Tuesday Press Conference | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday Press Conference

I’m going to paraphrase, Reporter: Did you and the front office over estimate the talent you have on this roster? Gase: No, I feel really good about the group we have out there. We are 1-2 plays away.

If he believes this forget being fired his mental soundness needs to be checked at a hospital. This group is -87 on the season, and quit on you on Monday Night Football. Just wow.

Maybe he is right though. I bet a lot of other coaches would be winning with this group of talent. Tod Bowles has the same record with 1/10 of the talent and 2/3 the payroll. He should have manned up, and said, “I feel good about the talent, but the coaching staff has been an utter failure.”
Where is Miami more talented than the Jets? WR...and that's it. Jets have a better D-line with more talent, more talent at LB, about even at Safety, Jets probably have more talent at CB, definitely a more talented O-line, QB is about the same, Jets have better RBs...so where exactly is it that the Jets are only 1/10 as talented?

That's disturbing and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how the NFL works.

A team with a passer rating differential of -24.4 is hardly "one or two plays away," and in fact it's one or two plays away, in the negative direction on a regular basis, from having an expected regular season record of 0-16.

Also, how did Gase go from complaining about the players two weeks ago, to "feeling really good" about them? What significant difference has there been in the interim? It certainly wasn't winning.

Where is the Bob Dole emote when a guy starts trying to literally overanalyze some throwaway coach-speak?

This new board software sucks.

I thought the same thing Wanny.

It's coach speak, he's saying that just to get through the damn press conference.

None of us knows what's being said in the locker room and film session, I bet he's reaming guys, Cutler included.

Miami isn't like the Vikings, Eagles, or Rams. They were a qb away from being good. Miami is lacking at every position and it shows weekly. This team needs 2-3 good drafts and solid FA pickups to be good and we are here analyzing coach speak from a press conference. Gase knows this team is lacking, he's just going to make them look better and feel good in the public eye.

One proven to be an average nfl qb, which is better than what we have right now, and the other hasn't proven one thing in the nfl yet.

Last year we were the product of a crappy schedule and some good luck, this year we are the crappy team on others schedule.
top 10 in passer rating last year isn't average. He was starting to play ball before he got hurt, he was dealing in a monsoon against the Cardinals.

He's gonna be back and the offense will be way better. Remember all those wide open guys Cutler flat out missed Monday night? Those would've been big plays with Ryan Tannehill.

It's coach speak, he's saying that just to get through the damn press conference.

None of us knows what's being said in the locker room and film session, I bet he's reaming guys, Cutler included.

Miami isn't like the Vikings, Eagles, or Rams. They were a qb away from being good. Miami is lacking at every position and it shows weekly. This team needs 2-3 good drafts and solid FA pickups to be good and we are here analyzing coach speak from a press conference. Gase knows this team is lacking, he's just going to make them look better and feel good in the public eye.

Sadly T-bag is making this the Jets of the South. I had hope for a minute but that's long past.

You should have to have threads approved to post, I am beyond sick of seeing 24 different crying threads about how Gase sucks a day. Can't we just consolidate that crap into 1 miserable thread.

Gase isn't going to say the year is lost with 7 games left even though in his heart he knows it is. We were shopping for a starting QB in August and here we are, why anyone is surprised that we aren't winning is amusing as heck.

I don't think the team is that far away from being a play-off contending team . . . maybe 4-5 positions. That said, coaches (all leaders) walk a fine line between CONSTANTLY berating employees/players in public and CONSTANTLY giving praise in public. I try not to place too much emphasis on one presser or one interview because of those competing extremes. That said, it has now been several weeks Gase has said there were a FEW things to figure out, a problem with players not knowing assignments, players just need to "do their job," and I see very little progress. That speaks FAR more to me than the pressers. Someone here will probably correct me, but I remember no calling out of Cutler and only once do I remember Gase admitting to calling a bad play. That's my SECOND problem. Yes, call out poor performers, but don't blindly protect those who are most guilty.

Sadly T-bag is making this the Jets of the South. I had hope for a minute but that's long past.

Sadly, I'm starting to feel the same way. I thought the Branch and Alonso extensions were good moves because they are both young and in positions of need. Looking at it now though, they look like awful decisions and I want T-bum fired (never wanted him hired in the first place). Good thing I'm not GM!

I don't think the team is that far away from being a play-off contending team . . . maybe 4-5 positions. That said, coaches (all leaders) walk a fine line between CONSTANTLY berating employees/players in public and CONSTANTLY giving praise in public. I try not to place too much emphasis on one presser or one interview because of those competing extremes. That said, it has now been several weeks Gase has said there were a FEW things to figure out, a problem with players not knowing assignments, players just need to "do their job," and I see very little progress. That speaks FAR more to me than the pressers. Someone here will probably correct me, but I remember no calling out of Cutler and only once do I remember Gase admitting to calling a bad play. That's my SECOND problem. Yes, call out poor performers, but don't blindly protect those who are most guilty.

That's a lot of positions, when a first-round draft pick's probability of becoming a long-term starter is but 50%, and it plummets from there as the rounds go on.

If you're talking about four to five players in free agency, the salary cap won't permit it.

Sadly, I'm starting to feel the same way. I thought the Branch and Alonso extensions were good moves because they are both young and in positions of need. Looking at it now though, they look like awful decisions and I want T-bum fired (never wanted him hired in the first place). Good thing I'm not GM!

Yup another mistake I will have to own up to. I guess it goes to show you just don't know until you have all the behind the scene information as well as the open information. Sure there will be fans who come in and say "see I told you so" but those are also the people who bury the **** they are wrong about.

I've seen it so much and that's not even a reference to here because I've talked to dudes who were pissed we never drafted Brady Quinn and thought that would be the death of Miami. Lol. Seems like in hindsight Miami was right in taking Ginn. Obviously in super-uber hindsight there were about ten other players Miami should have picked that day. lol.

That's a lot of positions, when a first-round draft pick's probability of becoming a long-term starter is but 50%, and it plummets from there as the rounds go on.

If you're talking about four to five players in free agency, the salary cap won't permit it.

Not quite. One of those 4-5 is Tannehill. Another one is McMillain(sp), potentially. One top third FA OG and three of the 5 are covered. So even not counting Tannehill/McMillian, all those upgrades don't need to be next year's rookies. I also think either Tannehill, Suh, or both will restructure to get cap space and there are some fat ($) targets who could be released. I'm also inclined Landry won't be resigned. I see none of that as unrealistic. For a more positive spin, shouldn't be hard to upgrade JT and/or Bushrod and it isn't hard to think one of Brendel, Asiata, Davis, or Smith can provide an upgrade. I try to limit my sermon, BUT top teams have 3-4 All-Pros, 5-10 top tird players, and a LOT of average players. What they DON'T have is bottom rung players. Step one get rid of the bottom rung guys.

Not to bring politics into this however this is why Donald Trump won the Presidency (like him or not). It's the fact that he speaks what's on his mind he doesn't speak in coach speak like Gase. As a sports fan wouldn't you like it if the coaches finally would tell it like it REALLY is? I know that I would.

top 10 in passer rating last year isn't average. He was starting to play ball before he got hurt, he was dealing in a monsoon against the Cardinals.

He's gonna be back and the offense will be way better. Remember all those wide open guys Cutler flat out missed Monday night? Those would've been big plays with Ryan Tannehill.
I am not debating Tannehill is better than Cutler. What I am saying is Tannehill and the team did that against teams that sucked last year and there is a lot more wrong with this team than the QB. I said it last year, that the season was fools gold. One thing is for sure, Ryan Tannehill is getting better and better each week around here while being on the sideline. He may be a hall of famer by seasons end.

It always seems like the guy who is not playing is the answer, right up until he actually plays.

I hope Tannehill comes back healthy and plays well. I also hope they bring in legitimate competition for him. I hope they actually fix the o-line, secondary, linebackers, pass rushers, tight end, and in a new development, RB and punter. It's more than just a qb, if you want to contend for a super bowl. If it's getting back to 8-8, than the qb only might be your answer.

People really get annoying with the HC being bad.

You all ***** about players on this team, yet whine about the coach. Which one is it?
Coach because he seems to not do what he can to mask the teams deficiencies. He just does the same thing over and over
He does not mix in his depth players at all either

Back
Top Bottom