven? Maybe Timmons. On the O L who? Nobody IMO.

I thought we would develop into big nasties but that seemed to diminish along with our scoring. Wake, Suh, Timmons, and not many else other than Landry. R Jones tackles like my daughter this year, lots of wiffs. Tank may be a hitter but we need more.

Tannehill started having success when getting rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds......Cutler and Moore struggle to do the same and Tannehill really started coming on with deeper throws. Ya, we miss him for sure!

RT would have two broken collar bones already behind this line, given his pocket presence.
Given RT's proven past in dealing with horrible offensive lines, and yes they were this bad and dare I say worse, I don't think you are being quite honest here. How many games did he miss prior to his initial knee injury?

Nah what we are missing the most is consistent play from the qb in the pocket... standing in and delivering throws in sync with the route combos and with placement accuracy and ability for rac

Not the threat of tannys legs

It's simple. Pouncey is washed now. James was never great. Bushrod is below average. Tunsil is not living up to the hype so far. And the LG situation is a disaster.

There are millions of people who could assemble a better offensive line than Mike Tannenbaum. He is not fit to run a team.

James is not great, but he is playing at an acceptable level. Bushrod is acceptable as well. Pouncey still gats to the second level, but he is not where he was last year. Tunsil should not have played.

James is not great, but he is playing at an acceptable level. Bushrod is acceptable as well. Pouncey still gats to the second level, but he is not where he was last year. Tunsil should not have played.

let me finish that for you.......

Pouncey gets to the second level....while pass protecting.

I believe that with Tannehill being a dual threat QB (run/pass), opposing defenses must have a LB all the time spying the QB. That leaves 1 less defender to stop Ajayi and this is probably one of the reasons Ajayi went to his 1st pro-bowl last year. He was not as effective with Moore in at QB and Gase doesn't calll these plays with Cutler since he is playing scared.

Most teams with Dual threat QB's always had strong running games.
The O-line is the same minus Albert and there is no way they could have regressed that much if the dual threat of Tannehill wasn't making up for this flawed OL

Hmmm...Dual threat qb who had a 142 rushing last year. You really think there was a spy on RT? I never saw a lb spying on him.

Jay also had 200 yards against Buffalo with Moore at QB, so that theory isn’t true either. Ryan was not superstar last year. He was 7-5 with 19tds and 12tds. The offense was equally bad last year in the first 5 games, as we are through 7 games. Even the rest of the season where we went 9-2 Ryan was horrid agai st Baltimore, horrid against LA for 56 minutes, and needed a kick off return and defensive TD to games against the Jets and Chargers. I think Ryan would be better but let’s not forget who he was.

Back
Top Bottom