Tuesday Press Conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday Press Conference

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I’m going to paraphrase, Reporter: Did you and the front office over estimate the talent you have on this roster? Gase: No, I feel really good about the group we have out there. We are 1-2 plays away.

If he believes this forget being fired his mental soundness needs to be checked at a hospital. This group is -87 on the season, and quit on you on Monday Night Football. Just wow.

Maybe he is right though. I bet a lot of other coaches would be winning with this group of talent. Tod Bowles has the same record with 1/10 of the talent and 2/3 the payroll. He should have manned up, and said, “I feel good about the talent, but the coaching staff has been an utter failure.”

He's making his own bed. 1 or 2 plays from being winless.

Last edited:
But what is Gase supposed to say? "this group is horrible and I can't wait to move on". He is a coach of an NFL team, he has to speak that way for the betterment of the team. What we need to look at is his action after the season, be prepared for a total rebuild, anything else would be a huge disappointment. The Dolphins are a train wreck of a team and Gase knows this believe me.

Fact is last year Gase was making due with what he had from the previous regime. This year it's truly Gase's team (Gase's QB, Gase's MLB, Gase's coaching staff, Gase's decision on Ajayi, Gase's O-line), and it's a disaster. Last year he was owning up to things and blaming himself. THIS year he's blaming the rest of the team. It's NOT a good trend, and a sign that he's on the way out.

But what is Gase supposed to say? "this group is horrible and I can't wait to move on". He is a coach of an NFL team, he has to speak that way for the betterment of the team. What we need to look at is his action after the season, be prepared for a total rebuild, anything else would be a huge disappointment. The Dolphins are a train wreck of a team and Gase knows this believe me.

What's he supposed to say? How about "many of these guys are playing for a roster spot next year.' That said, thi s team would be significantly better with Tannehill and a competent OC

When you are embarrassed, and you team quit on MNF, and it’s your 3rd loss in as many weeks, 2nd emabarrasment In 3 weeks on national tv, you can’t act like everything is ok, as was his attitude. He needs to hold coaches and players accountable.

Fact is last year Gase was making due with what he had from the previous regime. This year it's truly Gase's team (Gase's QB, Gase's MLB, Gase's coaching staff, Gase's decision on Ajayi, Gase's O-line), and it's a disaster. Last year he was owning up to things and blaming himself. THIS year he's blaming the rest of the team. It's NOT a good trend, and a sign that he's on the way out.
Actually Gase’s QB and MLB got hurt in the preseason.

When you listen to a Bellacheat presser and he gets confronted with a screw-up in the previous game he usually comments by saying, "Yes, we have a few things we need to work on." He doesn't throw his players under the bus. Gase, by contrast, comes across as whinny and immature and has lost the locker room because of it.

I’m going to paraphrase, Reporter: Did you and the front office over estimate the talent you have on this roster? Gase: No, I feel really good about the group we have out there. We are 1-2 plays away.

That's disturbing and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how the NFL works.

A team with a passer rating differential of -24.4 is hardly "one or two plays away," and in fact it's one or two plays away, in the negative direction on a regular basis, from having an expected regular season record of 0-16.

Also, how did Gase go from complaining about the players two weeks ago, to "feeling really good" about them? What significant difference has there been in the interim? It certainly wasn't winning.

Actually Gase’s QB and MLB got hurt in the preseason.
One proven to be an average nfl qb, which is better than what we have right now, and the other hasn't proven one thing in the nfl yet.

Last year we were the product of a crappy schedule and some good luck, this year we are the crappy team on others schedule.

Back
Top Bottom