Tulloch on phins radar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tulloch on phins radar

I'd rather stand pat and develop hull and burgess back there. Tulloch had an uphill climb to have the kind of career he had - good for him - but he's a little guy whose best days are behind him and now a bigger liability in coverage. Plus I think he'd be signed by now if his contract demands were realistic.

What's the point in signing guys like Hull and burgess if they aren't even going to get a shot at meaningful snaps?

The optimistic fan in me wants to believe that the coaching staff thinks this team can actually win some damn games this year and is willing to bring in veterans to help make it happen.

The battered housewife fan in me just assumes these guys are all nitwits and they're throwing darts at a board.

The optimistic fan in me wants to believe that the coaching staff thinks this team can actually win some damn games this year and is willing to bring in veterans to help make it happen.

The battered housewife fan in me just assumes these guys are all nitwits and they're throwing darts at a board.

I don't mind a veteran presence in the right situation, but I think this is one of those times when you go with the youngsters for depth. Guys like Hull, burgess, hewitt, and vigil showed enough at the college level - and haven't embarrassed themselves in ths nfl so far - to get extended looks. All 4 obviously won't make the necessary steps, but we'll never know until we see how they respond.

Tulloch doesn't do anything for us other than keeping more intriguing players buried on the depth chart, imo.

Get him in here! He has to be better than the fodder we have now...

We feel your pain, bro.

LD

I wish we as fans had a better understanding of exactly what it takes for a player to "make it" in the NFL. Miami has 4 MLB's (?) and looking to get a vet now why? Are the guys there just drooling on their shoes, eating boogers? When Kiko hugged that RB in the Giants game, was he thinking "I only gotta thud this dude, play over". He got REKT!!! Fell off that guy like a blouse slides off a whore. For once I wish the coaches would just sit down with a reporter and say that this guy doesn't know where to line up, this guy shoots the wrong gap every frickin' time and you keyboard know-it-all's would have no clue cause you are reading Perkins and Omar- waiting for someone to step-up. Damn, they can't get their cleats on the right foot, they keep putting their cups on upside-down or backwards.

Even if we have to slightly overpay, we really need to bring him in. I hate overreacting to one preseason game, but no doubt Kiko just didn't really look like a MLB. We need another MLB who can fill gaps and shed contact desperately.

You said it...now do it...lets see more evidence than one play before we panic. I've seen Ray Lewis, Kuechly and the best of them have weak first preseason short stints...you can't call it a bad game when you barely play a series.

Barry Jackson reported Lb Stephen Tulloch is high on our radar. Wonder what that says about kiko. Would be good addition if for right price imo
Just curious. Read recently Hull and Vigil are getting a lot of ST snaps. I doubt Tullock would even be on ST. I can't see it as reasonable to have a backup LB who is NOT on ST unless Hull et al are THAT bad as MLB. Sounds like 'backup MLB and no ST player' or 'very good ST player but not quite a good backup.' I'm unsure how I'd go with that.

I don't think Vigil has came off the PUP list. Maybe they don't know when he will and could be a combination of Kiko and Vigils health..

How many Lions players would that make?

He's a South Florida talent, come on back home.

Depending on the contract, which should light, Miami could sign Tulloch and still decide to cut him before the season. He could be an insurance policy for Hull. I'd prefer to see Hull take the job, but I don't see this hurting unless the staff downgrades Hull even if he's playing well, and I hope the staff is too smart for that.

Even if we have to slightly overpay, we really need to bring him in. I hate overreacting to one preseason game, but no doubt Kiko just didn't really look like a MLB. We need another MLB who can fill gaps and shed contact desperately.

You just overreacted to one preseason game.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

This isn't about Kiko. It's about depth, as it should be. Need some guys that have done it before in the mix.

I am all for improving the roster!!

The battered housewife fan in me just assumes these guys are all nitwits and they're throwing **** at the wall and praying it sticks

I fixed that for you.

Back
Top Bottom