Two Dolphins concerns linger; plus Dolphins notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Dolphins concerns linger; plus Dolphins notes

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Some Dolphins nuggets on a Thursday, with training camp starting three weeks from today:

• Though there’s a lot to be encouraged about (DeVante Parker’s improvement, the young corners, Ryan Tannehill’s return from his knee injury, etc.), two serious concerns remain: 1) defensive tackle beyond Ndamukong Suh; 2) the offensive line if Mike Pouncey has another setback or if a starting tackle is injured.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article159866014.html

I would add nickel to the list, not really a fan of the front office taking 'calculated risks' at these positions. It always seems to come back and bite...

With Sam Young on the bench, I'm less concerned about the backup tackle than i am about starting guards

Does any NFL team have quality depth everywhere? There are still players out there who can help. Training Camp picks up in a few weeks and more depth will be available then.

Does any NFL team have quality depth everywhere? There are still players out there who can help. Training Camp picks up in a few weeks and more depth will be available then.

Hopefully we can get a rotational DT near or at cutdowns - even if we had to trade like a 7th rd pick at the cut down deadline.

They may want to see if the young guys progress or not in camp.

I've been saying DT was a problem since before the draft...which was not addressed. The stat about only 2 of 21 DTs the Dolphins have drafted in the 5th and 6th round have become eventual starters...and not with the Dolphins...should bring some people around here back to reality. Well, it probably won't cause they view everything through their super fan glasses and think Godchaux and Taylor are going to be studs in year one.

I'd sure like to get this afc executives definition/explanation of upside with raekwon McMillan

McMillan is one of the guys I'm most excited about. Good instincts, thumper. As it's been said by many scouts with the injury concerns at the top. McMillan was the best Mike prospect with a clean injury history

I'd sure like to get this afc executives definition/explanation of upside with raekwon McMillan

Not his but check this assessment/breakdown of the LB position.

https://www.ndtscouting.com/notes/turner-raekwon-mcmillan-was-a-safe-pick/

Lastly, in the long run he has the leadership skills and talent to supplant Timmons as the Mike linebacker down the road.

Miami hit a home run with their selection of McMillan. It is a safe pick and one that has a chance to play major dividends in the short and long term.

One thing I can say about dolphins. They played hard every yr. I think we will be find this yr.. less injury is key.. tough schedule...we may not reach playoff but I think yr 3.. we should be ready. To take over afc east...key to this yr making playoff will be qb,dt,og

Not his but check this assessment/breakdown of the LB position.

https://www.ndtscouting.com/notes/turner-raekwon-mcmillan-was-a-safe-pick/

appreciate the info...I think I was more looking for his explanation of what the true upside is here considering that most the time hell almost all the time "upside" is used to describe athletic upside over things like polish and technique etc...I have no concerns about mcmillans football iq or that he will technically get better especially with the hand use to stack/shed and get off blocks etc it's more for me how much can he overcome what I would call on tape athletic limitations pretty much backed up by a low sparq score and showing in the cod test percentages for his position with smarts and football iq and know how...

how much can smarts offset the lack of range to the perimeter of the field which pops off the tape for me...how many times is that ball gonna turn the corner with him at mike if he plays every down down the road...how much is that short area cod gonna be exposed...

just cause a guys 20 years old doesn't mean he can't look maxed out athletically or lack athletic upside...my position has been all along since his straight line speed showing at the combine 4.61 athletically this kids maxed out...the games not played in a straight line...we'll see if it shows on nfl level athlete competition tape...there isn't much 4.6 to the perimeter of the field consistency on that college tape...in terms of play speed

Back
Top Bottom