Tyler Eifert slipping!? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert slipping!?

I think Ertz is a Jason Witten-like TE. Solid in-line blocker and will be a reliable target for his QB.

Plus, I think Eifert is a tad soft.

Eifert's blocking>Ertz's blocking

You call Eifert soft but compared Ertz to Witten? Compared to Witten Ertz is soft.

I love the "arm measurement" garbage. Pass on a excellent player because his arms are shorter than his contemporaries by an inch.

Secondly, I am not the first to mention the Witten comparison.

Eifert is a subpar blocker to Ertz.

I would rather snag another position at 12 (or trade up) and get a TE in rounds 2-4. Ertz, Escobar, Kelce and McDonald are not that far behind Eifert.

Make no mistake though, I could see the Fins drafting Eifert on the first night of the draft. I just do not think it is of much value.

I thinks it's funny that all the people that either don't like Eifert or think Ertz will be a better pro than Eifert cannot provide tangible evidence for their statements, everything is based upon opinion rather than fact or logic.

Ertz isn't blocking **** with his t-rex arms.

The Witten comparison is strange at best.

daniel jeremiah threw that out there...and my immediate thought was ertz is not the level in line blocker witten is...weird comparison...about as wierd as jeremiah still plugging ansah to 34 teams as an olb fit...actually the ansah olb ones probably worse...

The length of his arms are fine. Might as well put Fluker (who I like) #1 overall because he has the longest arms for an OT.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

More to the game than something so small in comparison to his competition.

ertz blocks more like an h back than a dependable in line te...i sure wouldn't ask him to keep guys at bay very much in line...the pass receiving comparisons with witten may hold water i guess but the blocking ones hell no

eiferts not all world either as a blocker but he won't embarrass you and you won't have to wait while he learns to not play like a skirt like michael egnew i can tell ya that much...

ertz is gonna play day one for someone also provided they don't ask him to handle himself in line...

But we need a TE who can block this year. Our OT positions are unsettled and our RB crew is young. Eifert and Ertz are good polished receivers so they are graded high, but neither has the blocking skills of some of the lower guys. Dion Sims, Nick Kasa, and Micheal Williams can all block now, they are bigger, and each has shown the ability to catch the football which they can develop this year alongside Dustin Keller. So for a 4th rounder we would get the guy we need this year and plus they have upside for the future; meanwhile we save pick #12 for something more useful. Finally, it gives the team a full season to sort out the TE position with the new blocker, Keller, Clay, Egnew and whomever else, going forward.

RW

Ertz has dino arms? Only an inch and a half shorter than Eifert or Escobar. I have been told an inch and a half matters in some places but not that much for catching. That equates to what, one or two drops in a career? I like Eifert dropping, thatll give us more options for drafting a TE at 2a. Ertz, Eifert, Escobar, etc are all a crap shoot. They are all really solid TEs but 10 years from now any one of them could have had a better career than the other. That's why I like Ertz at 2a if he is there. Eifert will prob be gone, we could use a good TE to complement Keller, and that's not overreaching.

daniel jeremiah threw that out there...and my immediate thought was ertz is not the level in line blocker witten is...weird comparison...about as wierd as jeremiah still plugging ansah to 34 teams as an olb fit...actually the ansah olb ones probably worse...

Jeremiah is not the only one.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664282

Ertz is a fine blocker and the Witten comparison is accurate IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to draft Eifert in the 2nd round, but the chances of the happening are slim. I think sometimes people confuse the issues of talent vs value. Most would agree that Eifert is the better athlete and prospect. The debate is whether Eifert at 12 + a CB/OT at 42 is better than a CB/OT at 12 + Ertz at 42.

Way too many variables to answer that. We can begin to debate after the 2nd round is complete, however who knows until 2-3 years after that.

the end of story deal for me with eifert is that he himself wants to get better and be the best. he aint bs.

that's where greatness exists. he knows he can be a better blocker and he has worked hard on it in the past.

as far as dropping, it will be because other OL/DL/CB/WR is in big need for many and safety is deep. TE becomes secondary for many. like us, after we trade up for our LT.

he can slip all he wants in the eyes of journos on nfl.com and other crappy draft sites. I would still pick him at twelve and have a giant smirk on my face the entire way home from new york.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ukdolfan, I agree. Minimum 6 TDs his rookie year, majority in the redzone.

I love the "arm measurement" garbage. Pass on a excellent player because his arms are shorter than his contemporaries by an inch.

Secondly, I am not the first to mention the Witten comparison.

Eifert is a subpar blocker to Ertz.

I would rather snag another position at 12 (or trade up) and get a TE in rounds 2-4. Ertz, Escobar, Kelce and McDonald are not that far behind Eifert.

Make no mistake though, I could see the Fins drafting Eifert on the first night of the draft. I just do not think it is of much value.
Both are subpar blockers, Eifert just does it better imo. Not saying I would choose Eifert in the 1st, although I would, because like you said there other TEs. Esobar's blocking is atrocious and will not seperate from LBs, McDonald has questionable hands, and we already covered Ertz. I'd say Kelce is right behind Eifert and wouldn't mind using 2b or 3a on him.

Back
Top Bottom