Tyler Eifert at #12 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert at #12

If I'm drafting a TE that high I'm looking for Vernon Davis level, eifert is not that.

Actually, I expect a ton of trades in this draft. As last year showed, without the salary cap issues to chain teams to their picks, we saw a lot of movement as teams went to go get thier guys. This year with the pool of talent so similar, I expect lots of GM's to move to get their guy before someone else snatches him up, and a lot of teams who don't really care where within that range their picking. That will make for a lot of trades, especially as we get positional runs like LT, DE/OLB, WR, and QB.

While we don't currently have any picks in the late 1st or early 2nd (the #20-#40 picks), I see a ton of players who fit what we want to do perfectly being in that range and will not be at all surprised if we trade into that range. In fact, it will make me happy if we end up with a Tyler Eifert, Justin Hunter or one of the other gems that will likely go in that range.

I do not think we will see a ton of trades because the lack of elite talent. The draft seems to have depth, however. So teams are going to keep their picks and stand pat.

Tyler Eifert is bigger faster stronger than Ertz and would go over the top jump high and grab the ball will create mismatches like Gronkowski.if Milliner is not there at 12 take eifert.It would be a good safe pick that we need and u wouldn't want a full miss like Ronnie brown or Ted ginn.
Cordarelle Patterson or Dee Milliner would be my dream picks at 12. Eifert would be my 3rd choice.

If people would draft Patterson at 12, why wouldnt they take Eifert? Makes no sense to me. One is raw, the other would start day one.

But for me, it goes like this.

Lane Johnson gone, Ansah gone,

take your pick between Eifert or Rhodes/Trufant ect. whoever Ireland covets.

WR in first round is crapshoot. Allen is no better than Robert Woods IMO and the dude didnt even run the 40 yet and is hurt. I dont see the seperation of the WR's that the experts see and I have never heard any reason why. So I go with my instincts. Eifert starts day one. Multiple faceted and he played H-back, slit, line ine, everywhere. He is ready. Dont care what anyone says. For most people its about popularity contest and not thinking about fit and starting day one.

Also, not sure we need alot of WR's if we get Wallace or Jennings and WR is so deep with similar talent. Robert Woods would fit IMO than most.

First of all,great mock finfan54,covers all our needs and realistic round wise! Eifert at 12 is no brainer. Everybody bitched with the Pouncy pick at 17 now noone complains cuz he is a potential pro-bowler.Eifert gives R.T. His safety net,seam threat and makes Miami stronger by enabling to put Fasano at hback where he had career year with D.Martin and Chad Pen. Would you trade no.12for J.Grahm, or Gronk?Eifert and Ertz are not close in talent.EIfert has a year more experience is better blocker,wider catching rangeand faster than ertz

I understand the pros and cons of Tyler Eifert but drafting him at #12 IMO would be the safest pick for us, i know that he may not be the fastest like a vernon davis but when was last time we have seen vernon davis speed at the tight end position, he was just a freak of nature , Tannehill needs targets redzone threats we need to start scoring TDs and Tyler Eifert is a playmaker. Now if millner or someone falls that far it would be a no brainer to draft them. But let be honest we need a playmaking TE , we have picks to fill needs in the second round but there wont be any Good TE IMO in the second that you know will be starting for years to come.

My order of preference: Milliner, Dion Jordan, maybe Mingo or Ansah and then Eifert. Vernon Davis was a top 10 pick, if I recall and that was based on freakish speed. However, I will argue that Eifert is a more complete player than Davis coming out of college. More disciplined, better instincts, better route runner and a better understanding of the passing game. Davis was an immature and undisciplined player coming out of college.

If people would draft Patterson at 12, why wouldnt they take Eifert? Makes no sense to me. One is raw, the other would start day one.

WR in first round is crapshoot. Allen is no better than Robert Woods IMO and the dude didnt even run the 40 yet and is hurt. I dont see the seperation of the WR's that the experts see and I have never heard any reason why. So I go with my instincts. Eifert starts day one. Multiple faceted and he played H-back, slit, line ine, everywhere. He is ready. Dont care what anyone says. For most people its about popularity contest and not thinking about fit and starting day one.

Also, not sure we need alot of WR's if we get Wallace or Jennings and WR is so deep with similar talent. Robert Woods would fit IMO than most.

I with you on Woods, I don't understand why he isn't getting more attention. I understand the Combine critics that place too much weight on workout numbers, but all he did was make plays from what I saw at USC.
I think Swope's stock has risen to where he will not be there at 3B.

I with you on Woods, I don't understand why he isn't getting more attention. I understand the Combine critics that place too much weight on workout numbers, but all he did was make plays from what I saw at USC.
Swope may not be there at 2b

I don't comment much, but this is the guy I want. A TE can be more of weapon than a wide out (see NE) and this guy is a stud Will be gone in the teens. He's a beast we haven't had in ages.. Especially if we can land Wallace if FA. That would make it Wallace, Eifert, Hartline, not too shappy. DB and DE in the 2nd , OT and swop in the third.

In a deep class like this, deficiencies are more glaring. Woods doesn't separate as well as you'd like for a guy that size. He's a good player, but Slimm has him ranked about where I think he should be. Ahead of some quality guys like King and some guys with characters concerns like Wilson and Rogers - but behind guys that are more dynamic - that don't necessarily get the credit they deserve - like Swope, Boyce, Stills. And I think he's clearly not in the discussion with players like Wheaton, Bailey, Hunter, Hopkins, Allen, and Patterson. A lot of these guys made plays in college. Most of them made a lot more plays than did Woods. Would welcome him at the right draft spot, though. He's better than Hartline. That's for damn sure.

There's a significant difference between never hearing a reason (or multiple reasons) and never listening. I wouldn't have a problem with Eifert at 12. He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd take him before I took any WR other than Patterson at 12. He'd be in my 2nd group of guys - Cooper, Eifert, (one of the 2nd or 3rd LT's - not counting Lane Johnson, because I can't see him falling).

But I think you're right to highlight Rhodes. He's one of the guys in my first group.

I've seen a lot of mock drafts that have Eifert being taken at 19 or 20 so I don't think 12 is too high. He seems like a safe pick at a position where we need a playmaker, for years people have been saying how we need a great TE so taking Eifert should finally solve that issue.

I've seen a lot of mock drafts that have Eifert being taken at 19 or 20 so I don't think 12 is too high. He seems like a safe pick at a position where we need a playmaker, for years people have been saying how we need a great TE so taking Eifert should finally solve that issue.
There's a lot going for Eifert and Miami would be a perfect spot for him. Philibin had to be disappointed in the TE's in Miami. With Green Bay this was a huge part of the offense and the success of the Packers. I'd have to think Eifert is pretty high on the Dolphins list. He's not quite as fast as you might like for #12, but he catches everything and is the redzone threat that currently is not on the roster.

Well, I dont know if Swope will be there at 3b. and I had him in my draft at 2b. before, but I dont know what other teams think of him. I am sure they went and checked out the tape over and over before and after but do they see him as possession type?

That stuff doesnt matter to Philbin I dont think. He just wants 4 or 5 guys who can play the system and be movable parts. With WR so deep with talent, who knows? I just tend to think things settle down no matter what anyone did at the combine. They look for the intangibles and confirm what they may already know. If we take Swope anywhere, I dont care, I just want swope more than any other receiver.

Back
Top Bottom