Under the radar undrafted rookies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Under the radar undrafted rookies

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
NFL scouts and general managers get paid a lot of money to find the best talent available from the collegiate ranks. However, every year there are surprise rookies who went undrafted and are able to make an impact around the league.

Last year, for example, Miami had success with undrafted rookie Sam Brenner, who was overlooked by every NFL team last April but was a valuable role player for the Dolphins. Brenner played in seven games, including four starts, for Miami after last year’s bullying scandal tore apart its offensive line. This year Brenner is in the running to be a Week 1 starter at center in place of the injured Mike Pouncey.

C Tyler Larsen, RB Damien Williams, DE Garrison Smith

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/8400/three-dolphins-undrafted-rookies-to-watch

Larsen probably has the best shot since Pouncey got hurt, but who knows maybe the other two will be too good to cut.

Anthony Johnson is another UDFA to watch, not sure how "under the radar" he is, though.

I'm looking forward to watching guard Sam Longo. He's strong and aggressive, but might need a year or two on a NFL practice squad before he's NFL ready.

I think Anthony Johnson has the best shot at making the 53 man roster. Tyler Larsen's stubby arms are going to hinder him.

Larsen's arms are a 1/2 inch shorter than the Pouncey brothers', so I think if he has the talent he can over come his arm length.

Back
Top Bottom