Unconventional Draft Hope | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unconventional Draft Hope

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
My biggest hope for this draft does not fall in round 1, but rather round 3. I think the Dolphins need to come out of round 3 with Jimmy Graham TE Miami. This kid is one of the biggest talents in this draft in my opinion. If he would have played 4 years at UM he would defintily be a top 10 pick. 6'6'' 260lbs and 4.5 speed with amazing hands. He is very raw and is not a blocking TE at all, but we already have 3 blocking TEs. He would be the perfect compliment to Marshall over the middle while Brandon is killing teams on the outside. This kid could easily be a Antanio Gates clone, and if we have a dangerous TE, unstoppable WR, Ronnie and Ricky running the ball our offense may be so good it won't matter what our defense does.

He could also be a huge bust. 1 season of football since his freshman year in high school, 17 receptions this past season...the production doesn't merit a 3rd round selection. 5th round I'd take him, 3rd round, with all the holes we have to fill, no taking that chance.

Our 1st and 3rd pick should be defense, after that we could go O-line, more defense, TE, RB.

He could also be a huge bust. 1 season of football since his freshman year in high school, 17 receptions this past season...the production doesn't merit a 3rd round selection. 5th round I'd take him, 3rd round, with all the holes we have to fill, no taking that chance.

Our 1st and 3rd pick should be defense, after that we could go O-line, more defense, TE, RB.

I agree defense is the biggest concern heading in to the draft, but as long as we grab an OLB in round 1 we could take a TE in round 3 and then grab a FS in free agency with Atogwe and Sharper available. Graham just has so much raw talent, and could be the steal of the draft. Yes there is a lot of risk, but with great risk comes great reward. If he falls on his face we lose a 3rd round pick, but if he lives up to his ability we have every peice of the puzzle to become a dynamic offense.

I also like Ed Dickson TE Oregon. He is another freak athlete at 6'4'' 255lbs and a 4.5 40 time. He is much more polished then Jimmy, and had the stats t0 warrant a 3rd round pick. I don't think he has as big of an upside, but he has much less risk, and would be an upgrade over Fasano and Haynos.

I like TE because in round 3 I think we can grab one of the two guys I mentioned and get a top flight TE. I do not see value like this at one of our need positions on defense. When you get to round 3 there will be 10-12 DT and OLBs already drafted, but probably only 3-4 TEs will be gone, so Miami has a chance to grab a need positions while still on a much higher tier of talent.

Back
Top Bottom