Truth is | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Truth is

Asicswrg85

Active Roster
Reaction score
1. This team was doomed the second Tannehill got hurt. Even if Cutler somehow magically lead us to the playoffs, we weren't going far

2. This team has alot of holes, we need higher draft picks and need to add talent

3. Too much money has been spent on the wrong guys. We need to find their replacements. That has to happen through the draft

It sucks but loading up on better draft picks is something this team needs anyway to be truly competitive. I expect a better line next year and Tannehill to come back and make the team much better. Add a few more key starters from the draft and we will be fine for next year.

PhinsUp!

I honestly get the Ryan thing but lineman pre snap penalties from the line over and over, zero from ST besides the FG kicker etc I expected a some better performances - not playoffs. Number 3 is a big problem with a lot of no easy outs cap wise.

#3 is the worst imo. There are so many contracts that they gave out that I absolutely hated from the start. Branch made ZERO sense to me and still doesn't, and while Suh is probably our best defensive player there is No Way I'd ever pay franchise QB money to a freaking DT. QB is the Only position that deserves that kind of coin imo. A franchise QB can make your entire offense so much better, and we never see great qbs with terrible offenses, but we certainly have seen a terrible defense down here in Miami with Suh at DT.

T-dumb lied to us and so did the whole FO as to how they were going to build the team. They said they wanted to build it thru the draft but then they traded picks to move up for Carroo and for Howard plus to get Kiko and Maxwell and one is cut and the other sucks. In the mean time Carroo can't even get active. On top of that they gave lots of money to players that haven't earn it so that messed up our cap. The way to build is to move down for more picks instead of using picks to move up for players you don't even need.

Ozzy rules!!

Just parroting what you guys have said:
Jimmy Johnson said today the problem with the Dolphins is to much money spent on the wrong places...the end.
We need a rebuild plan for the next two years, all this talk about we are a few players away to become a championship team is nonsense. I have been preaching for years now that the Phins need draft picks and a lot of them, the days of tweaking are over.

#3 is the worst imo. There are so many contracts that they gave out that I absolutely hated from the start. Branch made ZERO sense to me and still doesn't, and while Suh is probably our best defensive player there is No Way I'd ever pay franchise QB money to a freaking DT. QB is the Only position that deserves that kind of coin imo. A franchise QB can make your entire offense so much better, and we never see great qbs with terrible offenses, but we certainly have seen a terrible defense down here in Miami with Suh at DT.
plus the contract to Kiko and now TJM who could be a good player for us but I'm not convince that starting two SS and no FS is the right move

Ozzy rules!!

Tannenbum's wasteful spending of FA money and draft picks is hurting this team. He needs to go. The Carroo pick was ridiculous. Giving up that many picks for a project player who may never get significant play time with this team. I guarantee any of us could do better simply by loading up on picks and selecting random players. The only time trading picks to move up works is if its a franchise QB at the top of round 1. You don't trade multiple picks for a slot receiver in in the middle rounds. That's absurd.

plus the contract to Kiko and now TJM who could be a good player for us but I'm not convince that starting two SS and no FS is the right move

Ozzy rules!!

Those were just two examples that I gave, there are many bad contracts on this team. I really do like how T-Mac plays though, but I've been screaming for a ballhawking FS on this team for years and years. A rangey guy who can cover the middle of the field would do so much for this defense. When is the last time we've seen a safety jump a route and get an int? I'm not talking about an errant throw, or a tipped pass but an actual int where a safety reads the play correctly, gets in between an offensive player and the ball and picks it off... it hasn't happened in forever.

The team just isn’t fundamentally sound. Too many overrated and overpaid players on the team. Dline is overpaid in money. O-line is overrated in high draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom