"UFC Poses no real longterm threat to Boxing: Round Two" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"UFC Poses no real longterm threat to Boxing: Round Two"

Dubfire

Deep Dish Fan
Reaction score
This writer still lacks perspective.

So will the UFC soon die out? A year ago, I said yes. The lack of depth in the UFC coupled with the lack of success of other MMA organizations in mainstream America looked like a combination for disaster. But with UFC’s purchase of Pride Fighting, that argument is taken away. Now, I think the UFC’s future is up in the air. Dana White could be expanding his organization too fast. Foreign MMA interest could go down if all big fights come to America. Chuck Liddell’s recent loss could plummet the sport’s popularity. Or, Dana White could be expanding his enterprise at just the right pace, and the UFC could become a sport in itself. Quinton Jackson could go on to be the sport’s biggest star, and tremendously raise its popularity. Foreign interest could be provoked if White brings more shows abroad.

That statement made me LOL as I think the exact opposite. Jackson has the personality to take the sport to another level.

As a hardcore boxing fan and huge MMA fan, I disagree with him. This debate was bound to start sooner or later so here it goes. Enjoy.

Click here.

:lol:

I disagree completely. Thats what makes the sport so interesting, the top dawg could go down at any minute.

Over the last 3 shows, I am down about 90k I think my problem is betting with my heart more than my head...And all of the dogs keep winning...Looking at the next card, I'm sure I will be able to win a little bit back though, now I just have to go make some ridiculous threads in the zoo to make some betting money..."Zach to SS" and "Trade JT for Vick", here I come....

Over the last 3 shows, I am down about 90k I think my problem is betting with my heart more than my head...And all of the dogs keep winning...Looking at the next card, I'm sure I will be able to win a little bit back though, now I just have to go make some ridiculous threads in the zoo to make some betting money..."Zach to SS" and "Trade JT for Vick", here I come....

This was the first one I've bet on in awhile. I lost a good bit on Wrestlemania.

i think many are upset that nobody really cares or talks about boxing any more....they are hoping MMA will go away, but its only gonna grow..but soon this sport will be ruined once huge sponsors come along and they start getting fancy agents and don king likes start getting inlvolved...also espn..espn is gonna screw stuff up also

A lot of people are disgusted with Boxing and have been for a while. I see UFC as a legit sport and the buyrates suggest its making a niche.

Back
Top Bottom