Tyler Eifert slipping!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert slipping!?

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
At one point I thought it would be hard for him to slip past 15. Of the 8 mock drafts on NFL.com only 4 have him going in the 1st round at all...and none have him higher than #25 - GB's pick.

So the question is...if we wanted him, would we take him at 12, or work a trade back to the late teens or early 20s?

What do you guys think about him? Id be happy to pass on a Milliner, Rhodes, and Trufant...in order to get Eifert and a Jamar Taylor, etc.

I think he's the best offensive weapon in the draft. That includes Tavon

If he is one of our targets and no one at 12 fits our board BPA then we should move down 5-6 spots and take him. This offense needs a TE.

Doesn't surprise me. A lot of the league and media cling on to the ole timey days when you didn't draft TEs early (because they weren't the weapons they are today) and you spent heavy on the line. Somehow they remained unswayed by the likes of Gonzalez, Gronk, Hernandez, Gates, Witten, Graham, etc. Makes no sense to me. A strange stubborness.

Slipping? He's always been considered a late first to mid second round talent. He's solid but nothing special much like Dennis Pitta and Dustin Keller. As a matter of fact, his measurables are almost identical to those two.

I am thinking trading down makes more sense than moving up....the top three LT's will all likely be gone, so I am cool taking Eifert or T. Austin around 18, or BPA who fits our needs.

Eiferts measureables are not identical to Pita and Kelller as they are not 6-6 with the wingspan and catching radius Eifert has thus making him a red zone target which is exactly what we need

He's not slipping lol. He's a decent tight end...that's it. Nothing more.

But Miami needs a tight end so the fans around have slurped him and hyped him up. This is what Eifert always was. He's a #22-#27 pick. Always has been.

I could see Miami taking him at 12. I have been clear that I think Ertz is better. However, my opinion and my prediction are two different things.

We have Keller, Charles clay & egnew. Granted egnew has been awful so far, but webknewcwhen we drafted him he would be a development TE. This year the strength is along both lines. With cog n jerry FA next year and bit fitting ZBS, I want J.Cooper!

Tyler Eifert would be an absolute huge addition for the Dolphins. He attacks the ball in the air, has great balance, great hands.

No doubt, Eifert is worth the #12 pick for Miami.

Always draft blue chip stock in the 1st.

Not disagreeing with you but how is Ertz better?

I think Ertz is a Jason Witten-like TE. Solid in-line blocker and will be a reliable target for his QB.

Plus, I think Eifert is a tad soft.

Back
Top Bottom