Tyler Eifert will be the pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert will be the pick

dolfin530

Student of the Game
Reaction score
I probably should've put this in the daft forum but if it needs moved I apologize.

Here is why I believe we will select TE-Tyler Eifert. First I will look at players worth drafting at #12 and top players in general. I left out QB, RB, and LB. LB because we just spent big money on Wheeler and Ellerbe.

O-line: Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson, Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper.
WR: Corderrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen
TE: Tyler Eifert
DB: Dee Milliner, Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant.
D-line: Ziggy Ansah, Dion Jordan, Sharrif Floyd, Star Lotulelei, Barkevious Mingo, Bjoern Werner, Demontre Moore.

Next I will remove guys based on availability and scheme fit.

O-line: Jonathan Cooper.

WR: Corderrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen
DB: Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant.
D-line: Star Lotulelei, Bjoern Werner, Demontre Moore.

I removed all 3 tackles, because they will be gone, trading up doesn't seem right(gut feeling) especially considering the depth. Warmack will be a good guard it’s just he didn’t really pull or anything we need guys to do. Ziggy and Jordan will go early and Mingo doesn’t fit. Jordan and Mingo are best suited for a 3-4 but Jordan has the frame to add weight for DE but I don’t think Mingo does. Milliner will be gone early too.

Now I will remove guys that we don’t need or aren’t really worth #12

WR: Tavon Austin
DB: Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes.
D-line: Bjoern Werner.

I removed Cooper because we really don’t need it. Lotulelei based on need and health. Moore, Trufant, Allen based on value. Patterson is not a need or worth the risk.

Now for those left. Vaccaro is a good S but with Jones and clemons it doesn’t make sense. Especially since the tape doesn’t say difference maker, solid, but we need a difference maker. Rhodes again solid but the tape isn’t difference maker material and there are questions about his zone defense. Werner I like but I believe in Vernon and there will be pass rushers available later. Werner is better than what we but not by much. However Ansah would be way better than what we have but gone early.

That leaves Austin and Eifert. Austin is fast, versatile, and a playmaker. However his size is a question mark and may be limited to the slot. You can say he can return punts and kicks but Thigpen returned both a punt and a kick to the house. He can run reverses and screens but so can Wallace. My point is we have guys that can do those extra tasks. Also considering we can get a guy like Swope or some other speedy guy for the slot in later rounds.

Eifert is big at 6-6 251 and that is an element we lack “Size”. He needs to work on blocking but he is still solid at it. Combine numbers aren’t everything but they match his tape. He was a top performer in all the measurables of the TE group. Eifert is a red zone and seem threat. Can go up and get the ball. I’m sold on Eifert.

4[SUP]th[/SUP] in the 40 at 4.68
Tied for 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the bench press at 22
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the vertical at 35.5
Tied for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the broad jump at 119.0 – 9feet- 11 inches (I think)
1[SUP]st[/SUP] in the 3 cone drill at 6.92
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the 20 yard shuttle at 4.32
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the 60 yard shuttle at 11.52

Good watch http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000160830/2013-Draft-profile-Tight-End-Tyler-Eifert-Notre-Dame

I was watching NFL Network last night and they were discussing the Jets draft strategy. They threw out the possibility the Jets may take Eifert at 9. Hope not but the Jets don't have any TE's worth squat now that Keller left them.

Its a possibility with the Jets Taking Eifert. We all see what Gronk does for the Patriots when he's in the game and not on the field......But...

...they are the jets and they are under contract with the NFL to screw up the 1st round pick every year to the end of time.:)

I'd love Eifert at 12. And I would be bummed if the Jets took him, which seems like a definite possibility.

I like Eifert too, we really need a redzone threat. Someone you go to on 3rd an goal from the five yard line.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I would be upset too if Jets take him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw61TLNYN2w watch the highlights of this beast

seriously this is what you want in a tight end... 6'6 long arms goes up and gets the football... If there was one "Philbin" player in this draft it is Eifert...... Imagine pairing him up with Swope http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCosoGT0beM

I honestly think they are looking to go Eifert+ Swope in the draft... if by some crazy reason that doesn't happen... they will go Austin+ Ertz

He could be the pick. Ireland has a history of drafting players he doesn't talk about. The fact that he tried to minimize the TE position in his press conference is also suspicious. It leads me to think he will definitely be drafting a TE.

Trade for Albert>>>>>>LT (Lane Johnson) falls to us and we trade back with someone lusting after Lane Johnson>>>>>>we pick Eifert in back half of first round. DONE

I am so down with this.

He could be the pick. Ireland has a history of drafting players he doesn't talk about. The fact that he tried to minimize the TE position in his press conference is also suspicious. It leads me to think he will definitely be drafting a TE.

I share these same sentiments. He said something along the lines that he doesn't view tight end as a "core posistion".

You can't fool me Ireland!

Eifert will be a target of many teams on draft day. At the start everyone was predicting him as a low first rounder. I could see him going in the top ten real easy. I think we need to at least get ahead of the jets to get him. It would shock me to see the cards go after him if they don't go o-line.

He could be the next Jimmy Graham Sign me up even its a little bit of a reach. If i recall we wanted jimmy years ago and just missed out. Philbin knows the pieces we need. He'll get em!!

Back
Top Bottom