Uncapped Virtually Certain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Uncapped Virtually Certain

Your way off if you think owners are all of a sudden going to throw tonnes more money at players. They all know there will once again be a cap and if anything an uncapped year allows owners to dump mistakes not make new and bigger ones.

Few players will see big money and they would whether it's capped or uncapped. More players will see less money thrown at them because of all the teams that will allow their payroll to drop way down to create a larger profit margin from the tv deal and sales.

Your way off if you think owners are all of a sudden going to throw tonnes more money at players. They all know there will once again be a cap and if anything an uncapped year allows owners to dump mistakes not make new and bigger ones.

Few players will see big money and they would whether it's capped or uncapped. More players will see less money thrown at them because of all the teams that will allow their payroll to drop way down to create a larger profit margin from the tv deal and sales.
I'm not saying break the bank, but if we have an offseason like we did last year, this team is going nowhere.

I'm not saying break the bank, but if we have an offseason like we did last year, this team is going nowhere.

I'd be surprised if we signed more then 1 decent FA, I like many fans wish we would sign a few but I don't see it happening. The best thing we can do is get rid of the wasted contracts and bodies that don't want/need to be here like... R.Torbor, J.Porter, G.Wilson, W.Allen (I like him but not at 5.2mil).

I'd be surprised if we signed more then 1 decent FA, I like many fans wish we would sign a few but I don't see it happening. The best thing we can do is get rid of the wasted contracts and bodies that don't want/need to be here like... R.Torbor, J.Porter, G.Wilson, W.Allen (I like him but not at 5.2mil).
I agree. We're building through the draft, but we need to get at least one garunteed talented player in FA like Dansby or Wilfork.

You know, I was leaning heavy toward cutting guys like Gibril Wilson and Channing Crowder but on the other hand.

Gibril Wilson and Channing Crowder are pretty good depth.

I would like to see the Dolphins jump all over Rolle and AJ Hawk if they are cut.

I'd still like to see McClain or Weatherspoon drafted to play the Mike and run the defense
but I would much rather have AJ Hawk at the Will than Ayodele.

Bell has been known to get injured, it would nice to have Wilson backing him up.

What the hay?? It isn't our money, It's Steve's.

Might as well keep all the depth we can, and if the cap returns next year, we might have to take a cap hit or two, but another year means less of a hit.

You know, I was leaning heavy toward cutting guys like Gibril Wilson and Channing Crowder but on the other hand.

Gibril Wilson and Channing Crowder are pretty good depth.

I would like to see the Dolphins jump all over Rolle and AJ Hawk if they are cut.

I'd still like to see McClain or Weatherspoon drafted to play the Mike and run the defense
but I would much rather have AJ Hawk at the Will than Ayodele.

Bell has been known to get injured, it would nice to have Wilson backing him up.

What the hay?? It isn't our money, It's Steve's.

Might as well keep all the depth we can, and if the cap returns next year, we might have to take a cap hit or two, but another year means less of a hit.

Thats a good point. And when the cap is reinstated, it wont just happen all of a sudden. I would say March 2011 at the earliest. Let Crowder and Wilson play back up roles for big money and then cut them after the season. As long as we can still get rid of them with no cap hit after the season, and cap doesnt matter, no reason not to keep them around.

Back
Top Bottom