Tyler Eifert missing from the NFL Draft room? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert missing from the NFL Draft room?

Wildbill3

Onion Fetish
Club Member
Reaction score
Leading the way with a draft-high four players is Florida State (E.J. Manuel, Bjoern Werner, Menelik Watson, Xavier Rhodes) and BCS National Champion Alabama (Eddie Lacy, Chance Warmack, D.J. Fluker, Dee Milliner)
The players officially confirmed to attend this month’s draft include: Ezekiel “Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU; Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia; Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina; Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan; Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida; D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama; Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M; Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma; Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon; Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama; E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida St.; Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama; Barkevoius Mingo, CB, LSU; Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee; Eric Reid, S, LSU; Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St.; Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri; Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia; Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington; Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas; Chance Warmack, G, Alabama; Menelik Watson, T, Florida St.; Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.

Not surprising. If Te'o or Eifert were present all we would hear about is the Te'o girlfriend scandal. It would continue to marr a good player's career. It would also unfairly taint people's impression of a stellar Eifert who has done everything on and off the field that could possibly have been expected of him.

If there are 2 Philbin type guys in this draft, they are Tyler Eifert and Ryan Swope ... and I believe both Tannehill and I would be extremely happy if Miami landed them.

anyone know how many players that attend don't go in the first round? I recall Courtney Upshaw last year

Not surprising. If Te'o or Eifert were present all we would hear about is the Te'o girlfriend scandal. It would continue to marr a good player's career. It would also unfairly taint people's impression of a stellar Eifert who has done everything on and off the field that could possibly have been expected of him.

If there are 2 Philbin type guys in this draft, they are Tyler Eifert and Ryan Swope ... and I believe both Tannehill and I would be extremely happy if Miami landed them.

I'd be fine with just Swope.. But if we don't end up with Swope we better take Tavon #12

Not enough room for him with all dem cornfed.

I am going to get bashed for saying this but us Dolphins fans are the only fans who think Eifert is a sure fire high 1st rd pick. He's not going to the draft because there is a good chance he won't get picked in the 1st round. In fact, out of the 42 mock drafts I looked at none had him going higher than 20 and only 4 had him going higher than 23. He'd be a HUGE reach at 12. HUGE.

I remember Joe Thomas was on a boat fishing with his father on draft day and went #3 overall. Hell, Tim Tebow was drafted in the 1st round and didn't attend the draft.

There's a long list of draft day surprises that happen every year. All it ever takes is for one team to like you.

The longer Eifert lasts, the later a team is going to select one of the players in it. Anything beyond the 12-16 range for Eifert is stealing in my opinion.

just cause he's not going doesn't mean he's gonna be a guy that sits forever waiting to hear his name called...no way he gets out of round 1...he's a top 20 bpa but it will come down to who needs a te so he could last a little longer than he should...but not into day 2...

I think what i'm gettin at is that the Dolphins want to really reveal our Jersey at the podium, and that pretty much means (unless they sneak him a jersey for the camera) that our guy at 12 is going to be on that list.

I think what i'm gettin at is that the Dolphins want to really reveal our Jersey at the podium, and that pretty much means (unless they sneak him a jersey for the camera) that our guy at 12 is going to be on that list.

They have a launch on the same day. The jersey will be shown when we make the pick, Steve Ross wont hurt the teams future to show off a new jersey

I remember back when the top 5 or so players actually went....now they try to get the 1st and 2nd round picks there.

The NFL used to only invite something like 8 to 10 players who were viewed to be high picks. Now they basically invite a ton. Ever since the Aaron Rodgers fiasco in 2005 and subsequent Brady Quinn fiasco in 2007, they've started to try and move away from this idea that they only have the very best players attending the draft itself. They've got 23 players and a number of others (e.g. Star Lotulelei, Tyler Eifert and Matt Barkley) turned them down. They have guys in there that are definitely not going Day 1 (first round). They've broadened out the list of invitees because to them, the more the merrier. They get all the guys into their new team gear, they conduct interviews with them at Radio City, they take them around back and have them greet fans and sign autographs, it's a whole big schindig.

my crystal ball says last guy on the invite list to hear his name called is ej manuel...unless someone really reaches...

along with menelik watson and eric reid...welcome to day 2 fellas

I think E.J. Manuel is not that surprising as an inclusion. He's a guy that is example 1A of a player that a team picking in the high 2nd round might trade up for into the bottom of the 1st round just so that they can a 5th year on his contract. I know the Baltimore Ravens loved him but they did manage to get things done with Joe Flacco so that's probably off the board now. I think the Jacksonville Jaguars will trade up from their pick in the 2nd round into the very bottom of the 1st round so that they can get that 5th year on his contract.

fair point about the 5th year on the contract with a qb...manuel should be there into day 2 but i guess we'll see...i think he's definitely one of the possibilities but teams always reach for qbs...

probably more menelik watson and eric reid...

Back
Top Bottom