trying to be realistic mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

trying to be realistic mock

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
1. Budda Baker-FS/NCB "[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Undersized free safety with the heart of a linebacker. Baker plays with a competitive desire that leaps off the field when you watch him thanks to elite football character and above-average explosiveness. While he is undersized, he makes up for it with his football instincts and plus play speed. Baker has the talent to become a play-making safety with Pro Bowl potential if he can sustain his health.

2. Carl Lawson-DE/OLB-
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Linear player with natural power and aggressiveness, but a lack of flexibility could hamper his potential as an NFL rusher. Lawson's twitch shows up in short, controlled bursts, but he struggles to finish if the play isn't right in front of him. Lawson's ruffneck demeanor will appeal to teams looking for an aggressive edge-setter along a physical front, but his draft grade could vary quite a bit from team to team.

3. Isaac Asiata-G-
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Aggressive and powerful with an ability to create space for running backs in a power scheme. Asiata isn't a complete stiff from a movement standpoint, but he loses effectiveness the farther he's asked to travel from his home base. He'll fall off of blocks a little earlier than teams will want, but his ability to generate movement combined with his girthy frame means he could become a starter at either guard or center within a couple of years.

5. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu-DT/NT-
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Left Utah to earn more playing time at USC and it seemed to pay dividends. With a jarring punch that sets him up for success, he is able to get rid of blockers for quick wins and is a productive tackler once he's free.

5. Levon Myers-OT-
[h=4]BOTTOM LINE[/h] Athletic prospect with potential roster flexibility that could push him up some draft boards. While Myers has the movement ability to play guard in a zone scheme, some teams may also view him as a legitimate swing tackle with the athleticism and length to play either tackle spot. Myers moves well, but he's not a finesse player. In the right fit, he could be an eventual starter and is no worse that a scheme-flexible backup.

Have Myers on my list with Kent Perkins of Texas as possible day 3 guards. Would love to team either of those two with Jermaine Eluemunor of Texas A&M as my young guards on the roster. I get the feeling the second round would be a little rich for Lawson. I'm thinking there will be better options at de at that point, but if they're all gone Lawson would seem to be a reach for need instead of being the best player on the board.

The one other player at 54 I could see, especially now with rumored interest, is Chris Wormley from Michigan. I like his versatility along the line and tools to work with. [video=youtube_share;5kGniqomsqw]https://youtu.be/5kGniqomsqw[/video]

I love Baker and Lawson in round two would be great.

Miami seems like a team that really values measureables, especially early in the draft. So Baker would be a big surprise to me, but would love the pick.

Back
Top Bottom