Under-radar Dolphins impressing

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jun 16, 2017.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article156521969.html#storylink=rss

2. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

They (under-radar types) always look good until it starts getting real. They are playing hard to make the practice squad. I hope we find a gem or two.

3. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

If one or two guys come out of nowhere to contribute that will just be pure gravy for a team that added a lot of talent,

VBCheeseGrater likes this.
  4. claytonduper

claytonduper Starter

Phillips: If Wake's assessment of him is real we could be in a pleasant surprise. Hopefully, the light has gone on.

5. Dolphinator530

Dolphinator530 Well-Known Member

Being a UGA fan obviously, Smith plays the STAR position kind of a rover nickel corner, safety and LB position has some versatility and definately is a smart player. Might be fun to see him make it to the PS and eventually up on special teams. Dont see him as a tremendous athelte just an elite thinking one which we know only works at a few positions in the NFL and DB isnt one of them.

6. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

Prior UDFA to make the team

2016: Rashawn Scott
    2015: Neville Hewitt, Mike Hull, Andrew Franks, Matt Darr
    2014: Damien Williams

John Biello likes this.
  7. Digital

Digital Starter

Honestly the ones I'm most excited to see probably aren't going to flash until the pads go on. I am intrigued by Smith, but more so by Chase Allen, Martin Praise-Oguike, Eric Smith and a few others.

The NFL is not a flag football league, so showing well in shorts isn't enough. I'm interested to see who can handle the real game against real competition when things start to matter to people. It's still not a real game against veterans, but it does pique my interest more than the quickness drills we see now.

8. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

We have a ton of young recievers that I am excited to see who is going to win out and I am going to expect at least one of them to spell the big three this year. The 2 DT's from the draft this year have a chance and there is opportunity along with Smith from Ga at Safety or nickle plus Eric Smith and Chase Allen as Digital mentioned above. We need depth / talent at all of these positions.

9. NoblePhin

NoblePhin Starter Donator

I want to see how Warmsley, Pitts, and Hendy have developed. All could push to make the end of the roster and those back up positions are up for grabs.

10. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Maurice Smith is way too slow to do much in the NFL imo.