Two Situations that could lead to the Phins having two 1st rounders this year! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Situations that could lead to the Phins having two 1st rounders this year!

Elle Clouds

Active Roster
Reaction score
If the Chargers get stuck with this "stickum" "Gorilla" scandal and loses their first round pick and the Colts end up being the worst team in the NFL. I don't know if any other posters thought of this, but would be an ideal situation for us to get two potential first rounders this year. J/s

Seems a little far-fetched with Indy at 3-3. Jacksonville, Kansas City and Cleveland look like the three most likely to get that top pick.

Colts won't end up with the 1st overall pick. However, we will have a pretty high 2nd round pick from them.

That being said, we could conceivably package some picks to jump back into the 1st round if we want.

yeah, but it's still early in the season. One could hope Indy tanks like they did last season.

yeah, but it's still early in the season. One could hope Indy tanks like they did last season.
If you're going to dream why not go all out and just say that Kansas City decides to forfeit their 1st round pick to us and we get the #1 overall pick...It's just as plausible as your story.

Much more feasible to see us trading around and managing to end of with multiple 2014 first round selections. We have a lot of ammo this year.

I think we all should just be happy with five picks in the first three rounds (96 overall picks). No need to trade them, or try to package them to move up....we can get FIVE quality guys who should be able to start right away, or give us solid depth. Hopefully Ireland will learn from some past mistakes and get us some wide receivers and others to help us out.

I think we all should just be happy with five picks in the first three rounds (96 overall picks). No need to trade them, or try to package them to move up....we can get FIVE quality guys who should be able to start right away, or give us solid depth. Hopefully Ireland will learn from some past mistakes and get us some wide receivers and others to help us out.
I wouldn't rule out trading up though especially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. With the way Indy is playing and we're playing we won't be picking in the top half of the draft. As of right now we're picking 20th and Indy is picking 17th and Chicago is leading their division so they'll be picking somewhere between 21-32.

Colts won't end up with the 1st overall pick. However, we will have a pretty high 2nd round pick from them.

That being said, we could conceivably package some picks to jump back into the 1st round if we want.
depending on the colts record, we could have a boatload of ammo to move up. Or pull a pats, move down, and get more picks next year.

I agree, I am happy with having five picks in the first three rounds. But if the opportunity did arise for us to trade up in the first round to secure a 'elite' player in the draft - I'm not sure who this would be - then as long as the deal meets the teams needs, then it could be a way Ireland and co decide to go. That being said, even from our current position we could still end up drafting a decent 1st round pick that will contribute to this team, and that is without making a sacrifice in another round.

1. You don't lose a 1st round pick for using Stick'em illegally. Would be surprised if the lost pick is a significant one. Maybe late rounds.
2. The Colts aren't going to have the worst record in football, IMO
3. We'd only be moving up one spot because of the hypothetical lost pick from the Chargers, so not a big deal anyway
4. Technically it will still be a 2nd round pick, just like Phil Merling was still a 2nd rounder despite our picking him at #32 overall.

Slightly on topic I suppose: don't forget that CLE used their 2nd rounder in the supplemental draft on Morgan, which moves our picks up a slot. Only significant if Indy falls depart I guess and we have a pick in the 30s.

Back
Top Bottom