UDFA LB Freddie Roach chooses NE over Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UDFA LB Freddie Roach chooses NE over Miami

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Probably not a big deal, but Saban seems like he was pretty interested.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...6/05/09/roach_hopes_to_make_name_for_himself/

Agent Mark Slough said the Patriots edged out the Dolphins, among other squads, to sign Roach in what turned out to be a ''competitive bidding." Dolphins coach Nick Saban, who unsuccessfully recruited Roach while coaching at Louisiana State, made multiple calls, according to Slough.

freddie_roach-1.jpg

BIO: Four-year starter and All-Conference selection every year but his sophomore campaign. Senior totals included 66 tackles after 57/9/2 as a junior.

POSITIVES: Run-stuffing linebacker best as a two-down defender. Forceful up the field, fires through gaps and displays a straight-line burst of speed. Strong, defeats blocks and brings ball-handlers down on initial contact.

NEGATIVES: Lacks the ability to immediately alter his angle of attack or change direction. Possesses marginal ball skills and does not display an explosive break to the pass.

ANALYSIS: A hard-hitting linebacker who stacks well against the run, Roach could back up at middle linebacker or possibly develop into a starter on the inside for a 34 alignment.

PROJECTION: Late Fourth Round

i wanted to get him!!!! Whatever though

pre combine i was high on this guy... then he ran like a 4.9 in the 40... which is why i guess he went undrafted, i would have liked to bring him in though

Freddie Roach = Sam Mcgrew. Same type of player, interestingly it appears Saban wants real thumper to patrol the middle.

The Smack stops now.
All the off topic ridiculous posts were moved to the Depths.
What really irks me, is that a Pats fan showed more dignity and maturity than some of you. :shakeno:

WharfRat said:
The Smack stops now.
All the off topic ridiculous posts were moved to the Depths.
What really irks me, is that a Pats fan showed more dignity and maturity than some of you. :shakeno:

Sorry :( I was just defending my fellow fin fan....didnt really think about it that way

Nazi's

It's good to see the Nazi party show up to the conversation.

WharfRat said:
excuse me?

This thread was actually semi interesting. Well I guess it's back to 100th "I betcha Vick will make the roster" thread.

AjFazz85 said:
This thread was actually semi interesting. Well I guess it's back to 100th "I betcha Vick will make the roster" thread.

If you're implying that I'm a "Nazi" because I want the Dolphins forum to remain smack free, (that is after all why we HAVE a smack forum) and don't find it appropriate to discuss the sexual preferences of a fanbase in a Dolphins forum, you may want to bone up on the TOS. If you still have questions, then perhaps we should take this to PM, and I'll explain it all to you.
It shouldn't take long, it's not a difficult concept to grasp.

WharfRat said:
If you're implying that I'm a "Nazi" because I want the Dolphins forum to remain smack free, (that is after all why we HAVE a smack forum) and don't find it appropriate to discuss the sexual preferences of a fanbase in a Dolphins forum, you may want to bone up on the TOS. If you still have questions, then perhaps we should take this to PM, and I'll explain it all to you.
It shouldn't take long, it's not a difficult concept to grasp.

:yeahthat:

There is a place to talk smack and a place not to, this is the place not to

Wharf isnt a nazi because of this...he is a nazi due to other various reasons :lol: just kidding

Back
Top Bottom