Tyler Eifert | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
I might catch some slack for this but I believe he is a better pro prospect than Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski coming out of college... (remember they have brees and brady throwing them the ball two HOF) if there is one thing I hope we do is draft Eifert in the first. Say good bye to Carpenter kicks and hello to Red Zone TDs

watch the film, the eye in the sky don't lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqJRd3mN01w

I won't pretend that I've watched film on either Eifert or Ertz, but I definitely won't be mad if we draft one of them with the first pick. We need game changers on offense, and while people concentrate on receivers, tight end is as big a need IMO.

watch the highlight video from 2012 on the link

I might catch some slack for this but I believe he is a better pro prospect than Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski coming out of college... (remember they have brees and brady throwing them the ball two HOF) if there is one thing I hope we do is draft Eifert in the first. Say good bye to Carpenter kicks and hello to Red Zone TDs

watch the film, the eye in the sky don't lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqJRd3mN01w

He's going to go in the 20's somewhere. The guy is too polished to not be a 1st round pick, especially considering how much value teams are putting into this position nowadays. A guy like Eifert is a mismatch against anyone trying to cover him. He will out jump and box out any DB and will run past any LB. I say you move back 5 or 6 picks, pick up another 2nd or 3rd, and take him in the 1st if you really want him.

Like I said, the guy is incredibly polished for his age.

I am not a fan of picking a TE as high as Miami will be picking in this draft, especially with how much more we need a premier receiver, a lockdown corner, a passrusher to put oppisite Wake, or a quality guard, but I must admit, Eifert looks like a difference maker just like Graham and Gronkowski. If he manages to blow everyone away at the combine, I personally would not have any problems taking him that high and fixing the other positions with our 2-2nd rounders and 2-3rd rounders.

He's going to go in the 20's somewhere. The guy is too polished to not be a 1st round pick, especially considering how much value teams are putting into this position nowadays. A guy like Eifert is a mismatch against anyone trying to cover him. He will out jump and box out any DB and will run past any LB. I say you move back 5 or 6 picks, pick up another 2nd or 3rd, and take him in the 1st if you really want him.

Like I said, the guy is incredibly polished for his age.

Couldn't have said it any better and TE's only get better in the NFL because most colleges do not have TE coaches. I can't comment or speculate if ND does or not but Dan Campbell could have this guy the best TE in the league in two years..

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I am not a fan of picking a TE as high as Miami will be picking in this draft, especially with how much more we need a premier receiver, a lockdown corner, a passrusher to put oppisite Wake, or a quality guard, but I must admit, Eifert looks like a difference maker just like Graham and Gronkowski. If he manages to blow everyone away at the combine, I personally would not have any problems taking him that high and fixing the other positions with the with out 2-2nd rounders and 2-3rd rounders.
We also have 47M$ in cap space to assist as well, I think after FA you can cross of premier receiver and lockdown cornwer/ or pass rusher

I like him but we would have to move back into the 1st to get him.................DE/WR with our 1st pick,

I say trade back to the late first kinda like we did with odrick, and pick eifert at 24-26 while also getting another pick, maybe a 6th or 7th

Last edited by a moderator:
I say trade back to the late first kinda like we did with odrick, and pick eifert at 24-26 while also getting another pick, maybe a 6th or 7th

Drop back 12 to 14 spots for only a 6th or 7th. Sorry, you do not understand draft value at all.

No doubt he could be a great player....... however..

#12 pick.. id perfer to move up... instead of move back... ( you move back and he gets picked up before your pick.... dumb)

picking TE in the first round to me is a luxury pick.... id perfer to Dolphins to sign J. Finley (likely to be released) .... and upgrade the TE position without using a draft pick.

Go DE at #12...to start play opposite Wake ... get more pressure on the QB.

sign a veteran TE and WR to be playmakers on offense.......

Man O Man! But I gotta admit he has that Bess and Hartline tendency to fall down after every catch.

I'm certainly not going to give you any grief for that, because Eifert is a very good prospect with excellent hands and size as well as decent speed. But, I will disagree with that opinion. In college Gronkowski was about as good of a TE prospect as there ever was. He looked like a bigger, faster and stronger Tony Gonzalez. But he missed a year with a serious back injury, and while he was completely medically cleared, most teams had him as a major medical red flag. If not for that he definitely would have been drafted in the top half of the first round.

Graham was much more of a raw project with freakish athletic talent on par with JPP and Aldon Smith. As a prospect, there is no question Eifert is rated higher than Graham was. But, after Graham developed, he is playing at a level that is above Eifert's ceiling, IMHO.

Eifert is like a bigger and faster version of Jason Whitten. As Witten is the all-time reception leader for Dallas, that's saying quite a lot. But, he is roughly the same height and build as Graham, with less speed, quickness and vertical leap.

Eifert had a chance to be great, but nobody expects his production to exceed Gronk:s or Graham's. I'd definitely be excited to have him (or Ertz) from this draft.

I won't pretend that I've watched film on either Eifert or Ertz, but I definitely won't be mad if we draft one of them with the first pick. We need game changers on offense, and while people concentrate on receivers, tight end is as big a need IMO.

Exactly. In fact, I think an upper echelon TE will accelerate the development of RT more than any WR. A TE is a QB's security blanket. Eifert looks like he could be elite and would be a good red zone target.
The Phins have a solid team. What they are missing are impact players on offense and defense. In the 1st rd, they need to grab the guy that has the potential to be an impact player at his respective position.

TE is a need.... in round two

Back
Top Bottom