Tuesdays Camp report part 3, final chapter. Defense! Defense! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesdays Camp report part 3, final chapter. Defense! Defense!

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets start with the Db's

Travis Daniel's did not practice but was out there playing catch.

Madison made a really nice last second pass defense on a nicely thrown ball from Ferrotte. He was running right with the Wr, and at the last second turned around and got his hand on it.

Mario Edward's was again wearing red. He looked like he was having a little less of a problem running around, but Josh Davis was making him work. Edward's being hurt all this time is killing his chances to show anything.

Howard was pretty good, and was one of the Db's on the all out blitzes. Ferrotte tried his side twice, but Howard was close enough to his man that Ferrotte had no choice but to throw it farther than he wanted, hoping the Wr could break away. Not tonight. I think it was Howard that was beaten for the TD by Gilmore.

Roundtree made a nice pass break up. He baffles me the most out of all Cb's. He makes a great play then gets burned for another. I do see the coaches working a lot with him on his technique so maybe they see a lot more potential than I do.

Parker made an outstanding pass defense. I dogged him in one camp report, but he is slowly making me come around. He could be a candidate for the PS.

Shulters is getting better and better. Yeah, he is working with the second and thirds, but it is obvious that he is knows how to play Safety. He back pedals smoothly. He can stop on a dime and come back for the ball with ease. He may not be the fastest, but his fluidness makes up for a little speed. As long as he's in good position. I was not looking for him, he made me look.

Tony Bua needs lots and lots of work. It's like night and day watching him and Shulters back pedal, then come back for the ball. He is also out of place way way way too much. His Special Teams play will probably save him this year, and hopefully he keeps trying, and learning this system because as of right now, he is a liability out there.

Lb's

This is going to be very interesting when the last cuts have to be made.

Seau was out there, and in warm ups, and skill drills he was just going thru the motions. Once the team drills started he was going at it. He made a couple of stops in the back field.

Zach was fine

Crowder was once again clogging the running lanes.

Spragen is going to be one of the better offseason moves IMO. He is always around the ball, and with his size, and coming here with a good reputation for being a sure tackler, this team will surely be improved against the run.

Glenn, now this is where it becomes even harder for the coaches. We all saw him have a good game last week, but what impressed me even more is how hard he works in practice. I don't have a clue as to why he was let go, but when the Lb's are off on their own he was excellent in the lateral, forward, backward drills running between the blocking pads laid out about 2-3 feet apart.. He's very quick, and drew praise from his coach everytime he finished his turn.

Pope also excels in the Lb drills. He, Jenkins, and Glenn were pushing one another big time. Pope is one that will make the cuts so hard

Jenkins is another. Being how most of the Lb's like Seau, Crowder, and Spragen are so big, then you have the lighter guys like Zach, Pope, and Jenkins. Well, Seau, Crowder, Spragen, and Zach are locks, so that leaves two or three spots, and four or five Lb's. Eddie Moore might just be NOT PLAYING himself out of a job. He once again did not participate on Tuesday. It's a shame because when he's played he's been good, but playing 5 games a year aint cutting it, and would be a huge risk to take a roster spot if he can't contribute. The backups here will be playing a lot of ST's so they're going to have to be healthy.

As of right now, I would have to say that after the top four locks, it lines up like this. Pope, Glenn, Jenkins, then Moore.

The D-Line
Taylor was going at it, and lined up all over the place. In the beginning of the drills he was mainly used in his natural position but later on he was on the left, then right, then Lb, then blitzing up the middle. His playbook must be a lot to swallow.

Carter had a nice practice. He gives Hadnot all he can handle. With both of them being so competitive it's going to help them both going up against each other every day.

Holiday was out there but I cant recall anything worth mentioning.

Josh Shaw is ahead of both Vickerson, and Wright. He is getting plenty of work.

Keith Traylor is a double wide. But we all know that.

Roth had a lot of his teammates yelling, and encouraging him on thruout practice. He is getting looks on the right and left. I have not been overly impressed with him this camp, but today was one of his better practices. He got a sack, and was getting more push than I've seen yet.

Larry Chester was actually running on Tuesday. Nothing at full speed but it was nice to see him do something more than play with a medicine ball, ride a bike, or stand there looking like a wall.

Well, I know the report is from yesterday, but It's better late than never.

Hope everyone enjoys the reading.

Ozzy said:
Well, I know the report is from yesterday, but It's better late than never.

It's well worth the wait. Great report once again Ozzy.

all right ozzy great report, just one thing wasn't roundtree released a few days ago?? did he get signed again and i missed it??

finsmx said:
all right ozzy great report, just one thing wasn't roundtree released a few days ago?? did he get signed again and i missed it??

He may have been but there is a number 42 out there again. He looks like him too.

Ozzy said:
He may have been but there is a number 42 out there again. He looks like him too.

I think #42 is our new corner Kris Richard.

good solid write-up... thanks for the time and effort...

i really like to part about Glenn... why WAS this guy cut?

Back
Top Bottom