Turk Wants Big Bucks....its Time... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turk Wants Big Bucks....its Time...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think its time for the Dolphins to start trying out some new punters. MATT TURK is asking for almost 1 million dollars a year...and right now.....neither the DOLPHINS nor the JETS want to pay TURK that kind of money. With that said....I find it almost unbelievable that SEAN LENDETA...is A. still punting...and B. He just recieved a $750,000 contract from the EAGLES. The bottom line here is that there are still other punters out there.....2 names that the Dolphins are considering if TURK signs elsewhere are 1. MITCH BERGER and 2. KYLE RICHARDSON....FA from the RAVENS. I do believe that RICHARDSON was once given a tryout by the Dolphins before being cut....but he is better now...than he was then...so to speak.
Its just time to put some pressure on TURK for a change. The Dolphins have seen him complain about his contract for the last 2 seasons. They know he is a valuable punter....but he talks himself up as if he were as valuable to us...as what RAY GUY was to the RAIDERS.
You certainly do not want to go into the draft...without signing a PUNTER. You don't want to waste what few picks we have left.....on a punter either. Like I said....the SEAN LENDETA contract did not help matters....but in no way shape or form...should the Dolphins allow themselves to give TURK what he is asking for at this time.
That is why I say it is now time for the Dolphins to explore what is still left out there.... its time for TURK to sign on or sign off. Lets bring in both BERGER and RICHARDSON for a tryout...before they sign on somewhere else....while TURK continues to hold out for more money.
DCH

DCH..............

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
I think its time for the Dolphins to start trying out some new punters. MATT TURK is asking for almost 1 million dollars a year...and right now.....neither the DOLPHINS nor the JETS want to pay TURK that kind of money. With that said....I find it almost unbelievable that SEAN LENDETA...is A. still punting...and B. He just recieved a $750,000 contract from the EAGLES. The bottom line here is that there are still other punters out there.....2 names that the Dolphins are considering if TURK signs elsewhere are 1. MITCH BERGER and 2. KYLE RICHARDSON....FA from the RAVENS. I do believe that RICHARDSON was once given a tryout by the Dolphins before being cut....but he is better now...than he was then...so to speak.
Its just time to put some pressure on TURK for a change. The Dolphins have seen him complain about his contract for the last 2 seasons. They know he is a valuable punter....but he talks himself up as if he were as valuable to us...as what RAY GUY was to the RAIDERS.
You certainly do not want to go into the draft...without signing a PUNTER. You don't want to waste what few picks we have left.....on a punter either. Like I said....the SEAN LENDETA contract did not help matters....but in no way shape or form...should the Dolphins allow themselves to give TURK what he is asking for at this time.
That is why I say it is now time for the Dolphins to explore what is still left out there.... its time for TURK to sign on or sign off. Lets bring in both BERGER and RICHARDSON for a tryout...before they sign on somewhere else....while TURK continues to hold out for more money.
DCH

I agree with everything wholeheartedly.;)

I agree, as well.

I hope we get back the Turk, but at a reasonable price.

I agree DCH.
I do not think that Turk has been consistent for us.
He's ok.
I'm not really knocking him, but, if he thinks he can get more $$$, then let him.
Too bad he may sign with the jests.
Reunite with Westhoff.

Back
Top Bottom