UM interested leaving Sun Life stadium - Ross is opposed to the idea

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Daytona Fin, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Smoking Hole at the Hard Rock Moderator Finheaven VIP

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...phins-heat-marlins-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

2. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

I'd like to see a smaller venue closer to the U of M campus so maybe they buy out the remaining contract with Ross.

3. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Dolphins should leave too.

Everyone should play in the AAA. We could probably pack that place out.

What a fantastic venue.

4. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Keep it in Miami and you will sell out all the time... No brainer

5. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I have no problem with UM leaving Sun Life if they want to. Would actually rather them leave so the field is in better shape for when the Dolphins play.

With that said, they need to at least buy out their remaining years to leave, they shouldn't just be allowed to break the deal.

6. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I still don't know why Ross can't put together an attractive enough deal to make it difficult for Beckham's group to not buy it and then just build a stadium somewhere up on the undeveloped, yet turnpike accessible Everglades western fringe areas of Delray or Boynton. I guarantee you, based on accessibility alone, the seats will be filled every week. .

7. Daytona Fin

I do think it would be in the best interests of all three organizations to at least look into to some sort of an alliance on a new stadium.There are many road blocks in the way. One being MLS, who seem to be, not so upfront with potential cities. At first they wanted small venues, solely for soccer. Orlando agreed to those terms and is building a new soccer stadium but now Atlanta was awarded a team and it seems MLS is side stepping on their stadium requirements by allowing their team to play in the newly planned Falcons stadium. Who knows how things will play out but I think Ross should look into a partnership with Beckham's group before moving with his planned renovations. As business savvy as he is , I would bet he has a team researching on it now.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...cial-mls-had-double-standard-in-granting.html

8. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

JCane nailed it. If the Canes can't be on campus it needs to be on the water or nearby. Natural rewards.

I have to laugh every time a stadium is built in an irrelevant area solely because the morons in charge place ignorant emphasis on centralized location or access roads.

I'm not a big fan of cockroaches but you have to root for any living creature to escape Sun Life Stadium.

9. D0lphan72

D0lphan72 War... War never changes Finheaven VIP Donator

Please leave so the endzones can have that awesome paint all year!

10. DeathStar

DeathStar Hall Of Famer

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

Cane officials are just being smart..

If Ross was smart he would take that 400 million dollars worth of lipstick, get the univ of Miami to put in their share, and do a new joint venture multiplex dolphin/canes OB2.

Two progressive for the suits even though both our programs are soaked in tradition that is the venue, and there is a script out there in the NFL that shows the how lucrative and impactful the model can be.

12. Daytona Fin

Latest update, a lot more info in the link.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/...khams.html#.U2hEIocQqVA.twitter#storylink=cpy

13. carjackistan

carjackistan Rookie

After the Gator Day fiasco, maybe Ross should try not to stick his thumb in the eye of UM and its alums. Not sure picking a fight with Donna Shalala is a distraction Ross needs while trying to secure public funding for the Fins' future.

14. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

The Fins should leave Joe Robbie stadium as well. The location is not ideal. The Fins should be playing in a stadium near Bayside. Robbie bought the cheapest land available, instead of land that is appealing.
    Demolish JRS and build more more low income apartments on the site.

15. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

geeeee I wonder why they wanna leave lol

[​IMG]

hmmmm

16. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

If the local Government of Miami and Florida for that matter keep dicking around Miami will not be the Miami Dolphins, they will be the [Insert City name here] [Insert new mascot here].

17. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

Maybe UM and Shalala have a master plan.

Go with MLS stadium. Wait for MLS team to fold like last time (Miami Fusion).

UM gets its own stadium paid for partly by tax payer money and Beckham MLS.

:idk:

18. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

didn't they lower the capacity at the orange Bowl after the dolphins left? and even in the great years when the program was possibly the best in the nation they struggled selling out. is it the venue? I think it is more than just the venue.

19. Dick Pepperwood

Dick Pepperwood A True Fan

Just caught Dodgers Marlins over the weekend, and it was my first time at Marlins Park! Beautiful ball park in a great location. When Robbie built Joe Robbie Stadium in 1986, it was built to be a mix use stadium with baseball which happened. The end result is the Miami Dolphins play in a total piece of garbage with the worst sight lines in the league. 400 million is not going to make over the crap location and outdated NFL stadium. How is it the Dolphins get stuck with the worst pro venue in South Florida. Cant blame the Marlins for leaving, and now the Canes.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

trust me, your stadium is better than most in the league as far as viewing the game. I only went there once but it reminded me of the old meadowlands which was perfect for football, obviously for baseball the lower level is further from the field which sucks but as long as they move them close in the renovation it will become a perfect football Stadium. You don't want what most of the new Stadiums have which are mostly boxes and mile high stadiums.

21. Daytona Fin

Have you watched a game at every stadium in the league?

22. Dick Pepperwood

Upper Deck is too big Dude. Miramar is inconvenient. I would prefer a new Orange Bowl in a prime location. Just my 2 cents man. The Meadowlands was garbage too.

23. Dick Pepperwood

I typically travel to a few Dolphin away games a year. I went to Tampa last year (Raymond James is a way nicer venue) Cowboys stadium is insane, although it is in Arlington. The bottom line is I love watching the Fins play, just not stoked about Sun Life. Unless it is the on field seats which are ok...

24. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I have been to both, I like Joe Robbie better than Tampa's Stadium but Tampa's Stadium isn't as bad as ours.

25. Dick Pepperwood

Not every Stadium. Just would like the Dolphins to have a premier Stadium. I think we deserve something better then 1987, and yet another renovation which will not fix the sight lines or joke of a upper deck